Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Ecutek evoflash release this weekend

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2005, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
are any modifications needed for this, like a wideband o2 sensor, and which one would be less detectable by the dealership dynoflash or ecutek, sorry for the n00b question
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

ecutek actually sent me screenshots of the maps and all... looks pretty cool... and al said that ecutek has more potential which is good...
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:27 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by wtz
Does the Ecutek use MAF or MAP in the Evo?
MAF just as any other reflash
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:28 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evo8silver
ecutek actually sent me screenshots of the maps and all... looks pretty cool... and al said that ecutek has more potential which is good...
The screen shots do look amazing - the boost control alone makes it worth while
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:29 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by thatsMR2u
are any modifications needed for this, like a wideband o2 sensor, and which one would be less detectable by the dealership dynoflash or ecutek, sorry for the n00b question
No its undectedable on 03 and 04 evos. 05 evos they can see the sum code change from ANy flas in OBD II.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

so al when do u think u will get it?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:45 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by evo8silver
so al when do u think u will get it?
I think within a week. Then I will do a week or so of self training and practice before I start.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:52 PM
Evolving Member

okay cool so like two weeks... well cus i wanted to install my cams and gears already but i still have a stock ecu and no piggyback or anything oh well sounds good! thanks!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 10:00 AM
Account Disabled

I have confirmed that I will have it in hand by the end of next week

Keep in mind this will be a custom tuned product ONLY for at least two months

I have great news about tha capabilities of this flashing platform - basically it renders boost controllers totaly unneeded. Using this flash you will be able to run your car with the stock boost solinoid and hoses and I can dial in any boost you want and also have complete control over the boost function as with a electronic boost controller.

Also - the so called bang bang function on the evo VII which is kind of an anti lag between shifts will be open for addition to the us cars with some hardwear additions.

Finally, there are several other great features which will be comming out - more news on Monday
Old Feb 18, 2005, 10:45 AM
Evolved Member

Sounds to be a very promising product, definitely will be the product of choice for individuals looking to limit their modifcations to what is truly undetectable.

Also, having seen the 3D boost mapping, and the overall interface of ECUTEK's windows based software this should most definitely be the premium choice for the end user with mild levels of modifcation.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
just wondering how many people have gotten the ecutek flash. is it worth it over a custom dynoflash i searched and it seems like not a lot of people tried it
Old Apr 19, 2005, 04:15 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by zbomb
just wondering how many people have gotten the ecutek flash. is it worth it over a custom dynoflash i searched and it seems like not a lot of people tried it
Its a great flash - at this point there are limited advantages but they are going to be releasing many more enhanced features shortly. Its a great platform and without a doubt worh every penny

I made 318 whp and 328 tq on a SCCA T2 race car which had a 100% stock engine and power train with the ecutek - its a amazing unit
Old Apr 19, 2005, 04:18 PM

I have it on my car and I love it. It seemed to be pretty easy for Doug to tune and came in with great results.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

The big difference between the the ECUTek and the Techtom is the interface. The ECUTek comes with a very nifty interface so that the tuner can easily modify parameters with a nice GUI that loads in Windows. On the other hand, the Techtom kit is just hex numbers (0-9, A-F) that runs on DOS. Not pretty and not for the faint of heart. But in the end, both kits are using the factory ECU and can only tweak maps (boost, fuel, timing etc.) within the stock ECU that the companies have figured out.

Out the door, the ECUTek is better in the sense that it has more maps figured out than Techtom. But, what makes the Techtom kit so good is it's flexibility - the tuner has the chance through trial and error to figure out various maps by changing hex numbers around and, through trial and error, figure out what numbers do what. That is - if they have the technical know how. The ECUTek, as far as I can tell, is locked down and the tuner has to wait for updates from ECUTek as they come out.
Old Apr 19, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This may be a dumb question but I heard that ecutek was releasing a program that lets the user actually tune the car, sort of like a standalone does but using stock hardware..I would think that there would not be as much profit involved compared to selling theese to tuners and collecting royalty on every flash and so on so it does not make sense..Can anyone shed some light on this??

Quick Reply: Ecutek evoflash release this weekend