Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got problem with my e4

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2005, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Got problem with my e4

Does the original ECU have any cut off system? I accidently slipped a wire from the positive terminal of the battery to the negative terminal. Some spark develop and the next thing i know theres no electrical power whatsoever, i checked all the fuses and battery, its still ok. Anyone has any views?

Thanks
Old Feb 7, 2005, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Knowledge of the E4 is thin on the ground here. The Evo VIII is the first Evo in the US.

That being said, electronics don't take voltage spikes and shorts very well. I believe there is a fuse that is inline with the main voltage cable on most cars. (not sure on the E4 though) Did you check this one?
Old Feb 7, 2005, 09:32 PM

I'm still tracing the voltage line but so far almost all the affected areas that i'm presuming have been checked like Battery fuses and ignitions. Will look into it further once i get back from work. Just wondering whether E8 have any cut offs switches, its purpose should be almost similar from E4 above.

Thanks for the feedback.