Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

US evolution arrival date~!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2003, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Fireball
Per the inbound sheet at where mine is coming from, it says ship date of 2/10. I highly doubt any other dealerships are going to see them much before then.
I know the ship dates for every Evo in 11 states and none of them is earlier than 2/10/03.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

According to the Mitsu dealership in Lincoln, NE two evo's are arriving the first week of February. But dealer's are usually clueless...
Old Jan 14, 2003, 11:34 AM

Originally posted by Thwack
I've had my deposit in since june.. I was #6 on list.. 1st allocations is 5 cars, 1 of each color i believe, 2 w/ sunroofs, all with big wing. luckily, some people ahead of me must have passed them up, b/c i got my color choice. I spoke to paul a bit last week when he called me by mistake, and they still didn't know much besides the allocations. I had to tell him what the official base msrp was. other from their lack of concrete knlowledge, they've been pretty straight up w/ me, no bull****ing, no making **** up when they dont know. They have the highest customer rating in the dc metro area, I dont think they'll try to screw you.
btw who, told you they were expected last week of jan? paul's been saying mid feb for the last couple of months.

HEY~!!! just got home after getting Paul's signature and the salesperson's signature on my friggin deposit receipt. Paul's asian~!!!! thats so cool...hahaha...i'm asian and my name is also paul...ok enough of that....hahahha

well anyways i spoke with PAUL personally myself(man, he looks/dresses like a millionare). He really got my hopes down because when i made my deposit(January 3rd) the salesperson told me that they will get 15 evos on their first wave and i was #12. well thats not the case anymore, Paul told me that they will get 5 in Feb and like 8 in march and so on and so forth.....all this time i thought that i will finally have my evo later this month....that just ruined my day.

anyways, after speaking with Paul, I spoke with the guy that handles all the orders and stuff...blah blah blah....bottom line: he told me that if demands are high enough (as if they're not already) then USA will get replenished with 5000 more units for the year of 2003.

Then i asked the silliest question of all:
"What will Mitsubishi do to counter the arrival of Subaru's STI?"
LOL~!!! you shouldve seen his facial expression. He looked like he just saw a ghost for a split second and just shook his head and said "i dunno..." hahahahhaha~!!!

i asked him about ralliart comin to the states, and he also had no clue about that...his response to that was "you should know, it sounds like you know more about this whole lancer evolution thing more than i do~!!" he had NO IDEA what Ralliart was...hahaha~!!
Old Jan 14, 2003, 11:50 AM
Evolving Member

thats the impression I get.. they dont know as much as us lancerforum freaks.. but they dont pretend to know and feed us bull****.. they admit they dont know.. we should probably direct them onto here...

and yeah, paul does look pretty distinguished.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 11:54 AM

Fairfield ca(fairfield mitsubishi) already have a few evo8's at their dealership, im goin over there today to test drive one and possibly trade in my oz.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 11:56 AM
Evolving Member

take pictures.. I'd like to believe that.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 11:58 AM

alright, ill take my digicamera and take pics, ill have them later
Old Jan 14, 2003, 12:40 PM

Wohoo i called my dealer and he says Feb. 14 for me!!!!!! He says im the first person to know so much about the evo(thanks guys ^_^) and im going to be the first with the deposit. They believe they're gunna get a red, black and silver one... i just have to decide now! imma go check out my dealer today!! Wohoo... (Selma Auto Mall)
Old Jan 14, 2003, 01:10 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Feb 14? That's the earliest so far. Which state are you purchasing the car at?
Old Jan 14, 2003, 01:20 PM

Hailz!

Fairfield CA has EVO 8's on the lot?????

If that can be confirmed...... I'll drive over from Reno ASAP!!

Please confirm!
Old Jan 14, 2003, 01:30 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Give them a call and take some digital pics for us if they do have them
Old Jan 14, 2003, 01:58 PM

i just wentthere nd came back, they had the evo8 there for demo only and have already sent it back
Old Jan 14, 2003, 02:00 PM

Hailz!

Thanks for the quick update... it did sound too good to be true.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 05:56 PM

Its in the Central valley between San Francisco and Los Angeles. Near Fresno in California. They said they are going to only get 3 the whole year and im going to be the first one to deposit money WOHOO!