Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Robi Spec

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2005, 05:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robi Spec

Just seeing if there is any interest in a "Robi Spec EVO" for all the hype the car is fairly simple to do and my sponsors like Buschur,DMS,TOYO, ENKEI,PWR,APR,AMS, et.al. are all interested in supplying the "production line" I could have multiple "stages" of completion from exact duplicate to what ever your budget or daily drivability reductions can stand.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Guess no ones interested...(hope you build a faster car than mine) See you at the track (hopefully in my rear view mirror ;-) )
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

No one wants YOUR exact car Robi...as much as I idolize it...I want MY OWN car ...but I would be interested in seeing all that anyway, but you can show me the 19th and 20th at SM...if you're still going...ok, maybe not no one...but you get the idea...I've never liked the package things anyway
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

That would rock! But, who would do the installs?
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by robi
Guess no ones interested...(hope you build a faster car than mine) See you at the track (hopefully in my rear view mirror ;-) )
Ohh i cant wait very very soon we will meet! Dont get me wrong you got a great car but dont count your chickens yet!

Chris
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
No one wants YOUR exact car Robi...as much as I idolize it...I want MY OWN car ...but I would be interested in seeing all that anyway, but you can show me the 19th and 20th at SM...if you're still going...ok, maybe not no one...but you get the idea...I've never liked the package things anyway
yeah i have to agree, i think everyone wants to build theirs there own way so they not copying anyone elses
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

heh cocky attitude wont bring you much business
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

I like to do ALL the research on my own and (even if it's not true) KNOW that I am buying the best...or the best for my money...but I still can't wait to see Robi's car
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Robi has a lovely interior...
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I want the Robi spec car, especially the carbon fiber doors that will blow off the car if left open in a strong wind.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by skiracer
That would rock! But, who would do the installs?
Anyone you want, but since I did alot of the mod's installs myself (with help as needed cThanks to RRE and the "boys") and would want to set-up the suspension etc, to match my car exactly...I would like to be involved in each project (if only for the consulting)...I'm currently building 3, 6 point EVO roll cages in the high desert at a friends Offroad pre-runner fab shop... I have learned what the best $/speed choices are for a roadracer and have some new products to make the car even faster (currently making a full ABS replacement dash with gauge pods where you need them and all the FAT {from the car not my *SS!} removed 5- 6 lbs for the entire dash system)....Mild to Full Race you choose you will get my opinions but these are based on years of racing and the last 18 months beating/breaking and fixing the EVO so it's faster more reliable and ALOT safer) . I need this dash for the full lightened race cars I see in the near future!!! So I'm trying to stay ahead of the curve...
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
Ohh i cant wait very very soon we will meet! Dont get me wrong you got a great car but dont count your chickens yet!

Chris
680 whp will not get you past Robi. He has many years experience as a track driver and his detailed suspension setup are what make his times possible. By the way the GT35R is useless on many of the more technical tracks, ask Robi and Mueller they have both attempted it.
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:50 PM
Former Sponsor

SORRY!!! Don't meen to express a "tude",(must have posted at first when no one was looking ;-)...) As for looks the car was on the fast track for light weight and improved suspension. very little time was spent keeping the car pretty. (just ask ANYONE who has seen it up close). I have fun doing this and enjoy sharing with all the new/nice/neet people I meet at the trackdays (damn that "neet" dates me eh?). Like I said I was just asking if there would be interest. If there is and you want a fast TESTED turnkey trackday racer "system", you do the work yourself, or pay more, but receive the lessons learned from those who have already gone throught the pain. (and only pay once not for a bunch of testing to find what works best.)
Old Feb 14, 2005, 09:52 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by gofaster87
680 whp will not get you past Robi. He has many years experience as a track driver and his detailed suspension setup are what make his times possible. By the way the GT35R is useless on many of the more technical tracks, ask Robi and Mueller they have both attempted it.
AMEN! on the gt35 and Streets of Willow!!! Mueller told me to FIRE the GT35 after testing and we did.. IT is FASTER on tracks with BIG LONG STRAIGHTS...and I'm working on the weaknesses we found in testing STAY TUNED...
Old Feb 14, 2005, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Will you be carrying Omori gauges?

Quick Reply: Robi Spec