Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

STI warranty not any diff from the evo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2005, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
STI warranty not any diff from the evo

I was talking to one of my old buddys tonight who I havent talked to in a while. Hes worked at a subarau delearship for the last 2 years. For somereason I questioned him about the sti warranty and this is exactly what he told me: If someone comes in with any aftermarket part they do not honor the warranty. If they can tell the car was beat to ****, ex. clutch, they will not honor it either. So I dont think mitsu is the only one taking modding/warranty seriously. He also said alot of smart people take there mods off before they come in for warranty work, and most of the time theirs no way to prove that they had mods, even though deep down inside they know they had them on their at 1 point, theres nothing they can do to prove it! Same thing goes with mitshubishi. That was one of the reason why I liked the sti, but not that I know that what Ive heard is false about them covering any part no matter what, makes me like my evo even more.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

i had a 2002 mustang gt. my step mom was the fleet manager of the dealership and they still gave me crap about my mods no cats ext.... all car brands are the same. they are not going to cover beat, raced, and moded cars. its so funny down here where i live the hot thing is lifted trucks, when those guys come in in thier brand new F250 with less than 3k miles on it and get told thier warantee is void due to the 12" lift and the 40" tieres they get pissed.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

The thing that sucks is that with my Dodge truck, I had it lifted with 38" tires, and like a moron I didn't swap out the diff gears. They still replaced the tranny 2 times under warranty since it was under 36K miles. I wish other dealerships were willing to stand behind their vehicles that that dealership did with me. I didn't expect warranty work, but I didn't think it would hurt to ask...now that I have an Evo, and have heard all the stories, I'm a bit disappointed in Mitsu and the dealerships. Luckly I haven't had any major issues...and I hope I don't.