Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Video Over On Srt Forums Kids Lieing Agian

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I happened upon a SRT4 this past Friday night on the way to work, not knowing what it was behind me. I held back, and gave him the edge to see if he really had something worth my $2 a gallon. He was behind me at a light turning onto the highway. I waited for him to make the move and when he did I rolled on it. I put several cars between us and waited to see what he was driving. My car is basically back to stock except for the downpipe and cat-delete. Waiting to install my cams and gears for the Vishnu dyno day. After which it'll be a waste of time to play with him. I also saw a SRT4 last year at a import event struggling to stay in the 14's in the quarter mile. The car also sounded stupid with its blow-off valve.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by cet_euro
that is all I have so far.......

Just wait till I do cams and flash
Yeah sure. And you are beating the 03 supercharged cobra, whatever. From a dig you would jump to a small lead then get eaten up on a roll. And from a roll it would not even be a race. 03 cobra's are no joke, you need a lot more than mbc and tbe to beat one from a dig and a whole lot more to beat one from a roll. Did the guy in the cobra know he was racing?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:49 AM
Evolving Member

You guys are just as bad as srt4 owners. Sometimes Im ashamed to be a Evo owner.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

That video is about freakin stupid....if your gonna drag race do it right. I for one hate drag racing but, if you are going to do it.....do it right. Do it from a stop.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:48 PM
Account Disabled

This is getting stupid who cares about SRT-4....
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:48 PM
Evolving Member

I took an SRT-4 owner on a little "test drive" in my EVO.....
Needless to say all he could do is praise the EVO .....
If all you can spend is $20k and you NEED speed ....
I'd have to buy one too.
I'm sure its a fun little car. But it still isn't...nor ever will be an EVO...period.

Tim
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

if they would have gone from a dig....lights out srt.....end of discussion.....i hate when people want to run me from a 40+ roll..its stupid.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mevolution2002
You guys are just as bad as srt4 owners. Sometimes Im ashamed to be a Evo owner.

Seriously lol.... I mean The evo isn't the best car in the world, and some of you guys act like it is. Love what you drive but don't throw all the other cars aside. I like my car to hell but i have not once downed another car. Even civics and ricers, your lucky enough to get this car, those people with civics and stuff do you really think they want to drive that? I bet they would like an evo too if they can, just thats what some people can afford and I like the fact that they try to make the best out of it. There are alot of great cars and the evo is just 1 of them.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know the guy who did the video.

THe reason why they didnt run from a stop is because it was 30 degree weather and the srt-4 would have absolutely no traction.

the evo is faster then the srt-4, but you have to give it credit for what it is.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turtlelancer
Seriously lol.... I mean The evo isn't the best car in the world, and some of you guys act like it is. Love what you drive but don't throw all the other cars aside. I like my car to hell but i have not once downed another car. Even civics and ricers, your lucky enough to get this car, those people with civics and stuff do you really think they want to drive that? I bet they would like an evo too if they can, just thats what some people can afford and I like the fact that they try to make the best out of it. There are alot of great cars and the evo is just 1 of them.

I like driving my Civic. It's cheaper on gas
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:05 PM
Evolved Member

Wait, what would have no traction in 30 degree weather? And yeah, like I said earlier, SRT-4s aren't too shabby, except traction issues, and handling issues...
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:12 PM

Imagine if they were 2.0 liters...lol.......
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:14 PM
Evolved Member

Cool vid! Why don't the srt4's like going from a dig I had an encounter with a turbo neon (wasn't a srt4) on Friday.. wasn't much trouble even with passengers in my car
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DjRiice
if they would have gone from a dig....lights out srt.....end of discussion.....i hate when people want to run me from a 40+ roll..its stupid.
thats exactly right.fwd sucks.
thats why srt4 owners like to race form a roll. i couldnt get traction due to a lot of wheelspin from 1st to second.
stock to stock: evo will be ahead up to the 4th gear, but after 4th its the srt.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

the MR won, soooo... what is there to argue about?