Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Which EVO model would you buy, all 3 cost $30,000
MR
76.06%
GSR
17.61%
RS
6.34%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

If all Evo's cost the same, which would you buy?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For a dd i love the sunroof and leather... GSR for me if it's my only car.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alex_alex
The choice is indeed clear. The MR and the GSR are both faster than the RS at the track . . .
which is funny because they purposly made the RS to be stripped to the bone for the purpose of a faster track car....
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

this can be a serious poll if you really think about the choices... its not all about the MR....
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:08 PM
Evolving Member

GSR for me...
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

You might as well take GSR off. Most people don't care about sunroof so they'll just get an MR if they could. Flatspotting tires is bad, that's why you need experience without ABS to do well at a track without it.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:39 PM
jfh
Evolved Member

MR without question. I'll take the free six-speed and Bilstein suspension anyday.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:39 PM
Evolving Member

It's not a good comparison because the differences between RS, GS-R, and MR USDM Evos are not the same as JDM Evos.

In Japan and elsewhere in Europe, the RS is sold without Brembo brakes. It just has regular brakes with steel wheels and crappy tyres.

Historically, the purpose of the RS is not to build a faster car, but a cheaper car. Mitsuditchy assumed that racers would put on their own go-fast parts and set the car up according to what the driver's style, the sanctioning body's rules, budget, etc.

If they stripped down the RS even more, took off the brembos, took off the Enkeis, took off the Racaros, took off the Momo wheel, and sold it for $20,000, how many of those do you think they would sell? That's what an RS is supposed to be.

It would handle like crap and brake like crap stock, but for $20,000, would it be worth it?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by g6civcx
It's not a good comparison because the differences between RS, GS-R, and MR USDM Evos are not the same as JDM Evos.

In Japan and elsewhere in Europe, the RS is sold without Brembo brakes. It just has regular brakes with steel wheels and crappy tyres.

Historically, the purpose of the RS is not to build a faster car, but a cheaper car. Mitsuditchy assumed that racers would put on their own go-fast parts and set the car up according to what the driver's style, the sanctioning body's rules, budget, etc.

If they stripped down the RS even more, took off the brembos, took off the Enkeis, took off the Racaros, took off the Momo wheel, and sold it for $20,000, how many of those do you think they would sell? That's what an RS is supposed to be.

It would handle like crap and brake like crap stock, but for $20,000, would it be worth it?
---YESSS
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by pyrovice
For a dd i love the sunroof and leather... GSR for me if it's my only car.
WOW!!! probably the only valid point for a GSR over an MR. Never thought about that, great point but Ill still take the MR.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by alex_alex
did you see the motortrend article?

the difference was huge.
I'm willing to bet the testers probably couldn't brake worth a damn. Most people I know who track would prefer no ABS.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DarkMastyr
I'm willing to bet the testers probably couldn't brake worth a damn. Most people I know who track would prefer no ABS.
On the counterpoint, you can initiate a braking drift with ABS just as well as you can without it. Just instead of inducing traction loss, you have to do it with weight transfer and steering. Not impossible. Just harder to do and slightly counterintuitive.

Old Feb 21, 2005, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DarkMastyr
they were motor trend's professional drivers.

And they were running 1:31-1:32's STOCK at streets. Pretty damn good drivers.

you can bet all you want on it, but i'd call it cognitive dissonance.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

this is a stupid question IMO because the MR would be the best bang for your buck. the RS costing 30K with no ac, sound, or 6speed, while the MR has a 6speed, soundsystem, and ac and has more useless crap.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by g6civcx

yea then you would have a 13 sec death trap cause a bunch of dumbasss kids would be buying them up!!!
Old Feb 21, 2005, 03:01 PM
Evolving Member

None of the above.

I want an RS with all of the MR mechanicals-abs, active diff, and I want SYCII

Basically, a lightweight MR. Oh yeah, 400+ whp while we're at it