Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

The Best Intercooler? & Why?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2005, 02:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
check w/ talonrcr, i got a good deal on my turboxs. one note though, it's kind of heavy, a little harder to work with than stock, i would suggest an extra pair of hands or some wooden blocks when mounting and adjusting for fit.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 11:04 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much did you have to pay? What type of adjustments did you have to make and do you have a link?

Thanks!
Old Apr 14, 2005, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOSlayer
Az3ar, just wanted to let you know that I was looking into the Injen kit. It looks great, but its NOT a Bar and Plate. I looked them up on the web and called them direct. The rep told me that it was a Tube and Fin. He also told me that in order to install the kit I would have to cut my bumper cover at the bottom (not the undertray). He didn't know what the actual core size was and I didn't want to make him look so I ended up with only this information.

Thanks for the info but I'm leaning towards the Nisei intercooler when it comes out next month for $695.
some one installed the injen, and no need to cut!
Old Apr 14, 2005, 07:33 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Az3ar
This IC will fit not only like a glove it will fit like it was made from Mitsu. It's made to flow and designed by people who put time and effort making high end parts. This IC is not made for quantity it’s made for quality and I highly doubt that a big number will be produced. Trust me when you see it you will know the difference.
....any word on you intercooler? It appears to have the tabs to accept the under tray.