Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The Best Intercooler? & Why?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2005, 04:27 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
the xs 1 is also now hyperflow just wanted to add that in there
Dan, actually the turbo-xs is a hyperflow core, the XS engineering intercooler is entirely diff. than turboxs / hyperflow.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
your intecooler

is your intercooler the hyperfolw model on no cause its the 1 i got and im not shore if the 1 that kid is talking about is beter or not or worth the upgrade.thanks
Old Feb 23, 2005, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
so is the hyper flow a good 1 or what
Old Feb 23, 2005, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a email back from myevostore.com when I asked about the Nisei fmic.

I didnt even know it was out yet in production yet. We're still testing
prototype version 2. How did you hear about it?

Rob

Old Feb 23, 2005, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

Here is the best IC on the market. I can’t give you anymore info right now but I will have a group buy soon for the EVOm members. This IC retain every stock hole and it will flow way and beyond your imagination.
Attached Thumbnails The Best Intercooler? & Why?-showletter1.jpg   The Best Intercooler? & Why?-showletter.jpg   The Best Intercooler? & Why?-showletter2.jpg  
Old Feb 23, 2005, 11:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dragon41673
From all the reports I've seen and what the fastest EVO's use...it's either AMS or Buschur Racing. Both are awesome designs...one is bigger then the other...but they both perform flawlessly!
couldnt agree more, depends on u
Old Feb 24, 2005, 02:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Str8Ryda
Hello Mrbkkt1,

I just wanted to say I understand where your coming from, and I can appreciate that your a supporter of XS, but please allow me to be down for my fmic. I don't want to be a hater or cause any problems. I posted what I did for EVO_Slayer.. and I was just trying to let him/her know what my experience was trying to locate a intercooler. The link I originally posted was because I thought it was cool and informative. I didn't mean to step on anyones toes... so for that I apologize.

Now on to what I don't appreciate... I'm not a hater by any means but... If I'm going to be called out... and told that I"m wrong... then I feel as though I've got my honor to protect.

I hate to inform you that I stand by what I stated.. regarding XS's fmic. It is a "Tube & Fin" core not a "Bar & Plate". Technically it is a "Tube & Header" since all intercooler come with fins.

You have Derek888 to thank for proving you wrong. I have Derek to thank for displaying the link for XS Engineerings fmic. In the link if you save the photo, zoom in approximately 5-9 times, it clearly show it has a "header flange" which comfirms that it is a "Tube & Header" fmic.

Here is the link Derek888 posted - http://www.evo8.com/?page=shop/flyp...22c7357a8387dcb

To further confirm it is a "Tube & Fin / Header" fmic here is a link for XS Engineering where they state their cores are "Tube & Fin". From the home page goto XS Intercoolers, then on the right side of the page click on the XS Power I/C. It reads :"PowerI/C cores utilize state of the art tube & fin type construction."

http://www.xs-engineering.com/
i'm sorry, you are probably right about xs engineering intercooler, i was not specific in saying i have a TURBO XS intercooler, 2 different companies, my bad.
from the lancershop site:

TurboXS front mount intercooler for the EVO VIII, MR, RS cars. The Front Mount Intercooler is a bar and plate design for maximum efficiency. The core can handle up to 700 wheel horsepower. The kit uses the factory or factory style intercooler piping. Includes polished end tanks and mounting brackets for easy fitment. No cutting is necessary. Fits: Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 03-05 --> FREE Ground Shipping <--
this page

Last edited by mrbkkt1; Feb 24, 2005 at 02:32 AM.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 02:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Az3ar
Here is the best IC on the market. I can’t give you anymore info right now but I will have a group buy soon for the EVOm members. This IC retain every stock hole and it will flow way and beyond your imagination.
Az,

What kind of money are we looking at there? You don't need to be specific but in what region at least?

Cheers,
Old Feb 24, 2005, 03:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOVII_SWE
Az,

What kind of money are we looking at there? You don't need to be specific but in what region at least?

Cheers,

around $800 to $900
Old Feb 24, 2005, 04:12 AM
Evolving Member

I just put on the injen fmic on my car last weekend. The fit was great, included a lower intercooler pipe, and was a great price. From the dyno sheets by injen it produces about 10-15 more whp. Also you can get the upper intercooler pipe and mas pipe kit to complete the set up. (my next mod )

I bought it from gsc motorsports for a great price. I believe they have them in stock so you can get one right away.

pics:

Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

What kind of intercooler is this?

Originally Posted by Az3ar
Can you tell me what brand this is and the size of the core? Do you have and specifications on it?

Thanks
Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

This is a Tube & Fin intercooler isn't it?

Originally Posted by rsr14
I just put on the injen fmic on my car last weekend. The fit was great, included a lower intercooler pipe, and was a great price. From the dyno sheets by injen it produces about 10-15 more whp. Also you can get the upper intercooler pipe and mas pipe kit to complete the set up. (my next mod )

I bought it from gsc motorsports for a great price. I believe they have them in stock so you can get one right away.

pics:

I'm in the market for an intercooler, reading a lot of threads on the subject and learning a lot. After watching that video I'm sure I want to buy a Bar & Plate intercooler.

From looking at your pictures it seems like your intercooler is a Tube & Fin. Can you confirm if it is a Bar & Plate or Tube & Fin? Can you also list the size of the core so I can figure out it's surface area?

Thanks,
Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOSlayer
I'm in the market for an intercooler, reading a lot of threads on the subject and learning a lot. After watching that video I'm sure I want to buy a Bar & Plate intercooler.

From looking at your pictures it seems like your intercooler is a Tube & Fin. Can you confirm if it is a Bar & Plate or Tube & Fin? Can you also list the size of the core so I can figure out it's surface area?

Thanks,

The Injen IC is bar and plate and is hard to beat too
Old Feb 24, 2005, 09:00 AM
Evolving Member

P.S. Guys don't forget to let me know how much you paid for these I/C's!!!!!

Thanks a million!
Old Feb 24, 2005, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOSlayer
I am looking to get a fmic and I've been doing some research but, haven't been able to get much good info. I was wondering what you guys thought and why?

Can anyone tell me why a Bar & Plate is better than a Tube & Fin?

Why a Spearco BP is better or worse than AVO? or Perrin? or the Ebay core?

They are all about the same size... Right?

Is it just all about pricing and fitment? Is performance not a factor?

Has anyone out there owned more than one intercooler and can post a comparison?

ThnX!
I would say Turbo XS since it's bar and plate and supports the hp I want it to plus best of all it's cheap

Quick Reply: The Best Intercooler? & Why?