Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

911 owner- Convince me to buy an Evo8

Search this Thread

Old Feb 18, 2005, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and you have an S8? sick, i want to see pics!
sorry for going OT
Old Feb 18, 2005, 04:05 PM
Evolving Member

i don't have an evo...and i don't have a porsche...

but what other cars are you looking at? it sounds like you would be happy with a chrysler 300 hemi. honestly, it sounds like comparing caddy to merc. you get more for your money with caddy, better performance, but more depreciation. with the merc, you are getting the name and the prestigue. (sp?) what do you want? my assumption would be that everytime i drive the evo, i'd be thinking, "man, i'm getting into a mitsu, not a porsche." but when you smoke the porsche with your evo...

sorry if not much help.

btw, i'd kill for either!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DennisMurphy
oh uhhhhhh, I mean buy an evo its a better car.

you are an idiot aren t you? tell us y chose the evo then!!

I know what game u are playing anyway, so plz get a life or go play with yourself

if u are not going to help on any thread on this forum i suggest u to go annoy your friends instead....oh i am sorry i forgot u dont have any

Get lost loser
Old Feb 18, 2005, 04:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Jadiem
leave, leave now....
don't hurt my feelings,,,,,
Old Feb 18, 2005, 05:37 PM
Evolving Member

Gotta love trolls.

But seriously. I absolutely LOVE my EVO but ...depending on what you want, as far as looks and style..... The porsche is king. As far as sheer performance and mod ability? The EVO... I reccommend you to make a matrix of pro's and con's based on a weighted scale and make your decision that way. And yes you can even include the STI in there if you like.....

Tim
Old Feb 18, 2005, 05:41 PM
Evolving Member

After 16 Porsches, you name them I had them, if you want to call me to discuss it I will give you at least 10 major reasons to buy an Evo. Pm me with your phone number and I will call you.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 05:41 PM
Account Disabled

Smile

Originally Posted by GTKage
you are an idiot aren t you? tell us y chose the evo then!!

I know what game u are playing anyway, so plz get a life or go play with yourself

if u are not going to help on any thread on this forum i suggest u to go annoy your friends instead....oh i am sorry i forgot u dont have any

Get lost loser
lol, lol Get!! Lost Loser!!!!,,, thats my favorite part. does anyone on this forum have a sense of humor???? why is everyone so uptight here???

ok, ok, ok I'll give my 2 cents..

buy the Evo, if you :

like Fast and Furious, (the MOvie)
like other dudes looking at u, no girls will ever notice
never driven any other Mitsu products (will spoil it)
like rental car type interior
like other dudes looking at u
like to see it in every fish hack mag everymonth and feel good about it
like other dudes looking at u

Keep your Porsche If you:

opposite of everything above.
like dudes and Chicks notice
keep the porsche!

Last edited by DennisMurphy; Feb 18, 2005 at 05:50 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DennisMurphy
lol, lol Get!! Lost Loser!!!!,,, thats my favorite part. does anyone on this forum have a sense of humor???? why is everyone so uptight here???
maybe cause your a **** sucking troll?????
Old Feb 18, 2005, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dac911
I'm a 911 owner. Convince me to an Evo.

1999, 911 Carrera 2 owner here. It's been serving me as my only car which I only use on weekends. Live in NYC, use subway to work. For a while I've been eyeing on an Evo as a replacement.

Key factors I like on evo-

Performance
AWD (when it snows)
Trunk
Rear passenger space
Econobox stealth looks (when dewinged, which I intend- lets me park wherever, go to poor neighborhoods unnoticed)
Cons-

Need winter tires (when it snows, which I have no storage space living in NYC, may have to go all seasons)
Econobox looks / Chick appeal (definitely not as beautiful)
Suspension/Ride? (read it is rough, any evo owners driven a 911? I'm not sure until I try it. NYC potholes can be rough)
Depreciation (a New evo is definitely going to depreciate a whole lot more than my 99 C2, which I bought used last year, may consider buying a used Evo to fight depreciation)

Evo owners, convince me why I should get rid of the 911.
I would love to have a Porsche. I have an MR and I had a GSR before that. These are great cats, but the 911 for all it's shortcomings is a great car. The EVO might be faster or quicker or whatever but it does not have the Porsche mistique. If I could, I would get a Porsche to go with my EVO and my Miata
Old Feb 18, 2005, 05:52 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by k.lowe
maybe cause your a **** sucking troll?????
sucking Troll ????? comon,,, you can insult me better than that???? sucking troll???
Old Feb 18, 2005, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
Originally Posted by JTB
I replaced my 993 C4 with the Evo. I have owned 2 other Porsches in addition and driven countless others.

Although I reminisce about my 993, I have no regrets. My Porsche was a beautiful car and had all the correct engine and suspension modifications. I could drive it to the track, abuse it all day, and then drive it home.

However I love my Evo. It is faster in a straight line than my 993 was and it is more suited to my lifestyle as it has 4 doors. It acquits itself nicely around the track and on some tracks is even faster than the 993. It is fun to drive, communicates nicely -- especially for a 4wd car.

One of the primary things I enjoy with the Evo over the 993 is the ability to mod. When I sense that I am getting bored with the Evo I add some parts and renew my interest. The modifications you can buy are relatively cost effect and seem to have a pronounced effect on performance. With the Porsche it would break the bank even thinking about mods.

If you can get past the image change from the 911 to the Evo then you will be happy.

Good luck,

Best description on here!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 05:59 PM
Evolved Member

Location: Work - New York, Alaska, Mexico or the Caribbean. -Home - Tx Hill Country
If you aren't going to add any value to this post, go start your own. No need to insult each other like school boys.

Edit: and I would add that you should check out the STi as well. They are both great cars and represent the best performance value on the market.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

just get a good set of all season tires and you'll be fine for winter or whatever (I'd go with Continentals, but that's just me). Plus, the evo will SMOKE a carrera with but a small amount of $$$.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Go drive an EVO.... Then you'll know what the hype is all about!!
Old Feb 18, 2005, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

just go and test drive one!