Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dealer has change his mind?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2003, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Dealer has changed his mind?

I dont know if I somebody,but I just came back from "my" dealer where I made deposit on 11/19/2001 (yes 2001).I had all paper work done(full contract and refundable deposit slip) that time and my price for my Evo was below MSRP.I made deposit and everything and I waited.I gave them a call every 3 months to make sure that everything stays the same and was fine 'till today.Besides all the BS he gave me ,he said he can't sell me for this price ,because in 2001 nobody knew what was the msrp price.I said that :"this is not my problem and You guys souldn't sign up anything if You weren't sure".He goes that for this deposit he can let me drive it first ,but nothing else and we can work price up,but it definitly won't be the one on my contract which was $30k.What kind of BS is that .He also said that he is not sure what kind of idiot did all this paper work ,but he told me on the contract they puted down that I want EVO 7 .I told him that in 2001 nobody knew anything about EVO 8 even ,so they wrote down seven instead of eight.Finally he goes that when the car gets here either I will change this contract and I sign up at different(read:higher) price or he will sell it to somebody else with no problem,because I can buy this car for $30k and sell it for $35.It does not make any sense,regadless,would I wait almost 6 fu........ years just to buy my evo and sell it right away.Please help me guys!!!!! Should I talk to a lawyer about this or else??
Old Jan 13, 2003, 03:59 PM
Evolved Member

go to a lawyer..if you got signed stuff from mitsu..I'd say go thru with it...get Mitsu Corporate involved....photo copy the signed agreement and send them a copy along with the story...chances are Mitsu won't want the bad publicity and will just sell you the evo at what you signed for...after all 30k isnt that big of a deal...not like they are loosing tons of $ on it
Old Jan 13, 2003, 04:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by uranium9v
go to a lawyer..if you got signed stuff from mitsu..I'd say go thru with it...get Mitsu Corporate involved....photo copy the signed agreement and send them a copy along with the story...chances are Mitsu won't want the bad publicity and will just sell you the evo at what you signed for...after all 30k isnt that big of a deal...not like they are loosing tons of $ on it

Thanks a lot Uranium9v for cheerin' me up,but what do You exactly mean:" Mitsu Corporate"?
Old Jan 13, 2003, 04:21 PM
Evolved Member

Yea...go talk to a lawyer...
You do have a legal document.
Good Luck!!
Old Jan 13, 2003, 04:21 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Did you have the manager's signature?

It'll be hard to fight without one. We had a thread a long while back concerning with orders. Good to be vague. Mine for example said first "evolution" with both signiture from the manager and purchaser.

Call the corporate office and let us know what happends.

Word of advice. If you get screwed place an order for a sti and do it right if you haven't with your evo order? There are still good opening at MSRP as we speek. Just go to the subau website and call 10 closes dealerships. One will have a good opening and price.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 04:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by gtr
Did you have the manager's signature?

It'll be hard to fight without one. We had a thread a long while back concerning with orders. Good to be vague. Mine for example said first "evolution" with both signiture from the manager and purchaser.

Call the corporate office and let us know what happends.

Word of advice. If you get screwed place an order for a sti and do it right if you haven't with your evo order? There are still good opening at MSRP as we speek. Just go to the subau website and call 10 closes dealerships. One will have a good opening and price.
I'm not sure if that was manager's signature,but that what it says on the very bottom: ACCEPTED BY DEALER OR AUTHORIZED AGENT and signnature of whoever it was.I don't think regular salseman can authorize paper like that and definitly I dont want to get screwed ,but thanx tho'
Old Jan 13, 2003, 04:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
No offense dude, but if you ain't got a valid VIN on your contract,
then you don't have dick.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:13 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by GPTourer
Yes and that is what we call "pre-orders".You can always say the same thing to the rest of future evo owners.Wonder what they have to say and why they made deposits....Peace
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:19 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You are basically writting a contract with that dealer. That's why you need someone like the manager to authorize or responsible for that dealership's action. Therefore the manager's signature is required. Especially with money involved you should be able to fight it in court.

Just like debating price. THe sales guy alway have to go to the manager for the approvel in price.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by GPTourer
plus if You would look at my contract ,I dont think You would find anything saying anything about VIN#.By the way ,this is MOTOR VEVICLE PURCHASE AND ORDER CONTRACT and You do'nt need a VIN# unless You get that from HQ
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by gtr
You are basically writting a contract with that dealer. That's why you need someone like the manager to authorize or responsible for that dealership's action. Therefore the manager's signature is required. Especially with money involved you should be able to fight it in court.

Just like debating price. THe sales guy alway have to go to the manager for the approvel in price.
You are right all the way,cause like they already don't make enough money riiiiiiight.I just don't understand what's the point telling me that my price is too low after a year and the half...
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:29 PM

Actually its called just evolution, so atleast you said evo on the contract
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:43 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by 88888888
Actually its called just evolution, so atleast you said evo on the contract
Oh,come on....It says LANCER EVOLUTION 7 on my contract not 8 ,but it was almost 2 years ago ,so nobody even knew even about LANCER EVOLUTION 8!!!!!
Old Jan 13, 2003, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by vittorio

plus if You would look at my contract ,I dont think You would find anything saying anything about VIN#.By the way ,this is MOTOR VEVICLE PURCHASE AND ORDER CONTRACT and You do'nt need a VIN# unless You get that from HQ
Again, I could write anything I want on a piece of paper that says "vehicle Purchase and order contract." A bill of sale can be written on a napkin. But it most specifically state the vehicle that is being sold, thus there has to be a VIN. Without it, there is no breach of contract. If they are screwing you even though you both agreed on a price on an EVO VII, they can easily say they aren't offering EVO 7's for sale. IF I were you I would take my business elsewhere.
Old Jan 13, 2003, 06:01 PM
Evolving Member

they could technically adhere to the contract by holding on to your money until they start selling evo 7's in the US. Contracts can work against you as well as for you if theyre not explicit and exact.
besides, correct me if i misunderstood, but you wanted to buy an evo at 30k simply to turn around and sell it for 35k?
I dont think thats too great of an idea... 1st of all, depending on the options layout, the msrp of the evo could be below 30k. 2nd, with the announcement of the sti, I dont see you finding too many buyers willing to pay 35k for a used (no matter how little) evo, when they could pay the same for an sti, or 5k less for an evo at a dealer.
my apologies if i misunderstood, b/c putting down a deposit in 2001 is pretty hardcore.. I'd hope it was b/c you're an enthusiast, and not looking to try to gouge someone.

Quick Reply: Dealer has change his mind?