Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

I'm actually thinking about selling my Evo...

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2005, 11:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Man, I'd of given you 35K in a heartbeat for that Evo. I just got an MR for 36K, so I would of saved money on taxes. How fast is it in the 1/4 mile on pump gas? Day late and a dollar short I guess! I would say keep it. It is a fairly safe car no matter what power it makes. Lots of frame supports, very stable in emergency manuevers, and 4 doors makes for a good baby hauler.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey if you plan on selling it, ill help buy some aftermarket parts
Old Feb 7, 2005, 12:20 AM

Either trade that guy straight across for the MR and then sell the MR, or keep the darn Evo. My friend has a G35 6MT and we regularly switch cars, it's just not the same. I can't tell you how many family members I have who sold their Porsches and Corvettes when the kids came along and now regret it. Just keep the darn car. :-p
Old Feb 7, 2005, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the advice. I was actually thinking of going back and starting over by getting an MR. But that would be throwing money out the window. The reason I'm contemplating all of this is because of the maintenance that goes along with owning a 500whp car. I'm trying to think what I can do to make it a little more reliable... I was thinking about going to a GT30R for a little better spool and some other things to get a little more streetable. Any other suggestions? Oh, and to answer the pump gas question, I ran a 11.8@1?? last summer. No race gas passes yet.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 12:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOlunchbox
I can't believe I'm actually thinking about selling my Evo. But after making close to 500 whp, and feeling like I've been there done that with the Evo, I'm kind of tired of it and ready to move on to something different. I have about $25,000 invested and it only has 18,000 miles. My Fiancee and I plan on starting a family at the end of this year, along with me starting my masters next Fall. So I feel like I am stuck between a rock and a hard place on what I should do. Do you think I should sell it? If so, for how much? Or should I keep it? My fiancee doesn't know how to drive manual, so we could never switch cars if I needed extra seats, etc. She will be getting an FX35. So I'm looking for something with performance and flexibility. I've been so deep into the Evo scene that I don't know what's out there now. Can you guys offer some help? Cheers
Well it seems to me u should get a family type of car since soon u will be a family man. The only problem is ur never even going to get close to what u put into that car. The dealership wont give u much extra and selling the parts will get u more, but not as much as u spent. I would say to u attempt to keep the car if u can, save it as a project type of car but if u cant then do what u got to do, As much i love cars there are more important things in life and sometimes u cant have ur cake and eat it too.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Greyfox5
Well it seems to me u should get a family type of car since soon u will be a family man. The only problem is ur never even going to get close to what u put into that car. The dealership wont give u much extra and selling the parts will get u more, but not as much as u spent. I would say to u attempt to keep the car if u can, save it as a project type of car but if u cant then do what u got to do, As much i love cars there are more important things in life and sometimes u cant have ur cake and eat it too.
Very true

Last edited by EVOlunchbox; Feb 7, 2005 at 05:55 AM.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 12:40 AM
Evolving Member

what type of vehicle are u looking for SUV, CAr, Truck??? Also what price range are u looking for. Why dont u keep the Evo and go and get a regular Lancer or the last generation Galant those or anything that is cheap to drive the kids around. Just look for crash safety and u should be fine.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 06:13 AM
Former Sponsor

hey EvoLunchBox, suprised to see your looking to sell possibly. if i were you, i would hold on to the car. you have far to much money to let go at this point. my suggestion would be the same as amprowler. look for a new/newer domestic as a DD with the family and such, and use the evo as a weekend warrior.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah! I know your feelings. I have been my self prety close to sell my evo but I love this car...
But some times I miss a lot of things that the EVO doesn't have. But still a nice and turning head car after 2 years.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

didnt he say he wanted a different car just because he was bored of the evo not that he was so safety concerned?

Originally Posted by amprowler
what type of vehicle are u looking for SUV, CAr, Truck??? Also what price range are u looking for. Why dont u keep the Evo and go and get a regular Lancer or the last generation Galant those or anything that is cheap to drive the kids around. Just look for crash safety and u should be fine.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 07:25 AM
Evolving Member

EvoLunchBox, if you are going to sell it go back to stock and trade it in. I think you should keep it, because like most you will just get the mod bug again and buy another money pit because you know how good it feels. Be safe when you drive stay out of boost. With a turbo the size of yours this shouldn't be too hard. Get nuts when the kid isn't in the car. For the price of the FX35 you could get two daily drivers that are safe family haulers (i.e., Jeep liberty & Mazda 3). Keep the super pumped up Evo for the track and the good feelings that the money spent on the Evo is in good hands.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 09:50 AM

I think you should keep it. My arguement for buying mine was that it's a good family car. I bought in on 11/30. A few hours later my 3rd child was born (in fact my wife was in early labor when I signed the papers, but it was her idea) It has all the child safty features like her WRX. As my kids grow I may consider a minivan for her, but I'll keep the EVO. My kids really love the turbo and the wing .

2005 Silver Evo MR
Old Feb 7, 2005, 09:54 AM

Buy the way I just sold my last hotrod for this one and lost out bigtime. I wish I would have kept it and still bought the Evo as well. It was an 88 Ford Ranger Lightning 4X4 with 351w EFI.
Old Feb 7, 2005, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by housedj
get the recaro baby seats & you're good to go!!
Look why be all into the scene and drop it like that......the EVO is perfect, better than a slow as g35 2 dr with no room......The evo gives you room, speed and most importantly you know your car in and out.......Why wast all that time and money just to sell it to some kid who will probably wreck it, cuz he thinks all the mods will keep it on the road.... and So what if your girl cant drive the car, in my eyes that is a good thing , or teach her when you know the clutch is starting go. Get a RECARO baby car seat and teach your new baby what fast is.....Just be carful with him or her in the car..

here is pic of one that would even match the stock EVO seats....cmon man stay an EVO guy dont go....

Old Feb 7, 2005, 12:08 PM

I think the Evo is a great family car! I was able to use the "4 door and awd" angle to make it sound like an intelligent purchase and it worked. My wife drove my evo in the snow for the first winter and was blown away by the traction and control. I do have a spare set of stock wheels with Dunlop M2's that are on the car in the winter and they are a huge difference. Anyway, our other car now is an 05 Subaru Legacy ( didnt get the turbo, but should have!) and the car is great. All I can say is when your living where we are awd is the best part. I actually stored my evo this winter, because I have a company vehicle and I figure keeping it out of the salt is first on my mind. Good luck with your decision and hope to see you around this summer. Joe - hksmx6gt@comcast.net