Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Shifter bushings kit

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2005, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got em installed -- HUGE difference in how shifting feels. Does not feel knotchy at all. Has a very smooth feel to it. I'd recommend the time to get them!
Old Apr 26, 2005, 11:09 AM
Evolving Member

I just ordered the Kartboy under hood and shifter base bushings and have the Mitsu alloy weighted shift knob. I'll review them when they're installed!
Old Apr 26, 2005, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Went with the brass underhood and shifter base bushings but no short shifter and I LOVE the feel now.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

I also have done the bushings - bras underhood and the hard urathane inside. The combo makes shifting feel very precise.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

I should prolly get the shifter base bushings as well...did any of you just install the underhood first, take a drive, and then do the shifter base?
Old Apr 27, 2005, 12:13 AM
Evolved Member

I did that - my underhood bushings were in for about 2 weeks before I felt like pulling the center console. The underhood bushings make the biggest difference, but the bushings for the console do help some too. I chose to use urathane bushings for the shifter base because I still wanted some give, and I didn't want metal bushings transfering all of the car's unibody vibration to the shifter.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 10:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Kronik
I should prolly get the shifter base bushings as well...did any of you just install the underhood first, take a drive, and then do the shifter base?
I'm about to do that just like erioshi... I'll probably write a small review after I intall the underhoods, then put in the base ones and replace the underhoods with the stocks and write a review that way I can compare directly. Then I'll put it all in and write an overall review... then I'll be off driving and not writing reviews 'cause of how nice it's gonna feel.

Both urethane sets will be here this weekend sometime.
Old Apr 28, 2005, 11:02 PM
Evolved Member

I've got the Kartboy short shifter and bushing kit and it's awesome!
Old Apr 28, 2005, 11:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I installed the shifter base bushings first, and then the underhood ones (both brass). The shifter bushings barely made a difference at all, and I couldn't really see how it would before the install (drove this setup around for a good month). It did make a difference, but very very little. Then I installed the underhood ones. Taking off the stock rubber bushings, it had a lot of slack in it. Enough to make you think the cotter pin may just fall out one day. This one definitely made a difference in the shifts. 3rd gear by far improved the most. The underhood ones probably eliminated 60% of my notchiness. 2nd gear still is scratchy to go in, but improved. Overall, I still get my 2nd gear grind, just as much as before the installation. Next I'll try BG fluid.