Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

10 things I hate about Evo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
I used to have a really good looking girl friend who enjoyed having as much sex as I wanted, never wanted me to spend any money on her and never nagged me

I think the problem with her was I screwed her so much that my ***** became sore

I guess nothing in life is perfect
Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to have a really good looking girl friend who enjoyed having as much sex as I wanted, never wanted me to spend any money on her and never nagged me

I think the problem with her was I screwed her so much that my ***** became sore

Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by g6civcx
1. The seat is too small. I have a 28" waist. I need something smaller.

2. The clutch engagement is too high. I would like to lower it about an inch. It takes too long to engage the clutch because of the long pedal travel.

3. The steering effort is too heavy. I want it to be a little lighter. Yes, I know some people complained that it's too quick and too light, but not for me. Road feel is good, but I would like a little bit less effort for quick turning lock-to-lock.

4. The turbo lag is really getting to me. On-throttle response above 4,000 RPM is okay, but if I drop it a gear too low, it'll take a long time for the boost to come back.

5. Throttle response is poor. I attribute that to the high-compression motor. Comes with the territory, but I demand instant response.

6. The car tracks with cracks in the road easily. It's fine if you don't try to correct for it, but it can catch you off-guard if you're not careful.

7. The bumpsteer is getting too unbearable. Hit a little bump and the wheel gets jerked out of your hand. I wonder what the scrub radius is.

8. It weighs too much. You can feel the weight holding you back in tight corner (1st and slow 2nd gear corners) transitions. Best to induce power oversteer and pitch it in, or the car will understeer in the sharp transitions.

9. The car sits too tall. Cornering is flat, but you do feel some body lean and it can get floaty over rough pavement.

10. 3rd gear is too tall. 1st and 2nd are okay, but 3rd seems too flat. It needs to go up a tooth or two.

I'm still looking for faults
1. Id say this seat is slightly smaller than the average sports car.

2. Adjust the pedal.

3. Lift weights (try steering a vette btw...its like 10 times stiffer)

4. drive at or above 3k.

5. Compared to... ( I think throttle response is ok...)

6. Thats what low profile/stiff sidewall tires will do to you...happens in all sports cars

7. Bump steer has nothing to with a pothole physically moving the wheel to the right or left, it only refers to the change in suspension/steering geometry when the vehicle enters a bump or roll condition. I have not heard of anyone measuring the bump or roll steer of the evo so i cant comment.

8. If you are having problems in the transitions, you might want to try a stiffer rear rollbar. This will allow the car to set faster and also decrease the understeer. You can also play with the rest of the suspension for even better results.

9. Its a rally car (sorta). But a rear anti-roll bar will help here too.

10. Yeah, but then there is too much of a gap between 3 and 4.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolving Member

Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by strongbear0
Looks like we were on the same page there. He hates everything that's great about the evo. Go back to your honda, you'll be much happier. Slower but happier.

Yeah, he doesnt appreciate the goodness.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Sounds like your unhappy with your Evo, why did you buy the Evo? During your test drive none of these things were issues?
Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

1. I'm selling it, but for a different reason.

2. My Evo is one of the best maintained car on this forum.

3. I bought the car new.

4. I wouldn't call it problems. It's just how the car is set up.

5. The dealer sees it every 5,000 miles.

6. You have never heard or know anyone with those problems because most Evo owners don't know the difference.

i think your problems have gone from bad to worse...

most ppl treat their car with utmost love and respect here... we're one of the most passionate groups you'll ever meet...

dealer will see it once in the spring... then i keep record and receipts of all my maintainence for proof...

and there is a very very small group of evo owners that know what you're talking about... and they are the ones that don't know what they're talking about and/or are better off in a G35 or 3-series...
Evolving Member

1. If the seat is too small why do you want a smaller one?
2. If you are concerned about lag than you are in the wrong gear. The big 16g spools so quick.
3. From rack to rack the evo is one of the fastest, if not the fastest, car made. So that statement makes no sense.
4. High compression motor, are you smoking crack, the evo has low compression. And judging from your name you are into honda's so you should know all about high revving and high compression. The evo's 8.8:1 is nothing compared to a honda with 12:1 or higher.
5. It is heavy, but it has to be heavy to feel stable at high speeds.

