Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

MOD'05 (Mitsubishi Owners Day 2005) @ Mitsubishi HQ USA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2005, 11:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Watch..Next post from one of the guys that went to this will be...SH*T Got my warranty VOIDED after going to MOD'05 (Mitsubishi Owners Day 2005) @ Mitsubishi HQ USA ...just wait and see
Old Feb 12, 2005, 12:04 PM
Evolving Member

I'm going... (With some eletrical tape over the VIN and covered plates.)
Old Feb 12, 2005, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

what is the address
Old Feb 12, 2005, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds good. I might go (3.5-4 hours away from Fresno). I drive an stock '03 Eclipse GTS, so I won't be showing anything off. It would be cool, though, to see the IX and the Eclipse 4G. I really like Mitsubishi and plan on staying a loyal customer. I prefer to not succumb to cynicism and conclude that Mistsu has some nefarious ulterior motive. Maybe they finally realize that the way to make money is to appeal to the loyal customer base, including the tuner crowd. If they could swell the ranks of the enthusiasts by promoting high visibility events like this, it might be a smart business move. Certainly they will do better with this approach than by trying to save a few measly $ voiding warranties, which I think is extremely shortsighted.
Old Feb 12, 2005, 12:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hyun
^ because they are trying to make a turn around
I agree, I dont think they are doing this to void warranties. If I was in cali or nearby I would probably go!
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:19 AM
Evolved Member

Actually, I think having a bunch of owners there with covered VINs and license plates would be an interesting statement. If a rep asked someone why, just mention the warranty and dealership issues. If really wants to turn things around they could start by asking why their own customers don't trust them...
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:25 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by erioshi
Actually, I think having a bunch of owners there with covered VINs and license plates would be an interesting statement. If a rep asked someone why, just mention the warranty and dealership issues. If really wants to turn things around they could start by asking why their own customers don't trust them...
Actually, that's a really good idea. If anyone is committed enough they could stand outside waiting for people to turn up giving out free tape and explaining why they should use it. It would make a hell of a statement if every car there had blacked out VIN and plates .
Old Feb 14, 2005, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RaceBiscuit
It's a trick!! They're going to log all the modified cars and void everyone's warranties!!!! hahahaha j/k sounds pretty cool. Too bad I don't live in CA.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 03:25 PM
Evolving Member

Why don't they also have M.O.D. at ALL of their R&D centers? It would give owners from the midwest & east coast areas a better option to be heard & seen too! Goin' to California would be really nice, but with having a baby due 'round that timeframe... well, no sunny Cali for me.

But if Mitsu were to have this at even one of their 2 R&D centers that are within a 90-minute from me - now that wouldn't be a problem!
Old Feb 14, 2005, 03:32 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah man I'm from northwest Indiana, no go for me. However, I think its a really good idea
Old Feb 14, 2005, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

It's a trick!! They're going to log all the modified cars and void everyone's warranties!!!!.
, I don't know why, but I believe you. I still be up there, w/ modded ralliart and a gun if mitsu want's to deny my warranty.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 04:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by erioshi
Man, If I lived closer I would be out there with the tape, cardboard, and a big ol' smile, you could put money on it. Anyone want to fly me out there? We could start a pool on how long it takes me to get arrested.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

It's a trick!! They're going to log all the modified cars and void everyone's warranties!!!! hahahaha j/k sounds pretty cool. Too bad I don't live in CA.
Id believe it too...................
Old Feb 15, 2005, 12:41 AM

Date changed MOD'05 (Mitsubishi Owners Day 2005) @ Mitsubishi HQ USA

The date has changed to April 23rd, This was done to allow for the arrival of some out of state Mitsu vehicles.

By some time next week they should have a website or e-mail banner/flyers on-line.

-Richard Silva-
SoCal Club DSM

Last edited by resilva; Feb 19, 2005 at 01:38 PM. Reason: added text
Old Feb 19, 2005, 01:28 PM

Glad to see Mark finally made this info into a sticky.

-Richard Silva-
SoCal Club DSM

Last edited by resilva; Feb 19, 2005 at 01:37 PM. Reason: mistyped