Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Thinking of selling the evo to get the mr2

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2005, 06:38 AM
jfh
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cityhugo
it will be better, think about it a mid engine 1200lb VS AWD 3200lb car
MR2 weighs in at 2195 lbs. Still much lighter than an Evo though. Should be able to acheive Evo like performance with 100 less HP.

Vishnu developed a prototype turbo kit for the Celica motor in preparation for the release of the Lotus Elise. That would be the way to get the power to weight ratio to make this a very competitive and fun ride.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jfh
MR2 weighs in at 2195 lbs. Still much lighter than an Evo though. Should be able to acheive Evo like performance with 100 less HP.

Vishnu developed a prototype turbo kit for the Celica motor in preparation for the release of the Lotus Elise. That would be the way to get the power to weight ratio to make this a very competitive and fun ride.
sorry typo, i mean 2100, not 1200
Old Feb 15, 2005, 06:41 AM
Evolving Member

Buy the American MR-2.... The Pontiac Fiero GT!!! Low center of gravity, Mid Engined, Rear wheel drive, Plastic Body panels, and shaped like a wedge. I had great fun driving mine, but in the end the Hydrolic Clutch was a pain due to the slave cylinder sticking. I could throw that car into corners faster than any other car I have driven to this day. You can probably find a used Fiero GT V6 for around $1,000 to $2,000 in great condition. Too bad they stopped making this car in 1988!
L8R, Jay
Old Feb 15, 2005, 06:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
Just get a lotus Elise...you wont be diasppointed!
that is what i am trying to do, build a cheap elise
Old Feb 15, 2005, 06:46 AM
Evolving Member

can someone explain to me hydrolic clutch being not relibile, what’s the different? I think if I swap to a 2zz, I will have to change the tranny also, no? will I still have the hydrolic clutch?
Old Feb 15, 2005, 07:03 AM
Evolving Member

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Hydrolic Clutch works like the calipers on your brakes. You push in on the pedel and that forces fluid out of a master cylinder that pushes the pins against the pressure plate to disengage the driveline from the transmission to make it possible for you to switch gears. When I pushed on the clutch in my Fiero, it felt squishy, and I could never tell exactly where the friction point was. The Hydrolic Clutch opperate off the vacume of the engine, just like the brake system. As your engine's Rpms change, your friction point changes too... Real annoying at least for me. I would much rather have a direct connection through a cable and rocker arm pushing on the pressure plate than hydrolics... But that is me, you may like hydrolics... Just make sure your resivore is always full of fluid!!!

L8R, Jay