Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

so it finally happened to me

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so it finally happened to me

i read all the stories of people getting jipped by companies and always thought to myself what i would do in their case...well on saturday i took my ride get sum new toyos put on...i took it to discount tire on randall rd. for those who live near elgin illinois. well they gave me a good deal on the tires, but when they installed them, they scratched my driver side rim, on the inside, kinda by the edge...Ill post pics later.when i notice it i take it to my friends shop so they can look at it and see if it was an error by them, or if i hit something, my friend said it was my wheel weight dat was caught by the machine and dragged...i go bak to discount and they say dat's it's my fault cuz my passanger side rim, has a scuff from when i parked to close to a curve...they said the rims arent new and they wont replace one, and they also said why did i care about one rim only...

what should i do? who should i talked to, help me out guys
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

u tell those cheap bastards that u are upset only for ONE rim because it s a $30K car and those rims aren t cheap and they better do something about it!
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
same thing happen to me at a mom and pops place. I stood there to make sure they would not scratch it and guess what? they did. they scratched the hell out of two (i changed two). The owner had the nerve to tell me "it was okay". So they ended up paying a body shop to paint my rotas. I would never expect this from discount tires.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:08 PM

were you talking how you type in some ignorant ghetto way "dat" maybe made them dislike you? cuz dat wuld make me scratch ur rims like dat
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nasti
were you talking how you type in some ignorant ghetto way "dat" maybe made them dislike you? cuz dat wuld make me scratch ur rims like dat
if you dont have somethign productive to say and help this guy out, then just dont talk at all. I'm sure he was just dying to get a lesson on how to articulate his words properly
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i went there to '' discount tire'' and got the nitto 555 for 100 a pop. awsome deal but i herd stories about there installing. so i brout my tiers home witch i indeed have a tire mounter from my friends old shop. and the same thing ALMOST happend i got to notice it be4 it happend. id go back and lay the law down. cause there not a cheep rim
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:50 PM

if you dont have somethign productive to say and help this guy out, then just dont talk at all. I'm sure he was just dying to get a lesson on how to articulate his words properly
it was more a language/spelling lesson so people will take him seriously in real life. I could only imagine the guys at the shop laughed at him if he talked any way near how he types.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 12:59 PM

are you kiddin me...i use a d instead of a t...to spell that, it all sounds da same, it's just quicker to type, dat's probably da stupidest remark ever, bein dat ur signature is all f*cked up.... "the drama setta, sip ama-retta? if your gona talk sh*t double check ur spellin, even if it is a song
Old Feb 21, 2005, 03:17 PM
Account Disabled

i think hes ragging on the fact that ur trying to instil some slang onto the net... most people in the world dont talk like proper english, this im sure most people know..... but most people do in fact have trouble reading slang more so then understanding it coming out of peoples mouth. there is no way in hell that typing a d for a t makes ur typing faster. if it does then its by a nanosecond.... also im an avid reader of everything, and i had trouble understanding half the stuff u write... im not complaining im just saying that maybe if u type properly (such as no slang, i mean as u can see, i use u and ur all the time, that stuffs diffrent) people would be more inclinded to help u out, because its much easier to understand, and makes u seem more educated in the process

just a heads up...

as for ur situation, i dont think theres much u can do... unless u physical SAW them scrap it, and CAN PROVE without a doubt that they did, its ur word against them.... no proof no crime... sorry but thats how it is. id be pissed to, but u can only do so much in this situation.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

The problem is the people that work for them do not give a crap. They are paid low wages so naturally they do not care about taking their time to do the job right. Businesses are forced to pay the low wages in order to keep prices down on the product to cater to the mooches who will do business with the guy down the street if they can save a few pennies.

Good luck.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Here is a something to watch for. If you go to Les Schwab tires, check the invoice. Over here in NorCal, they charge you for new valve stems and they don't even change the damn thing. They charge almost $4 per valve stem so the equals to $16 bucks. Beware of them.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by etownevo
i read all the stories of people getting jipped by companies and always thought to myself what i would do in their case...well on saturday i took my ride get sum new toyos put on...i took it to discount tire on randall rd. for those who live near elgin illinois. well they gave me a good deal on the tires, but when they installed them, they scratched my driver side rim, on the inside, kinda by the edge...Ill post pics later.when i notice it i take it to my friends shop so they can look at it and see if it was an error by them, or if i hit something, my friend said it was my wheel weight dat was caught by the machine and dragged...i go bak to discount and they say dat's it's my fault cuz my passanger side rim, has a scuff from when i parked to close to a curve...they said the rims arent new and they wont replace one, and they also said why did i care about one rim only...

what should i do? who should i talked to, help me out guys
not much you can do , but the good thing is that its on the inside where not too many people look
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTKage
u tell those cheap bastards that u are upset only for ONE rim because it s a $30K car and those rims aren t cheap and they better do something about it!
lol
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:44 PM
Evolved Member

just let it go, buddy. no biggie. what's gonna happen when you come back to your car (god forbid) and there's a nice, fresh ding? fulgaze. what can ya do. get used to it. maybe if it was all four, or even two rims.

hmmmmm...... you could possibly swindle getting em both fixed if you wanted to get into it, but i personally wouldn't. lol

just let it go.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:34 AM

Yea Thanks For All Da Post Guys....i Pretty Much Gave Up On That, Figured It Was My Word Against Theirs, I Was Told I Was Gona Talk To The Vp, But Instead I Talked To The Same ******* That I Talked To The Day It All Happened...he Told Me That The Manager Was Coming To The Store This Week, And I Could Talk To Him Then, But I Was Told By The Asst. Manager That The Manager Will Prob. Not Replace My Wheel...ill Keep U Guys Posted If I Have Any Luck With This Or Not, But Im Not Gettin My Hopes Up