Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

has this happened to any evo drivers?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2005, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the key can be re-cut from your existing engine key. if you lose both you are S.O.L. because the key sequence is not linked to the VIN. as far as reprogramming for the engine immobilizer...i've heard from my dealers (i dont know if that makes it accurate info or the opposite) that you'd need to contact MMUSA directly if you need to program another key and dont have both originals. the dealer claimed that even they didnt have the procedure for resetting the immobilizer codes without 2 original keys.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 07:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by mrbkkt1
besides, if they decide to steal my car?, let them. this is the first car i haven't put an alarm in yet. i didn't even upgrade the stereo- i must be getting old. My new theory is if they want to steal my car, let them. i can always use the insurance money to upgrade to a newer, better ride. BUT, don't just break into my car to steal stuff, take the whole damn car so i can get a new one!
Don't think it's that easy. You won't get your full amount back from the insurance, just how much it's worth then.