Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Video Over On Srt Forums Kids Lieing Agian

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2005, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LET me say 1 thing
do you think the NEON boyz will buy the NEON if they have the money for an EVO?
i doubt it
Old Feb 21, 2005, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Nice video. Never Sleep on any car. It could be a Yugo dont sleep. Srt4 with big turbos are not a game at 80mph and above. Trust me on that. I had a run in with one and upstairs its not a game. Then we did a 30mph roll, he got destroyed. The reason wheelspin. We took it to about 140 had about 2 1/2 car on him the whole time, he could not reel me in. I was suprised though.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 03:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Tureno-AE86
LET me say 1 thing
do you think the NEON boyz will buy the NEON if they have the money for an EVO?
i doubt it
Srt-4s are like 20k. Well the work that srt4 people do is prolly gonna cost them some money, money they could have used to buy a Evo if they wanted to. I mean if there was like a $15000 difference in price i would be like okay, but you can buy a good gsr used for like 24-25k.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 03:57 PM
Evolving Member

I can honestly care less what an SRT-4 does on the street. Do they show up at the drag strip where it actually counts? I used to street race but I got seriously tired of listening to weak excuses about why they lost. At the strip you can make excuses (I bogged down, etc) but the time is the time.

I prefer autocross and have yet to see an SRT-4 show up. STi's, WRXs, Miata glore and Corvettes. Not SRT-4s. But then again, autocross and track racing actually requires you to turn the car, not hold the wheel straight.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would rather put my money into a 30k AWD legend modding it than a 20k FWD upstart to be quite honest.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
additionally....I think everyone agrees if that was from a dig it would have been a totally different situation (more like 5+ cars)
Old Feb 21, 2005, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

This feud is never gonna end, you guys know that right?...respect the SRT-4 for what it is and be done with it. If you bought an Evo it's because there's something you liked about it enough to lay out 30K. And on the same note, if you bought an SRT-4, it doesn't necessarily mean you couldnt afford an evo. With that said, I bought an evo. I just don't see the point in beating a dead horse, this is like the 356732168431684321th EVO vs SRT-4 thread.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

the MR went from a roll and won 3 out of 3.. Whats the reason people are getting bent out of shape about?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

How old are most of you guys? Seriously get over the whole neon thing. The Evo is not the god of all cars! Shoot its only a 30grand car and some of you act like its a freaking enzo.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mevolution2002
How old are most of you guys? Seriously get over the whole neon thing. The Evo is not the god of all cars! Shoot its only a 30grand car and some of you act like its a freaking enzo.

AMEN!!!!!
Old Feb 21, 2005, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

the SRT-4's a def a quick car on the roll... no doubt about it... they make some good power due to less driveline loss with a FF layout, but get hurt bad at the same part... they have traction issues, and handling issues...

...in the 20-25k tuner car market, it's choose either the SRT-4 or a WRX, and maybe a 1.8T golf... and when it comes to flat out speed, the SRT-4 is the way to go usually...

in the 25-35k mark, it's Evo or STi... thing is, not all ppl can afford this range of car... most ppl would rather the lower payments, and be able to have more mod money...... i personally rathered the Evo with a budgeted mod pool because i wasn't looking for a highway/dyno queen and needed a car that shines on road courses and closed circuts (which to me is the real deal), that was also season friendly...

onto the vid... plain and simple... from a dig, game over... people just try to exploit an Icon cars weakness, which is highways drags with the Evo... it's basically the only part-vulnerable part of the car... so, to make themselves feel better, no matter what kind of race it is, it's a win that they can use to be able to wave their d!cks a lil' higher than the rest.....

notice this though... why don't they brag a drag from a dig??? why don't they brag about backroad/mountain run wins??? why don't they brag about winning at autox events??? why don't they, because they don't win...... that's all there is to it... I'd have more respect for them if they'd build their cars to compete there, but, they're just out-classed... hell, i have more respect with a rotted out civic hatch with a B18C and trick suspension handing cars their asses at a autox event than a stupid highway drag......

by the way... Enzo = Italian Trash.............

...j/k