Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

why mod?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:11 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why mod?

its still beyond me why you all waste money on mods,,, why to make it 1 sec faster,,,, hey I know lets spend a couple grand to make my car 1 sec faster!!!! who races there car everday??? who's stupid enough to race some kid in a 99 neon with no muffler??? if I had all the freakin $$ if dumped into my cars I would be a rich man... everyone here dumps there $$ into all these mods, and in a few years then what??? sell it and take a huge loss?? whats is really worth all the money for nothing!!! then people complain thier warranties are voided,, hell if where the car manufacturer I would do the same!! is it really worth 5 grand for a stage 3 upgrade and make it maybe 2 sec faster???? who the hell are u gonna race??? who cares!!!
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My cats breath smells like catfood.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DennisMurphy
its still beyond me why you all waste money on mods,,, why to make it 1 sec faster,,,, hey I know lets spend a couple grand to make my car 1 sec faster!!!! who races there car everday??? who's stupid enough to race some kid in a 99 neon with no muffler??? if I had all the freakin $$ if dumped into my cars I would be a rich man... everyone here dumps there $$ into all these mods, and in a few years then what??? sell it and take a huge loss?? whats is really worth all the money for nothing!!! then people complain thier warranties are voided,, hell if where the car manufacturer I would do the same!! is it really worth 5 grand for a stage 3 upgrade and make it maybe 2 sec faster???? who the hell are u gonna race??? who cares!!!
Dude, If that is your philosophy then you are on the wrong forum. Plus, its a little insulting to come on a forum like this and drop a comment like that. Modding your car is addictive and there are a lot of smart mo fos on this forum who can get max power with minimum investment. Why don't you go bash the SRT4 forums
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Ima gonna race on a big asphault thingy in the desert...some peoples call it a track, but you'd have to find that information on the internets
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:21 PM
bs
Evolving Member

if you really have to ask that question then you are truly clueless. that was by far the stupidest post i've ever seen on this forum.......and that is truly saying something. i'm mean hell we should all just sell our cars and go buy a toyota prius because afterall who are we going to race? we don't need horsepower because there is nothing but neons to race out there.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
It all comes down to a hobby and a passion. Some would say "why spend 1000$ on some wood that goes on your feet just to go down a mountain?" but I'm sure you've gone skiing/snowboarding. Some find spending millions on a house stupid, but if it makes you happy, what right does someone else have to judge you?
Evolving Member

Flaming, illiterate troll, he is.
Evolved Member

i dont understand people who come on to car forums and bash people who love cars
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

hey! i resent the srtforums and neon comments buttholes!!!

we choose to modify our cars because we enjoy driving. if its pointless to put money ino our cars to make them better, why not just buy a honda civic and be like everyone else on the road. we enjoy driving, accelarating quickly, stopping on a dime, and whipping the back end of our cars out whenever possiable. its a way for us to express ourselves and get rid of stress. as well as help us move throughout the day. to say its stupid is pretty ignorant. everyone needs a hobby to help pass time. if your hobby is collecting baseball cards, comic books, that cute girls hair, or modifying your car its all the same.

Last edited by TEXSRT4; Feb 17, 2005 at 08:33 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Absurd comment.

For the people that mod their cars, its a hobby. Some people buy boats, some people gamble, some people travel, others collect things, play golf (definitely more expensive than modding evos btw), etc. ITs a hobby dude, not an investment. And youre right, people arent running the 1/4 out on suface streets every time they take their car out. But most people that mod like the exhilieration of a fast car, the pride of building it up and knowing its fast, and the respect they get from others.

And you want to talk about money, evos depricate slower than most 30k cars anyway. Buying a ford explorer will yield much more of a loss after 3 years than a mildly modded evo. Put things in perspective dude...a couple grand in mods for years of driving satisfaction is a rather small price to pay IMO.
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

200 bux says this is locked and deleted b-4 the end of the night
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TEXSRT4
hey! i resent the srtforums butthole!!!

we choose to modify our cars because we enjoy driving. if its pointless to put money ino our cars to make them better, why not just buy a honda civic and be like everyone else on the road. we enjoy driving, accelarating quickly, stopping on a dime, and whipping the back end of our cars out whenever possiable. its a way for us to express ourselves and get rid of stress. as well as help us move throughout the day. to say its stupid is pretty ignorant. everyone needs a hobby to help pass time. if your hobby is collecting baseball cards, comic books, that cute girls hair, or modifying your car its all the same.
be easy on the civic comment since most civics out there can stomp on your srt-4 and most evos in here
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TEXSRT4
hey! i resent the srtforums butthole!!!

Wasn't bashing SRT4's Just kinda want this guy to go away
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:29 PM

UR a retard

If you don't know why people mod their car, then GET OUT. Don't worry about what we do, just sit down if front of the TV and eat your buggers. ha ha ha ha ha
Old Feb 17, 2005, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Most civics? Are there that many fast civics in MD? I'm not arguing your statement, there's 2 9.5 second Civics here...but they can't turn worth crap on a track...and the rest of the Civics here all like to think they're fast...or are ONLY fast at Auto-x (civics with NO interior)