Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Evo IX or MR

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo IX or MR

I need people who really know what is coming out for the evo IX. I am contemplating MR or 9.

Mr basic facts

aluminum roof
better struts
lighter wheels
6 speed
Limited slip diff in front from o3 model
vortex generator
better turbo
5 hp more

Want to know what is the benefit of the 9 I already know of the Mivec, I just hope it doesnt change the charisma of the evo with its sudden thrust of accelaration. I have driven the subies and did not like them at all good power down low but nothing up top , hope that doesnt happen for the evo. Love my car and know I can make more low end power, read alot of Euro articles and they have these engines putting nearly 400lbs of torque at 3800 rpm. They tune alittle diffenent the philosophy is more torques not so much to care about horse power.
So there is my concerns and if you guys can help just need to know if I should look for MR or stick and wait for the 9

any help guy will be appreciated .

Thanks in advanced
Old Feb 21, 2005, 10:42 PM

u know, 50 % will tell u to wait for the IX, while 40% will tell u just get the regular evo, not the MR. only 8% will tell you something else, leaving only 2% will tell u to get the MR.
I have the MR, but for the cost at this time prior to IX's coming, I will suggest you to wait for IX. However, do not hold a high expectation on hp gain in the future model. according to evo's history, it doesn't change much. it's a tuner's car, 90%of the owners will mod it anyway.
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

Ix
Old Feb 21, 2005, 11:45 PM
Evolved Member

when is the evo 9 coming out?
Old Feb 22, 2005, 01:15 AM
Evolved Member

IX

im deciding on IX or GT-R...
Old Feb 22, 2005, 01:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wrxIIevo
u know, 50 % will tell u to wait for the IX, while 40% will tell u just get the regular evo, not the MR. only 8% will tell you something else, leaving only 2% will tell u to get the MR.
I have the MR, but for the cost at this time prior to IX's coming, I will suggest you to wait for IX. However, do not hold a high expectation on hp gain in the future model. according to evo's history, it doesn't change much. it's a tuner's car, 90%of the owners will mod it anyway.
i say wait for the 9 , but if you dont , then i am part of the so-called 2percent for you to get the mr
Old Feb 22, 2005, 01:26 AM
Evolving Member

(click this link)~~>Xtreme News Article has a lot of info on the Evo IX.

supposed to get a bigger turbo. MIVEC. comes in 3 trims. RS (basic rs version), GT (what we call the gsr version), and GSR (most likely the MR version)

just read the article and also check out the "x-car" and "new car" links at the top
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:02 AM
Evolving Member

The truth is no one and i mean no one at this point in time knows what the hp will be for the IX! All we really know right now is the front and back bumper is diff and its suposto to have the same features/setup as the MR. Its said the MR is or was brought out to compet with the STI and be a test for the IX. I own an MR too so i guess im one of the 2%(think u need to rework ur figures WRXIIevo) and i would say the only reason why people say that is cuz of price. Lets be honest if it wasnt for that reason then eveyone would have an MR. I mean why not its got more features and a limited color! It goes back to getting what u pay for. Yes i agree that 4-5k is a bit much for a votex gen, BBS wheels, six speed, aluminum roof but hey its limited to 1000 and if u want it, u got to pay it! Everyone at some point in their lives pays for $hit thats way too much or is a waste, why wold this be diff? As for getting a MR or IX it goes back to u? What do u really want? There wont be a huge change between the two and most likely ur going to pay about the same price cuz Mit. dealers will jack that B!tch up for sure so again it really depends on u and how long u want to wait. But if are going to get an MR than i suguest u get or make an attempt to get one now cuz they are limited, especially the Graf Grey. But honestly either way u wont be dissapiointed.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by wrxIIevo
And where do you get your no.s from??? .... Anyways, its up to you it depends on whether you want the car now or want to wait. If you can wait, wait it out as all the feature in the MR will move on to the 9 .... and it is supposed to come with 315HP (Sport Compact Car) from the factory standard (now that the gentleman's agreement in Japan is over) ...
Old Feb 22, 2005, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Wait for the IX. If you cant wait and need a car right now, then get the MR.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 12:10 PM

MR will have a higher resale in the future other then that just get the Grand Turismo 4 today and wait for IX
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:49 PM

funny I actually got it gt4 as for better resale value I think that will be debatable because the 9 will be a one year run and the engine will be a unique run for the 4g63 and there will only be about 3500 in the run and the mr 1000 kinda hard to tell since the 9 will have everything the mr will have and maybe more. tough one but I do like that mr color. I guess we will have to wait
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

I doubt if you will be able to buy a IX until near the end of 2005. Can you wait that long?
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nowaterdownevo
MR will have a higher resale in the future other then that just get the Grand Turismo 4 today and wait for IX
i second that
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

I hope IX come with S-AYC!!!!