Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2nd Allocations are in!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2003, 03:29 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd assume since we're so close, yea, it'd be really close to that. I am under the understanding that they will not leave the port of origin until 2/10.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:30 PM

I have deposits with two dealers in SE Michigan, and my name down with one in Chicago who hasn't taken deposits yet; have not heard from a single one regarding their allocation. Any advice? I am starting to worry
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:35 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

You're either not talking to the right people, or those dealerships are so small they're not getting any the first or second rounds.

Or they're clueless.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

I am confused on this second and first rounds. Why is thier a 2nd allocation when the first ones havn't been put out..
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:39 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Because the first one is already on the boat or here. The 2nd one is getting packed up and getting ready to leave and they need to know where it's going.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:43 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by guillermo
I have deposits with two dealers in SE Michigan, and my name down with one in Chicago who hasn't taken deposits yet; have not heard from a single one regarding their allocation. Any advice? I am starting to worry
Funny, I live in SE Michigan. I can tell you Yark Mitsubishi sucks "located in Toledo OH" Very low class people who tries to cheat money off you. "For example "all new car require a paint protection coating (500bucks extra).

Oh yeah, ask to talk to their manager for allocations. They should have thier 2nd allocations already. I'll be worried if they are so small that they are not getting any evo's to their dealership.

Once they let you know on what color is available your safe.

Last edited by gtr; Jan 13, 2003 at 05:46 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Obsoleteasian
I am confused on this second and first rounds. Why is thier a 2nd allocation when the first ones havn't been put out..
1st allocation consisted of cars shipping in February. 2nd allocation will have March ship dates.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

how longdoes a frieght take totravelfrom japanto cali. i am guessing that is where they are taking them f irst. because of the closest land spot?... just curious
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:58 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Obsoleteasian
how longdoes a frieght take totravelfrom japanto cali. i am guessing that is where they are taking them f irst. because of the closest land spot?... just curious
I'm guessing similar as from china. Usually 5 weeks of water then custom clearence then truck. So 1.5 months would be a good estimate.

MarkF, i hope your right so we can have our cars soon!

The more time gives me the more i'll be thinking about depositing for a sti.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by gtr

I'm guessing similar as from china. Usually 5 weeks of water then custom clearence then truck. So 1.5 months would be a good estimate.

MarkF, i hope your right so we can have our cars soon!

The more time gives me the more i'll be thinking about depositing for a sti.
I am right. I already know the ship dates for every car in my region (Ohio to Kansas to North Dakota and everything in between) for the first allocation. Any orders placed from today (we order our cars every Monday) goes into March fulfillment.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

im supposed to be getting the very first one in, they have my order in (look at my sig). however, they said there are others in line and they will be only getting 3 before summer, and the 1st one(mine) will be in the first shipment, and they wont get the rest until the second shipment. is this wat you all ar talking about.. im confused
Old Jan 13, 2003, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

Mark F when you say "shipping in Feb.", does that mean shipping from the U.S. docks to the dealerships, or does that mean shipping from Japan? I'm guessing that means from U.S. docks, but let me know if i am assuming wrong.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 01:51 AM
Evolved Member

Re: Re: Re: 2nd Allocations are in!

Originally posted by Mark F
Unlax. In spite of all the rumors and the "so-and-so told me this", NOBODY is going to be taking delivery of any Evo's for at least another 30 days. 1st allocation cars won't even start shipping until the 2nd week of February.

I was told 5-7 days out from Feb. 10.
As a side note, my birthday is Feb. 23. Happy birthday me!
Old Jan 14, 2003, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

I was told to check back in 5-7 days for 2nd allotment information, in response to the initial post.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 07:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by SouthernCrane
Mark F when you say "shipping in Feb.", does that mean shipping from the U.S. docks to the dealerships, or does that mean shipping from Japan? I'm guessing that means from U.S. docks, but let me know if i am assuming wrong.
The "ship date" is the day the cars leave the port (which can be either a seaport or the Normal, Ill plant depending on the car) for shipment to dealers.