Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo IX Brochure

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2005, 09:28 PM
aqs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vroompsh
Lets use the E46 M3 as an example...The engine in that car is tuned to the max for street reliability. The compression ratio is very high. There are maybe 1 or 2 superchargers made for it, and i have yet to see a turbo kit for that car.

I wasn't aware of the STi's VVT system, so you have a point there. I guess these VVT systems (subaru's and mitsu's) are very mild as compared to..say..honda's VTEC. The S2000 has a crazy VTEC system...As long as the CR of the IX's engine is close to what it was before, it will be ok. I just don't see a point. The 4G63 is one of the most boosthappy bulletproof engines you can find. I don't know why would go thru the trouble of redesigning the valvetrain for maybe 5-10 hp when you could achieve such high numbers with the current engine. I guess it could smooth out the powerband a bit...
You talk like having a high CR is not possible with a turbo. Some japanese tuners have made such engines with great results; it's all about tuning. In fact, my turbo Integra R I used to have was wicked fast at 8 psi with the stock 10.6:1 CR. This setup has been known to dyno around 260whp when tuned well.

In regards to MIVEC.. I don't see tuning as being any more difficult with the addition of it.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

I'm diggin' the wheels, they look similar to Works Emotion Kais.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

i like it i like the back end the only thing im not 100% on is the front isnt as aggressive lookin as the 8 but hey........
Old Feb 9, 2005, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 3000ways
GlobalGB any ideas on the power figures for the EVO IX, I know horsepower will still probably be rated at 280HP, but to gauge the true power of the car what is the torque numbers?

I'm loving the EVO IX even more, cuz it will probably drop the value of the EVO VIII, allowing me to finally purchase my dream car for a very good price.
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=121251
Old Feb 9, 2005, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NC_EvO_GuY
Does anyone know if the blue in the brochure is the same as the '05 electric blue.... gosh I can't wait till this hits the US market... I already informed all of the mitsu dealers within 50 miles of me to call me as soon as they get a production schedule... oh and r we getting those new hot seats for sure or not???
well from the picture it says

the RS will only be offered in the solid white

the colors are
blue mika
white solid
red solid
yellow solid
black mika
cool silver metallic

Last edited by burningmoney97; Feb 10, 2005 at 12:34 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by astondg
I think it's working ok for the STI so far? What do you mean about the compression ratio? I though the main ways to increase it was to use different (high compression) pistons or, in some cars, shave the head? What do you mean by "maximise the power via tuning"?

Aston
As far as I know the Subaru's only have VVT on the inlet side, I am sincerely hoping that the MIVEC is full VVT but we will have to wait and see I guess. On an additional note, Subaru are bringing out a full VVT engine later this year (Jap/UK market).
Old Feb 10, 2005, 03:05 AM
Evolving Member

I think MIVEC is only intake side as well, I could be wrong though.

Aston
Old Feb 10, 2005, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GlobalGB
As far as I know the Subaru's only have VVT on the inlet side, I am sincerely hoping that the MIVEC is full VVT but we will have to wait and see I guess. On an additional note, Subaru are bringing out a full VVT engine later this year (Jap/UK market).
if thats true mitsu will def follow up with the same.only better
Old Feb 10, 2005, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Be afraid... be very afraid! Evolution IXcoming to you very soon!

Despite recent national press reports that the new Evolution IX model will just feature cosmetic updates we can now reveal that this new Evo variant will feature an all new MIVEC Turbo Engine significantly increasing standard power .

Further details will be available soon but in the interim period we can confirm that yet again Mitsubishi have excelled themselves with their latest Evolution Incarnation. In addition to the all new MIVEC engine there is an all new larger turbo with magnesium intake housing (option on GSR) designed to further improve engine response along with many other Important mechanical detail changes.

Significant styling enhancements developed through many hours of research and wind tunnel development produce the most aerodynamic Evo to date and return it towards the days where its more popular distinctive styling attitude was appreciated. The under body has been much modified to significantly reduce drag adding to the improved acceleration times, maximum speed and handling the new IX model offers.

The new model will be available in three exciting versions. An RS version limited to a production of 200 units will be complimented by a 5 speed GT and six speed GSR models. All models will retain the Bilstein Suspension and Alloy lightweight body parts developed for the recent special edition Evolution VIII MR model and features a Carbon Fibre rear spoiler with Gurney Lip. Being top of the new range, the GSR comes complete with leather interior as standard

The GT sports some of the many standard features of the top of the range luxury six speed GSR model, such as Sports ABS and a Recaro Interior but weighs in less than the GSR version which should appeal to the dedicated enthusiast.

The GSR model will feature for the first time as standard equipment, projection fog lights, Recaro sports seats with leather side bolsters along with other upgrades to the Interior further improving its combined luxury and sporting feel.

Additionally of course the new MIVEC Turbo engine should also open up some exciting new tuning options to add to our XT tuning range for those who like to go even quicker !
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Thio
This is weird: there is an antenna on the top of the car, but inside the car there is no radio. What's up with that?
prewired for radio...
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:24 PM
Evolving Member

sweet!!

I Friggen Cant wait!!!!! That *** looks nice..... nice booty baby. ill take 2 9's.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by Thio
This is weird: there is an antenna on the top of the car, but inside the car there is no radio. What's up with that?
My Evo 7 RS is like that. No radio, but antenna on side.

Pics below

http://www.ivanko.com/products/prd_t...II_RS_RHD.html
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:30 AM
Evolved Member

MIVEC Turbo...

so put all the haters to rest!