Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Lancer Evolutions here already?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2003, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Lancer Evolutions here already?

Hey, I was in San Diego the other day, and I saw 2 differant Lancer Evolutions (A yellow one driving and a blue one parked) It looked exactly like the ones that I saw at the La auto show...Are the Evo's here already? Im totally sure if the back emblum said "Lancer Evolution" or "Lancer EVO"(I could'nt see that well because it was dark) but it did have it on the bottom left corner...I live in southern Calilfornia, and would like to get one (test drive first) Any Ideas where to get it for MSRP price?

***Also, how many evolutoins is mitsubishi planing to sell this year? I live in the inland valley, and I really don't want to be the 50th person to have this car...I would really like to be maybe one of the few people who have this..any thoughts?
Old Jan 12, 2003, 12:18 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

I spoke with a dealer who stated the cars had arrived at the port and they were just waiting to see when they would actually arrive to the dealers now, so I guess that could be true. There should be around 5000 Evos sold this year.

Mark
Old Jan 12, 2003, 12:33 PM
Evolving Member

The dealer around here said around 5000 also, but he said over 5 years.. and they'll be getting 3 in The end of this month so I don't know what to believe. You might of see modded Lancers or an Evo7 =P
Old Jan 12, 2003, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

5000 over 5 years? They are sending about 5000 over the first year. That number will probably go up each year too.
Old Jan 12, 2003, 01:04 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow they are ahead of schedule? Thought someone told me that it'll be on the 20th. Maybe we should see it towards the end of this month for the first batch
Old Jan 12, 2003, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

All this talk is getting me excited, sitting in one at the LA Auoto Show was awesome and I did see one in the MMSA parking lot.
Old Jan 12, 2003, 01:45 PM

its here?!?!?! are you guys telling me that the evo's are finally HERE!??!!!? OMFG~!!!!! FINALLY~!!! i thought i had to wait another week or so...but its HERE?!?!?! AHHH~!!!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!
i put a $500 deposit at my dealer (i'm #12 on the list of 15) so as soon as i get one, i'll post up many pics and tell yall all about it~!!
Old Jan 13, 2003, 03:48 AM

One of the dealers here in Minneapolis has at least one already (according to a friend who runs a tuning shop here) He said "there's already one or two here and a bunch of guys have already seen it". I'm picking up a clutch kit from him in the next few days so I can ask more if someone up here is dying to see one. For me...I'll see em soon enough. I'm chomping at the bit to hear the car rags' do the evo/sti shootouts.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

No they're not here yet. Of course there are SOME here..but not the Evo's that will be for sale
Old Jan 13, 2003, 06:45 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MyCre8n=Evlshn
One of the dealers here in Minneapolis has at least one already (according to a friend who runs a tuning shop here) He said "there's already one or two here and a bunch of guys have already seen it". I'm picking up a clutch kit from him in the next few days so I can ask more if someone up here is dying to see one. For me...I'll see em soon enough. I'm chomping at the bit to hear the car rags' do the evo/sti shootouts.
Let me know if you find something out.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 08:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by MyCre8n=Evlshn
I work for a dealer in Minneapolis and no, nobody has one yet. I have the ship dates for every car delivering to this district and there won't be any until mid-late February.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 11:10 PM

Originally posted by pkim703
its here?!?!?! are you guys telling me that the evo's are finally HERE!??!!!? OMFG~!!!!! FINALLY~!!! i thought i had to wait another week or so...but its HERE?!?!?! AHHH~!!!!! SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!
i put a $500 deposit at my dealer (i'm #12 on the list of 15) so as soon as i get one, i'll post up many pics and tell yall all about it~!!

hahahahaha, this guy's freaking out, hahahhaahaha. that's too funny
Old Jan 13, 2003, 11:46 PM

Mark F always has to bring us back to reality every time we step out of line... damn and i was getting excited.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 11:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by broeli
No they're not here yet. Of course there are SOME here..but not the Evo's that will be for sale
Well maybe not the for sale batch but maybe I can change your mind with some stealth pics from mmsa of some lucky bastards Yellow Lancer Evolution with big cf spoiler.