Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Something Evolution owners DONT want to see

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2005, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Something Evolution owners DONT want to see

The story:

My evo was leaking oil from like 4 different places. I bring it to this local shop and they fix all the leaks.

I'm driving to work on Saturday (today) and there is white smoke coming from the engine bay.. I check my oil.. it's fine. I call the people who fixed the leaks and told them and they said that white smoke will be noticeable for a couple of days because of lots of risidual oil burning off the motor/transmission/left axle.

So I go about my business like its normal, it has white smoke off and on.. not to much.

Evening time i'm headed down to the Infiniti dealer to trade my car in for a 2003 G35.. motor siezes up doing 80 on the highway... almost wreck.. pull over.

Go to the trunk to get a flashlight so I could see whats going on under the hood... trunk/back bumper is COVERED in oil. I'm like... ah ****.. this isnt happening!

So I go under the hood and the first thing I do is check the oil (because of all the oil on the back of the car)

Not ONE ****ing drop of oil.

So thats the story.. tommorow during the day when I can see i'll fill that ***** up with 4qts of oil and try to push start it... see if it starts. Hopefully it does.. but I'm doubting it.

Monday i'll call this "SHOP" that "FIXED" my car and get them to fix this **** or i'll take them to small claims court. (they gave me a 12,000mile warranty on the "work" they did)

So hopefully it all works out and I can get rid of this problematic but fun car..

Is the Evo trying to tell me something? "NO ***** YOU CANT GET RID OF ME, I'LL SIEZE UP ON YOUR *** BEFORE I LET YOU GET AN INFINITI!"

Haha, well.. sorry for the long post. Here are some pictures I took when I arrived back at my house:

Last edited by EvoVIII_SFL; Feb 7, 2005 at 06:15 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry the evo has been so much trouble for you. This would be my calling to build the bottom end, mostly at the "shops" expence. But you can't argue with a G35.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks man. I'm the second owner and I met the first owner a couple weeks ago and found out the car was totaled.

I love the car, most fun i've ever had. It's just time to get a "regular" non high maintence car that I don't get addicted to modifying haha.

Yea I like the G35, its a nice comfortable car. I'm going with a black 2005 Sedan, with every option available.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

oh mean thats harsh, i'm sorry to hear that... what specific places was the oil leaking from before the place " fixed " it??
Old Feb 5, 2005, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

TOTALED? I would get rid of it too.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

2 leaks from the transfer case, one from the place where you drain the oil for the main part of the engine. (dont know what you call it)

and one from the left axle

edit: whiplash: yea, the roof was buckled in, front replaced, back right door replaced. but the car is in HOT shape, they did some really nice body work and you cant tell at all it was totaled.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 08:03 PM

Bummer, sounds like it's dead for ever. G35 is sweet to with a LOT of style and lux. comfort. That's the only think i miss is the lux. Maybe an M3?
Old Feb 5, 2005, 08:07 PM
Evolving Member

hehe M3.. can I borrow some money? I'm only 20 and self employed!
Old Feb 5, 2005, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear
Old Feb 5, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Did the party or place that sold you the car disclosed that it had been a total loss? Was the title branded?
Old Feb 5, 2005, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Ah yes, the joy of finding out your Evo is out of oil AFTER the engine rips itself apart, thank you Mitsu for failing to set up the oil warning gauge properly...
Old Feb 5, 2005, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why didn't you take the car to Mitsu in the first place. It sounds like it would have been covered under the OEM warranty.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds like you had some bad luck, hopefully things will get better with your next ride.
Old Feb 5, 2005, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

If you're talking about the leaking for the warranty, it could've been covered, if you're talking about the lack of oil, they would've bent you over backwards and screwed you as hard as they did me
Old Feb 5, 2005, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

you didn't know the car was totaled from the get go? sounds like a law suit if you ask me..