Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dealer has change his mind?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2003, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Thwack
they could technically adhere to the contract by holding on to your money until they start selling evo 7's in the US. Contracts can work against you as well as for you if theyre not explicit and exact.
besides, correct me if i misunderstood, but you wanted to buy an evo at 30k simply to turn around and sell it for 35k?
I dont think thats too great of an idea... 1st of all, depending on the options layout, the msrp of the evo could be below 30k. 2nd, with the announcement of the sti, I dont see you finding too many buyers willing to pay 35k for a used (no matter how little) evo, when they could pay the same for an sti, or 5k less for an evo at a dealer.
my apologies if i misunderstood, b/c putting down a deposit in 2001 is pretty hardcore.. I'd hope it was b/c you're an enthusiast, and not looking to try to gouge someone.
It's Ok and yes ,You misunderstood me.I meant that I did not wait 6 years just to buy a car and sell it.That just does not make sense to me and that is what I told them specialy that I made my deposit almost 2 years ago...
Old Jan 13, 2003, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

I honestly think they have a legal loophole in that the contract states Evolution 7 when that's clearly not what you will be buying. That definitely sucks, but you'll probably be wasting time and money on a lawyer. Just out of curiousity, how much below MSRP did they agree to, anyway?
Old Jan 14, 2003, 01:27 AM
KK
EvoM Administrator

That sucks to hear after all this time. Fact is, even if you could win, you'd have to spend the time and effort in a court of law, lawyer fees, time off work, etc.

Why not just look up another local dealer, tell them what just happened and that you want an Evo, but the Sti is coming and WILL sell for MSRP at dealer XXX (find this out) and that you'd rather purchase the Evo from this new dealer for MSRP and will place a deposit, but you require a VIN before signing a contract.

I had a similar situation happen to me with my Type-R at Rosenthal Acura in MD. Our family had bought tons of cars from them in the past and they wanted $3000 over MSRP for the car and they said they didn't care if I went somewhere else, so I did just that and got a Type-R two days later for MSRP and it arrived 1 day later vs 2 months... just do some research on dealers and see what's available.

Mark
Old Jan 14, 2003, 06:27 AM
Evolving Member

Take your business elsewhere!
Old Jan 14, 2003, 06:55 AM
Evolving Member

Fighting is good ONLY if you have time and money, I agree with KK.

Either you K.O. the salesman in a back alley or you file a complaint with Mitsubishi Corporate with the contract. The thing that sucks about Mitsubishi is that the dealerships are like a franchise. They are independantly owned and operated as a "Mitsubishi Dealer****" I mean ship...

One complaint won't go anywhere but if they did that to you they will probably do the same to others, especially if they are trying to rob people because it's a "new" car. I have no problems with anyone making money, but lying and dropping a contract is bad business....

Wait six months and go to another dealer. Best suggestion in the world...... The back alley suggestion may make you feel good for a minute but may get you a rap sheet for it.... A car isn't worth that....

Old Jan 14, 2003, 07:15 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much do they want to sell it to you for? Are they marking it up like $100 or like couple thousand?
Old Jan 14, 2003, 09:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by gtr
How much do they want to sell it to you for? Are they marking it up like $100 or like couple thousand?
I would say at least 2 or 3 grands.That is what I was told,but I just realized when they signed up this contract with me in 2001 ,they puted down that MSRP is at $29999
Old Jan 14, 2003, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Your contract is worthless towards the Evo8. Give it up.

My opinion on what to do now:

If they'll sell you the car at MSRP, buy the car.

Virtually no one is going to get this car (especially the first round of allocations) for below MSRP.

If they won't sell it for MSRP, there are a lot of dealers right here in the midwest with free allocations guaranteed at MSRP.

For example, my local dealer has at least one first allocation car available, and guarantees MSRP. If you (or anyone) want to get that car, send me an email or a PM. I'd be happy to facilitate the purchase for a fellow enthusiast.

Last edited by jedinite; Jan 14, 2003 at 10:06 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 10:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by jedinite
If they'll sell to you at MSRP, buy the car.