Do you even own an evo? Doesn't sound like it to me.

High compression, hahahahahaha!
1. That was a typo. I corrected it.

2. Wrong gear or not, there is nothing below below 4,000 RPM.

3. Did you read that right? I'm not complaining about ratio. I'm complaining about effort. It steers quickly, but takes too much effort. You can still keep the 2 turns lock-to-lock but if you ante up the steering assist it will help. That will make the steering ultra sensitive, and some people would say it's too twitchy.

4. 8.8:1 is actually very high. It's supposed to provide better off throttle response. Compare it to race specs 4G63. They run 8:1 or lower. The 8.8:1 limits max boost to 19 psi. I guess you missed the part where I was mocking their effort to improve off throttle response...

5. You don't need much weight to be stable at high speed. If it's meant to be used as a high speed car, the aerodynamics need serious readjustment. If you read the Evo encyclopedia, you'll know that the Evo progressively grew bigger and heavier with each evolution.

I have an RS. I typically put 5,000 miles a month on the car when I drive it. I feel that you do not truly know the car until you put at least 10,000 miles on it.

Here it is.

With all the things I hate about it, I still choose it over the STi almost every day, except for those days where I just want to floor it and don't care what happens after that.

Evolving Member

if u have soo many problesm with evo...ill trade u my regular lancer for it. lol...and ppl owning evo dun care about comfort...all they care about is how far back their neck goes when they push the pedal
Evolved Member

To funny but does make the point
Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

my evo sees the dealer every 3,000 miles
Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Looks like we were on the same page there. He hates everything that's great about the evo. Go back to your honda, you'll be much happier. Slower but happier.

**** that lol im drunk but ill race any evo in the crx but i still love evos though

then again its not a fair race with my crx
Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:11 PM
Evolved Member

Nothing under 4k do you have some majical upgraded 16g in your car mine is making plenty of boost at 2800. I have never heard of a stock Evo not boosting until 4k.
My advice is you need to have someone take a look at your defective Evo.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:12 PM
Evolved Member

1. That was a typo. I corrected it.

2. Wrong gear or not, there is nothing below below 4,000 RPM.

3. Did you read that right? I'm not complaining about ratio. I'm complaining about effort. It steers quickly, but takes too much effort. You can still keep the 2 turns lock-to-lock but if you ante up the steering assist it will help. That will make the steering ultra sensitive, and some people would say it's too twitchy.

4. 8.8:1 is actually very high. It's supposed to provide better off throttle response. Compare it to race specs 4G63. They run 8:1 or lower. The 8.8:1 limits max boost to 19 psi. I guess you missed the part where I was mocking their effort to improve off throttle response...

5. You don't need much weight to be stable at high speed. If it's meant to be used as a high speed car, the aerodynamics need serious readjustment. If you read the Evo encyclopedia, you'll know that the Evo progressively grew bigger and heavier with each evolution.

I have an RS. I typically put 5,000 miles a month on the car when I drive it. I feel that you do not truly know the car until you put at least 10,000 miles on it.

Here it is.

With all the things I hate about it, I still choose it over the STi almost every day, except for those days where I just want to floor it and don't care what happens after that.

3. What effort? You must be like 90 pounds or some s hit.

4. 8.8:1 is actually not high at all. What, you want 10 to 1 and 19lbs of boost too?

5. All cars grow bigger and heavier. Its called safety.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

ok then get rid of the car, but i think you havne't been driving the car long enough to even realize how great of a car this is. about 10x better then your honda or whatever.. but thats my opinion. good luck

Quick Reply: 10 things I hate about Evo