Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Cold air intake

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cold air intake

Can I have a good suggustion for a good cold air intake that doesn't void my warranty( like ones that include intercooler piping(not interested) ) Any suggustions will be most appreciated, and pictures and videos and installations will be even more appreciated.

Very Respectfully,
Adam
Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
no such animal (all unauthorized modifications affecting the engine/drivetrain will void your warranty). And the stock box is plenty good. Best of all, you don't have to clean the filter out every couple of thousand miles...
Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:19 AM
Evolved Member

CAI's reduce throttle response significantly but if you insist. APS makes one but you will need to relocate the intercooler bottle and Ultimate racing sells one also or you can make your own at a muffler shop for roughly 20 bucks
Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Aikido
Can I have a good suggustion for a good cold air intake that doesn't void my warranty( like ones that include intercooler piping(not interested) ) Any suggustions will be most appreciated, and pictures and videos and installations will be even more appreciated.

Very Respectfully,
Adam
I recomed you APS is the best after market replacement., it fits like it came from the factory. if you want call geo at "evostre.com" (407)277-8423, there's pic avalible
Old Feb 15, 2005, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

I have the APS....It kicks ***.
Old Feb 15, 2005, 03:56 PM
Silver Sponsor

The APS is a very good piece. If you want to keep your water spray on your intercooler you will need to purchase thier bottle. But it is still a very cheap set up. It puts the filter element right into the path of air coming in the duct on the driver side. A very good design and APS has always been known for thier top quality stuff. We offer them for 195 Shipped and the water tank for 145 Shipped If you are interested we have them on the way to us right now. They should be here in 2 weeks.

Ben
Old Feb 15, 2005, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

well the thing is ben i have a 05 model so i don't have a watersprayer, but thx anyways i have a friend selling me his injen intake for a 100 dollars ( he sold his evo for a jeep now that his family has expanded)
Old Feb 16, 2005, 09:58 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by Aikido
well the thing is ben i have a 05 model so i don't have a watersprayer, but thx anyways i have a friend selling me his injen intake for a 100 dollars ( he sold his evo for a jeep now that his family has expanded)