Virtually no one is going to get this car (especially the first round of allocations) for below MSRP.

If they won't sell it for MSRP, there are a lot of dealers right here in the midwest with free allocations guaranteed at MSRP.

For example, my local dealer has at least one first allocation car available, and guarantees MSRP. If you (or anyone) want to get that car, send me an email or a PM. I'd be happy to facilitate the purchase for a fellow enthusiast.
I am sorry ,but maybe You misunderstood.They offered me at MSRP almost 2 years ago and now they won't.Like I said that time their MSRP was at at $29999 and right now I can hear rumors about $28900
Old Jan 14, 2003, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

No one knows what the final MSRP is going to be yet.

The dollar figure doesn't matter right now.

If the dealer will agree to sell you at MSRP (whatever MSRP turns out to be) then buy the car. That's the best you can do.

If not, then call another dealer... you can get an allocation at MSRP from my local dealer, all you'll have to do is buy a $100 one-way plane ticket and then drive it home.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by yannotmi
Fighting is good ONLY if you have time and money, I agree with KK.

Either you K.O. the salesman in a back alley or you file a complaint with Mitsubishi Corporate with the contract. The thing that sucks about Mitsubishi is that the dealerships are like a franchise. They are independantly owned and operated as a "Mitsubishi Dealer****" I mean ship...

One complaint won't go anywhere but if they did that to you they will probably do the same to others, especially if they are trying to rob people because it's a "new" car. I have no problems with anyone making money, but lying and dropping a contract is bad business....

Wait six months and go to another dealer. Best suggestion in the world...... The back alley suggestion may make you feel good for a minute but may get you a rap sheet for it.... A car isn't worth that....

All Mitsubishi dealerships are privately owned and operated franchises, just like every other brand (with the exception of a small number of Ford stores which are factory owned and operated). By law auto manufacturers can not dictate to dealers what they can sell the car for. If they could, you'd all be paying MSRP for everything.

The "contract" being referred to here is probably just a worksheet, not a purchase agreement. It's an offer to purchase the vehicle. Customers sign these things all the time then back out. Does this mean I get to sue them?
Old Jan 14, 2003, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

I am leaving to shop around and I will let You guys know what happend.BTW,does anybody know if CARMAX is geting any EVO's?
Old Jan 14, 2003, 10:16 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Mark F

All Mitsubishi dealerships are privately owned and operated franchises, just like every other brand (with the exception of a small number of Ford stores which are factory owned and operated). By law auto manufacturers can not dictate to dealers what they can sell the car for. If they could, you'd all be paying MSRP for everything.

The "contract" being referred to here is probably just a worksheet, not a purchase agreement. It's an offer to purchase the vehicle. Customers sign these things all the time then back out. Does this mean I get to sue them?
Believe me ,that a have something called MOTOR VEHICLE PURCHASE CONTRACT and it looks exactly the same as the other ones I got from my past car purchases.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by vittorio

Believe me ,that a have something called MOTOR VEHICLE PURCHASE CONTRACT and it looks exactly the same as the other ones I got from my past car purchases.
I believe you. But again, I could use a "Motor Vehicle Purchase Contract" that our dealership uses, but unless it is signed off on by our dealer principal or general manager, and unless it specifially denotes the vehicle being sold (model year, VIN, color, miles, and price) it is worthless.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by GPTourer

I believe you. But again, I could use a "Motor Vehicle Purchase Contract" that our dealership uses, but unless it is signed off on by our dealer principal or general manager, and unless it specifially denotes the vehicle being sold (model year, VIN, color, miles, and price) it is worthless.
Yes,I realized just last night and I'm thankful for all the help You guys offered ,but please understand me that I'm just looking solution for this situation ,'cause if I would know that something like that could happend I wouldn't spent last 2 years on waiting andI could just shop around.That was kind of stupidity that I made "a deal"(if we can call it a deal) only with one dealer****...

Quick Reply: Dealer has change his mind?