Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Looks like Mitsubishi Motors is struggling....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
the best warranty in the business, and some of the best resale values. You can't go wrong with this.

Your joking right? How many people still have their warrenty? Mitsu reps suck
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mitsu cars lost $2 Billion in 9 months!!! $2 Billion here, $2 Billion there, pretty soon it adds up to REAL MONEY.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Don't take this too seriously, it was posted in the Detroit news, those idiots will do anything to make a foreign car manufacturer look bad in the motor city.

Mitsubishi has a great product, the best warranty in the business, and some of the best resale values. You can't go wrong with this.
You are dead wrong on all three accounts. Mitsubishi's only decent car is the evo, everything else is garbage compared to the competition. How can you honestly say that the warranty is worth a damn?
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:43 PM
Evolved Member

Mitsubishi will never go under

6 new cars will be released in the next 3 yrs....2 cars being released this yr new redesigne eclipse, and the raider...

now do u kno how much money it cost to develop da eclipse? a lot of loot

and second...mitsu is no longer using deuictch (????bad spellin) advertising agency....4 huge advertising agencies are bidding to have Mitsu as a customer!!!

nissan or renault are purchasing 40,000 mini cars from mitsubishi motors a yr for thier own line up....

Mitsubishi heavy industries are in + sales this fiscal quarter

merril lynch is lookin into invest money into MMCA - opps did i leak that out????

what about theBEST BACKED CAR Campaign????? money being spent....its jus that sales has beeen in a slump...but so are everyone else...

if u look back from years...mitsu sales has dropped da least amount of percetages than VW.....did u kno dat?

so ...i think mitsu will be around
Old Feb 9, 2005, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

I don't think you know anything about financial accounting. The costs of developing new cars is amortized over several years. Mitsu doesn't have to take a hit for all the development costs in one year. The cause of the $2 Billion loss is lots of other problems, expensive R&D is only a small part of the problm.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 04:46 AM
Evolved Member

mitsu has money...trust me...i just came out of corp. meeting on tuesday...a regular salesmen my self gets invited to a corp meeting with mitsu....does that mean i am gettin a new job????
Old Feb 10, 2005, 06:17 AM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

everyone seems to think that because of mitsu fuso division screwed up that all of mits is going down or is hurting, especially now that chrysler and mitsu have parted ways, but nobody understands that mitsu corp. owns the second largest bank in tokyo and has 30 major companys under its belt. it wouldnt surprise me if that article took the loses of some of those companies, added them together and said it was mits motor's loses. mitsu may have hit a bump in the road with the fuso divisions cover ups but to say they are going under or some bs like that is just plain stupid. oh a link to the list of mitsu companies that mitsu corp owns for ya'lls info http://http://www.mitsubishi.com/php...rch.php?lang=1
Old Feb 10, 2005, 06:24 AM
Evolved Member

oh and about the warranties, they are great you just have to know which dealer to take your cars to and know how to talk to the service writer. just becuase you have an intake here some exhause there is enough grounds to have the warranty voided. a 10 year 100k mile powertrain 5 year 60k mile bumber to bumber warranty plus the insentives they offer like mitsu loyalty money if you trade a old mitsu in and all that other stuff. to say every other car of mitsu is crap except the evo? that is a lil bit of ignorance there. i mean come on they offer an outlander awd 5 speed, do i hear the sounds of a evo engine swap or aftermarket turbo set up? everything said here is just me venting and are my own veiw of things
Old Feb 10, 2005, 06:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ev0 loo shun
Check it out. My mom knows im gettin an EVO pretty soon and she showed me this paper and freaked out...lol she thinks the EVO isn't worth anything. Just wanted u guys to see it.
Old news......
Old Feb 10, 2005, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Of course Mistubishi is one of the very largest Japanese conglomerates, not only in automobiles and banking, but also in consumer electronics (go to your local Best Buy and what kind of big screent TVs and HDTVs do you see most?), etc. etc. The comapny's job is to make profits for the shareholders. If they are hemmoraging money from Mistubishi cars, they could pull the plug or sell it, and still be a huge company, without a money losing division.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 08:08 AM
Former Sponsor

Mitsubishi Motors USA makes up like 6 or 8% of entire Mitsubishi...I think they can keep the cars coming and Mitsubishi won't be going anywhere for a LONG time.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Here's a Forbes article:
http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/...ap1811102.html
Old Feb 11, 2005, 09:46 AM

Mitsubishi Motors USA makes up like 6 or 8% of entire Mitsubishi...I think they can keep the cars coming and Mitsubishi won't be going anywhere for a LONG time.
If anything, it's the US market that will save mitsu motors. The losses they're seeing here are nothing compared to the losses in japan. Within a short time, they've went from 3rd largest automaker in japan to 7th (behind suzuki)! I agree the main reason for the lossses is bad public opinion from press, but what we see here from the AP is so much more kind than what's been happening in japan.

Everyone knows mitsu as a whole is a massive collection of companies with massive cash, but that doesn't necessarily mean the auto division won't tank - I give them about 50/50.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 09:59 AM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Dale_K
From today's Detroit News.....

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosins.../C03-84191.htm

Mitsubishi Motors also said Tuesday it had reached a preliminary agreement over compensation being sought by key shareholder DaimlerChrysler AG for financial damages arising from the repeated scandals.

Mitsubishi Motors said the preliminary pact calls for it to transfer the remaining 20 percent stake it owns in Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corp., raising DaimlerChrysler's stake in the Tokyo-based truck maker to 85 percent from the current 65 percent.

Dow Jones Newswires reported that DaimlerChrysler will get additional cash compensation of about 200 million euros to 250 million euros ($255 million to $319 million).

Neither Mitsubishi Motors nor the German automaker would say how much cash Mitsubishi would pay under the settlement agreement.

See, that is why DC had a press release that they will not back Mitsu so when the stocks drop they will have a huge windfall in buying out the company and own it totally.
Old Feb 11, 2005, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

I could be wrong but I think I read somewhere that the US automotive portion of Mitsu was just in place for name reconition for the larger part of the Mitsu empire.