Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

US evolution arrival date~!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2003, 03:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation US evolution arrival date~!!!

mitsu said that the evos will be available in "sometime in January" but how come people on this forums been saying stuff like mid-late feb and even march? the dealer where i made my deposit (Stohlman's Mitsubishi in Virginia) said that they will have them the last week of January. I'm really confused.....shouldnt all the dealers have them available at the same time? or do all the dealers receive the evo's on seperate dates depending on their locations in the US???
for example, since california is the closest state to Japan (where they are shipping from), will california have them available sooner than any other states? and like states on the east coast (Virginia for example) will have them available last because its the furthest location from Japan?

if anyone has a date FOR SURE, please state the exact date. I just want a time frame of when to finally get my evolution.

i'm pretty sure that all dealers will NOT sell the evolutions utnil ALL dealers throughout the US has them available to sell because it wont be fair for others. on the other hand, i could be wrong. please clear this up for me......thanks!
Old Jan 14, 2003, 03:42 AM
Evolving Member

east coast will have them about 3-7 days later than west coast
Old Jan 14, 2003, 04:15 AM
Evolving Member

I have a question.

I thought that the EVO was being made at the Normal Illinois plant??? I remember hearing/reading it somewhere???

Is it coming from Japan or is it being made in the US much like the DSMs were??
Old Jan 14, 2003, 04:23 AM
Evolving Member

hell no would they make the EVO's here, they are being shipped from japan
Old Jan 14, 2003, 06:36 AM
Evolving Member

hmm.. I have my allocation from stohlmans also, and as of last week that had no clue of when they would be in, or what price the options would be. pkim, what evo are you getting? is it the blue?? paul called me last week by mistake to try to give me the blue one, when i've had my name on the silver one since allocations. did they tell you prices, or anything?
Old Jan 14, 2003, 07:13 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Turboniam
I have a question.

I thought that the EVO was being made at the Normal Illinois plant??? I remember hearing/reading it somewhere???

Is it coming from Japan or is it being made in the US much like the DSMs were??
Where are you getting this crap? To the best of my recollection there was some talk about building a Dodge version of the evo "after neon platform changes to lancers" but that artilce clearly stated the lancer evolution will be built in japan desigen by japanese engineeers and the sister car will be built in IL designened by good old USA engineers. I'm guess the car will be simiar and very different. Like the dodge stratus and eclipse Who know's what will happen just talk.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

Mine is coming in Feb 25th. York mitsu, York PA
Old Jan 14, 2003, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

i got the same date for mine at Lancaster Mitsu... probably the same truck, only mine won't be smurf blue.

Originally posted by Daveyd
Mine is coming in Feb 25th. York mitsu, York PA
Old Jan 14, 2003, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Mine is also coming on 25 Feb, and I'm in Northern Va.

SC
Old Jan 14, 2003, 08:12 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Per the inbound sheet at where mine is coming from, it says ship date of 2/10. I highly doubt any other dealerships are going to see them much before then.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by MEGABUSA
i got the same date for mine at Lancaster Mitsu... probably the same truck, only mine won't be smurf blue.

Hey now take it easy... I think blue is gonna look pretty cool, even though I wanted a silver
Old Jan 14, 2003, 09:07 AM

Originally posted by Thwack
hmm.. I have my allocation from stohlmans also, and as of last week that had no clue of when they would be in, or what price the options would be. pkim, what evo are you getting? is it the blue?? paul called me last week by mistake to try to give me the blue one, when i've had my name on the silver one since allocations. did they tell you prices, or anything?
they (stohlman's) told me that color choice and options was not up to my decision as of yet. They said that the 11 people ahead in line (i'm #12 on the list) have the first picks. I have my eyes set on the silver one too~!!! (i have a silver OZ at the moment).

paul is making phone calls to people? hmm...thats a good sign!!!
by the way its 10 am on a tuesday morning and i just realized that NOONES signature was on my deposit receipt besides mine (i made a deposit RIGHT AFTER i saw the unveiling =P). I'm going right now to demand 2 signatures (or atleast one...the manager)....they better not try to screw me over~!!!
Old Jan 14, 2003, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Feb 25. Manhasset Mitsubishi New York
Old Jan 14, 2003, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

I've had my deposit in since june.. I was #6 on list.. 1st allocations is 5 cars, 1 of each color i believe, 2 w/ sunroofs, all with big wing. luckily, some people ahead of me must have passed them up, b/c i got my color choice. I spoke to paul a bit last week when he called me by mistake, and they still didn't know much besides the allocations. I had to tell him what the official base msrp was. other from their lack of concrete knlowledge, they've been pretty straight up w/ me, no bull****ing, no making **** up when they dont know. They have the highest customer rating in the dc metro area, I dont think they'll try to screw you.
btw who, told you they were expected last week of jan? paul's been saying mid feb for the last couple of months.
Old Jan 14, 2003, 10:07 AM

I live waaay over here in south Florida. Last time I talked to Fort Lauderdale Mitsubishi he still thought we were getting the VII... Heh, dumbass.

Quick Reply: US evolution arrival date~!!!