Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsubishi Evolution All-Weather Mats

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Mitsubishi Evolution All-Weather Mats

The standard floor mats look good but just don't cut it. They don't last long due to wear and tear. I have kids and wanna try to keep the floor as clean as possible.

Does anyone know where to purchase a good set of all-weather mats for the EVO? Pics?
Old Feb 16, 2005, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Japanparts.com has some thick all weather ones try looking their if you want OEM or should I say JDM. Or just go to any place and buy some Lancer floor matts
Old Feb 16, 2005, 07:45 PM
Evolved Member

Yea my matt are all fucted up, thanks for the link
Old Feb 16, 2005, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Nevermind, Im just going to buy a new set from www.mitsubishiparts.com

too expensive at the jp site
Old Feb 16, 2005, 07:57 PM

My brother has a Jetta GLi and he got some "R" mats from VW that are all-weather but they bolt down to the floor, are there any for the Evo like that?
Old Feb 16, 2005, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats wrong with spending 15 bucks at autozone and getting some plastic ones? They last long and wash easy. You can get them in black and they look fine IMO. Forget the JDM type R whatever mats.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

I have the WeatherTech mats in my Evo. I got the carpeted ones rather than the rubber ones, but they do the job. They are not a custom fit, which irritated me a bit considering the description on the website which led me to believe that they were pre-fitted for a Lancer. They are just the universal fit tyoe, so some cutting is necessary. Nothing too intense, and the rubber all-weather ones generally get good reviews. They are also pricey, but should last the life of the car.
Old Feb 16, 2005, 08:56 PM

How is it that some of the companies that sponsor the forum have speciality parts manufactured for the EVO but do not sell custom fit all-weather mats for the EVO? Look at the other automakers that have custom fit speciality (meaning the logo and the vehicle name) all-weather mats.

The EVO is one of the great JDM autos that should be cared for inside and not just the outside. Everybody wants there EVO to look good under the hood and on the outside but want about the interior. Look at all the custom fit EVO body kits but not a simple custom fit all-weather mat.

I hope the sponsors are looking at this thread because this is a good idea, $60 - $90 dollars for a custom fit all-weather mat can be serious money with all the EVO owners out there.

Remember the old saying "You get what you pay for but was it really worth it."
My EVO is, is yours?
Old Feb 16, 2005, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Mr, if you ever find custom all weather mats with logos and embroidery and all that for an evo for 60-90 bucks...i might be down for it...PM me if you do. When you said custom and everything else, i immediately thought minimum 150+ dollar range...considering Lee's weathertechs cost over 100 for generic carpet....

But even generic pep boys rubber mats will run you 30-40 for a set.

But like you said, well under 100 for customs, id be down for that
Old Feb 16, 2005, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

lol i got my mat for like $4 a whole set... front and back...
really cheapy ones... u can buy a ton of them and change it anytime you think it's time to go
Old Feb 16, 2005, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

^^ 4 bucks??? What are they, pieces of foam rubber??? seriously though, that's cheap. where'd you get them?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Costco all-weather rubber mats. $20, you cut to fit, thick rubber, catches all the snow/mud/dirt I've brought in the car, great stuff!
Old Feb 17, 2005, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

How about factory Evo all weathers for $67.46?
Old Feb 17, 2005, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

I use Target brand for 14.95, and cut to fit. Works perfectly, but no logo for my left foot to cover up anyway ...
Old Feb 17, 2005, 07:42 AM

Car mats

I have kids also. Just to your local hardware store and buy 3-4 feet of clear plastic. They have them on rollers and you just buy how much you need.Real in exspensive.Then just trace around your car mats for a perfect fit.I put mine right over the originals in the front and back. I first did this with my Montero Sport.This will keep the mats looking brand new and you can still see the Evolution logo underneath.

Quick Reply: Mitsubishi Evolution All-Weather Mats