Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

why mod?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:31 PM
JTB
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Troll,
Look at his other posts... They are all useless and controversial.

I am feeling dumb for even chiming in
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

2nd Post he ever made YOUR OFF TO A GREAT START HERE AT EVOM.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

I'm sorry that the original poster is as poor as he is stupid. I doubt if he owns an EVO, probably a '73 Pinto with only one mod -- fuzzy dice in the front window, and red celophane where the tail lights should be.

Yes, as a matter of fact, I track my car frequently, 5 days last month and 3 this month. The mods make a huge difference.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UT_Evo
Most civics? Are there that many fast civics in MD? I'm not arguing your statement, there's 2 9.5 second Civics here...but they can't turn worth crap on a track...and the rest of the Civics here all like to think they're fast...or are ONLY fast at Auto-x (civics with NO interior)
well let me change theres many civic that are faster then srt-4s adn evo (i still love the evo though ) i have had 3 civics 1 in the 10s 92 h/b and 2 others in the 12s as well as couple integras and a 99 gsx i just take offense in the civic comments
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:34 PM
Evolving Member

Why even post? Ur wasting your time. Modding is a hobby. Its like saying why buy games? After you get bored you set them aside. Why buy Dvds? After you watch them you set them aside. Why buy books? After you read them you set them aside. All that stuff you do is for fun or entertainment and so is modding. OF course everything gets old, but for the times you enjoy it thats all that counts. Modding might not be a cheap hobby, but its fun for many. To some its an accomplishment, its shows your style. Shall i continue? What about why gamble? your just throwing away your money, but its FUN.... Therefore modding is a hobby and is fun to many. I have friends that look at gambling as a hobby, they do it every other week, and i always tell them if i had all the money you guys spent gambling my car would be sick. so lets cut this here. People spend their money in their own ways nothing else needed to be said.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Someone slap this fool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:38 PM
Evolving Member

yo man my Camry pwnz0r's u all....

Why spend $60 on a pair of Nike's when they're specifically designed to wear out quickly (oh believe me this is true. I've had informal interviews with companies that do this for companies like Nike).

Why spend $3k on a computer when it'll be obsolete in 6 months?

Why spend $1500 on a fancy SLR type Digital Camera when you can take pictures just fine with a disposable Kodak?

Why buy an $3000 Omega watch when a cheapo mickey mouse watch from Target will tell you the time just fine?

Why? Cuz I can, b1tch.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DennisMurphy
its still beyond me why you all waste money on mods,,, why to make it 1 sec faster,,,, hey I know lets spend a couple grand to make my car 1 sec faster!!!! who races there car everday??? who's stupid enough to race some kid in a 99 neon with no muffler??? if I had all the freakin $$ if dumped into my cars I would be a rich man... everyone here dumps there $$ into all these mods, and in a few years then what??? sell it and take a huge loss?? whats is really worth all the money for nothing!!! then people complain thier warranties are voided,, hell if where the car manufacturer I would do the same!! is it really worth 5 grand for a stage 3 upgrade and make it maybe 2 sec faster???? who the hell are u gonna race??? who cares!!!

I think YOU need to find a hobby, instead of coming online bashin' everyone about their's. This site is all about love and sharin' something we all enjoy....fixin up our EVOs....who cares if someone wants to spend money modding...it is their right to do so with their hard-earned cash.

We do it because we love it. From a simple decal install, to an all out stage 5 turbo kit pushing 500 whp...who cares where and how we spend our $$ as long as we are all happy.

...I'm not going to say anything to bash you....cuz then I'd be YOU......but at least give a little respect....especially since this is probably you're 2nd post and you really don't know what goes on in here.....

take care bro....
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:39 PM
Evolving Member

k.Iowe i in no way meant to imply that civics are not possiable of being quick. but a vast majority are stock, and therefore extreemly gutless. watch what you say about srts being slow, there are tons of them in the 11's, and with the availablity of the EMS standalone computer in the next 6 months mean many many many more will be there and faster soon. but this is neither here nor there.

you see, he was talking about unmodified cars, because modification is stupid. toyota prius' are expensive, so why blow your money on that. civics arnt. so most woudl be driving around in civics because they are reasonably priced, get great gas mileage, and are very common!
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:40 PM
Evolving Member

its still beyond me why you all waste money on mods,,, why to make it 1 sec faster,,,, hey I know lets spend a couple grand to make my car 1 sec faster!!!! who races there car everday??? who's stupid enough to race some kid in a 99 neon with no muffler??? if I had all the freakin $$ if dumped into my cars I would be a rich man... everyone here dumps there $$ into all these mods, and in a few years then what??? sell it and take a huge loss?? whats is really worth all the money for nothing!!! then people complain thier warranties are voided,, hell if where the car manufacturer I would do the same!! is it really worth 5 grand for a stage 3 upgrade and make it maybe 2 sec faster???? who the hell are u gonna race??? who cares!!!
If hasn't figured that out by now, I think you gave him too much credit...

Ignorance like that isn't worth the effort in justifying reason...

Last edited by DaGuL; Feb 17, 2005 at 08:43 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:42 PM
Evolved Member

I think people come on here and say stupid $hit like this just to get people fired up. Unless there really there that stupid of a person who loves to waste there time.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you for wasting my time reading this stupid *** thread....
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:44 PM
Evolved Member

Every SRT i've raced has at least tied with me, they're certainly not slow...and I mod because I can, that's why, and to make it faster on tracks (actual road tracks, you know, where people race cars as a profession?)
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
I think people come on here and say stupid $hit like this just to get people fired up. Unless there really there that stupid of a person who loves to waste there time.
Yeah, forget this thread. Lets stop responding. This guy is just trying to start %$&*.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

On second thought WE SHOULD GIVE HIM A COOKIE MAYBE ITS HIS HOBBY TO GO FORUM BANGING lol