Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Robi Spec

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i would like to see what your car has set up with.your car is sweet.i saw it at sema,and would like to learn more about it.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:13 PM
Former Sponsor

I would but I can't get any support!!! Thanks for the bump Tom..
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing sweet about Robi's car is how fast it goes. I wouldn't want to pick a girlfriend up in it. (Come to think of it, my wife wouldn't want me to pick up a g-friend in it either ) Good luck Robi. Do you mind if we fire questions at you? If you are looking to make a buck, it might be counterproductive...
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:24 PM
Evolved Member

Robi's EVO is quite extreme, and he is an excellent driver (for an old guy, lol). Also, I think he has spent more than a few bucks on it. He has managed to drop 300 - 400 lbs. from stock, but that involved most of the body panels being replaced with carbon fiber and painted body color (silver). If you want a really fast track car, you probably can't go wrong following Robi's lead. If you want a car you can drive on the street (and pick up your mistress lol), forget it. Robi's treatment is not for the faint of heart.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:27 PM
Evolved Member

i'm interested.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:29 PM
Former Sponsor

I don't hide and the system is as said pretty simple. ask away!! The car sure isn't a chick magnet lol...(But it does what it does well as you know)..Working on the bling and cleaning up the "visual nastyness"...
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

I would be interested to know about the Robi car and specs. Not sure if that the route I want to go yet but I would def be interested in checking it out.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Garage HRS Cyber EVO is still fastAr! and looks good too
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:43 PM
Evolving Member

Robi's car is definitely not for the faintest of hearts.....but after hearin about it so much and actually seeing it when I was @ RRE the other day....I couldn't do anything but admire (cept the cracked magnus robi, hope you got that thing fixed =P). That car is built from the ground up with constant trial and error and comin up with a combination that is nothing short of amazing. I was going to ask for a ride but after I heard that beast start up and idle, I was scared to get within 3 feet of it (I'm not exactly the bravest evo driver). Thing is, Robi isn't satisfied and is still tryin to go faster....it's somethin not many people can honestly say they try to do achieving as much as this guy. Kudos.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 11:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Basic specs
Stock block 2 liter (but not for long) got over 6K racing it and 20K on the street and finally killed it through total driver stupidity!!!
Buschur Power all the way(a company who like me is never satisfied with what has been done and trying to get to the next level).
Stage 3 Head, AEM EMS, Stage V BR 580 (or 500 depends on the track) turbo, custom exhaust manifold for spool and space optimizations...see BIG PWR radiator below. (Ron Shearer through the BR "skunk works" network)
except for the exhaust manifold everything is STRAIGHT OFF DAVIDS SHELF including the Magnus manifold (early one mega light doesn't like the 35 psi I push sometimes, new one already redesigned and should solve these issues NO WARRANTY ISSUES magnus said box it up I'll send a new one tommorrow)..no special parts hell David sent me lots of used stuff to keep me in tire/entry fee money!
Suspension, DMS 50's +DMS camberplates Road Race "tarmack" after all the testing we have a "Robi" spring/valving setup that should please most people. (these have progressive springs and independant bump and rebound settings, better ride than stock on the street drop the bump to make 'em cushy and MEGA fast at the track...)
25mm rear bar Stock front (this might change currently testing heavier front sway and even heavier rear bar)
WhiteLine steering presision and anti-bump steer kits.
Enkei 17X9.5 +44 NTO3-M (needs spacers/wheel adaptors)
Toyo RA1's and or Trampio 888 255 through 275 depending on the conditions
GT Fabrications Wide front fender kit
NIN FRP doors
C_WEST front bumper
RRM/Carbontrix hood and headlight shields
LOTS of GREDDY gauges LMAOROF (6+A/F)
Sparco Evo 2 seats Steering Wheel, and racing harnesses
RRE MEGA Fuel pump system.
PWR BIG radiator, steering fluid,and oil coolers.
APR GT 200 wing, GP mirrors, Splitter (for the C-west nose, radiator cooling plate, cam gead cover, Carbon Fiber intake piping, and carbon fiber Cold Air Box.
Chassies lightened and stiffened (got all my own products here now)
Finish Line West 6 point weld in cage
MR roof panel
GOT LOTS of projects going this is a work in progress and there is still LOTS of weight to take off
Old Feb 14, 2005, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

im taking all sponsorship donations to get the robi spec going on(j/k)
REALLY if you are a track junkie and want to be on the crest of the competitive edge this man has done alot of the real r+d for you(not on a dyno ,but on track)and the fact that he shares his findings with all of us makes us priviledged,now wheres the robi spec driving lessons
Old Feb 15, 2005, 12:06 AM
Former Sponsor

At most Speedventures and NASA events...Glad to show you where to turn right and left..
Old Feb 15, 2005, 06:58 AM
Evolving Member

I would be interested (just out of curiousity) in suspension setups for different tracks..... if that could be disclosed that would help the community more than anything.

btw - how is that APR wing working out for you?
Old Feb 15, 2005, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Robi, yer slippin'. You left out diffs, other drivetrain, and brakes. I definitely need to take you up on the t-case/transmission treatment ideas you might have.

Last edited by Smogrunner; Feb 15, 2005 at 07:03 AM.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 07:03 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Robi,

Have you tried the ball bearing version of the BR500? Im running it now and this thing spools like a stocker! Are you running the standard hot side housing or did you convert to the t3/t4 housing?

Quick Reply: Robi Spec