Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need advice

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2005, 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need advice

sup everyone, i recently purchased hks exhaust, hks racing suction intake, and hks turbo timer. I was wondering if adding the exhaust and intake help my stock evo??? i dont own an ecu reflash. my friend was telling me that i will actually lose power or the power curve would be retarded. advice please??
Old Feb 17, 2005, 06:29 PM
Evolved Member

the catback will help you, but an intake without a reflash will make u lose power, stick with the stock intake, after market intakes are more usefull for big horsepower applications.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 06:29 PM
Account Disabled

mine seemed faster when i added the same stuff with no flash
Old Feb 17, 2005, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by haystak
mine seemed faster when i added the same stuff with no flash
did u go to the track? did our time improve? because "seems" and "feel" faster are not really good feedbacks.

the point is with a good cat back u will gain some hp on most of your power band, excpet maybe around 5500-6000 where u might get a slight dip in power.
The intake will make you car slower because the MAF sensor will sense non smooth air andwill mess up your power output abit ( nothing major) that s y the stock air box is best when ur car is not reflashed.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 06:36 PM
Evolved Member

Felt like my car dogged when I had my sri, put back to stock and def. felt the power I was losing( that was without reflash though)
Old Feb 17, 2005, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
with just an intake and exhaust you will get more power. but it could be way higher with a reflash.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

thanx everyone. so i thinx im just gonna add the exhaust only. the only reason why i bought the intake because to make the stock bov sound louder. it was buy a bov or an intake....i chose intake.