Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

just installed the injen intake with upper IC pipe.....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 06:15 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just installed the injen intake with upper IC pipe.....

all i can say is, what an awesome product!!! the parts fit PERFECTLY and the thing makes a huge diffrence in driving! though with my greddy type s, its pretty loud, lol... anywayz, the only hard part really was putting on the lower part of the upper ic piping, 1. because im a hardass and didnt feel like lifting the car or taking the bumper off, and 2. because of the skid plate. but after an hour of fitting with the stock bolts on the hoses, and trying to shove everything in an extreamly tight spot and secure everything, the intercooler piping was complete... the intake took almost exactly 5 mins to put togather and put on .... went to start the car up, let it warm up, hit 6 grand in idle, heard a loud *** WHOOOOOSH, and then it died... forgot to tighten the throttle body clamp down enough and it blew off! lol... so i fixed it, tightend that sum ***** real hard, and took it for a spin

what a diffrence!! i would like to thank injen for making such an awesome product, and also making sure to include dummy proof instructions and WONDERFUL FITTING PARTS!!!!! thanks a lot injen!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 16, 2005, 06:18 PM
Evolved Member

youd feel a bigger difference if you had changed the lower I/c pipe too
thats where the gains really are

but its so nice getting rid of the flex hosing
Old Feb 16, 2005, 06:33 PM
Account Disabled

MUCH bigger, get a Lower pipe.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

gotta get the Injen FMIC for the Injen lower....someday ima gonna have me that intake and fmic...nice pick, and review