Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

dyno/track Rant!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thats cool. im extremely dissapointed with my car right now.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Was your dyno done on a dynojet? If so than your dyno numbers some what match up with your time (maybe you could hit 12.7 or 12.8). So in that respect nothing seems terribly wrong, but then again your car should be making more than 290WHP even on **** 91 octane. I'm thinking 320-330WHP on a dynojet maybe. In my opinion not all is right with your car. I admire the loyalty you have to the guy that tuned your car, but if he really cared for your well being, then he would understand if you had your car atleast evaluated by another tuner. Your tuner should understand that your not calling his tune crap, but your just covering all your bases. Look it's your well being, it's your car, your the one who paid for it, if your tuner was in the same situation he have it checked out by another tuner also. I mean to ignore the fact that tuning can make just as much of a negative impact on your car as it can do positive is stupid. This has been proven time in and time out. Tuners need to stop taking things so personal, and instead of getting ****, try raising their skills to a higher level.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 3000ways
Was your dyno done on a dynojet? If so than your dyno numbers some what match up with your time (maybe you could hit 12.7 or 12.8). So in that respect nothing seems terribly wrong, but then again your car should be making more than 290WHP even on **** 91 octane. I'm thinking 320-330WHP on a dynojet maybe. In my opinion not all is right with your car. I admire the loyalty you have to the guy that tuned your car, but if he really cared for your well being, then he would understand if you had your car atleast evaluated by another tuner. Your tuner should understand that your not calling his tune crap, but your just covering all your bases. Look it's your well being, it's your car, your the one who paid for it, if your tuner was in the same situation he have it checked out by another tuner also. I mean to ignore the fact that tuning can make just as much of a negative impact on your car as it can do positive is stupid. This has been proven time in and time out. Tuners need to stop taking things so personal, and instead of getting ****, try raising their skills to a higher level.
thanks, thats great feedback.

yes it was a dynojet. im going to do a pressure check soon. if all is well with that, i will be back-tracking my mods to see which is the troublemaker.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BSREVOLUTION
thats cool. im extremely dissapointed with my car right now.

Your car is fine man, Cheer up
Old Feb 6, 2005, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Old Feb 6, 2005, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

Go back to stock. Shouldnt take long. Reset ECU. Add one mod at a time. My car with a boost controller and Burschur Turbo back pulled 260 HP on a dyno dynamics dyno, Map-0 on UTEC. Once you are back to stock, DATA LOG with UTEC on MAP-0. Add somthing, reset ECU and keep doing this. You should be able to find the weakest link this way.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thinking it over, this make a good case for the staged kit approach. First you will know what to expect. If it is not as expected it is much easier to get help.
Old Feb 6, 2005, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

thats a very good idea. its just that harman motive is two hours away and it would cost me an arm and a leg to pay for the dyno time. ill see if dan would help me out. thanks justin