Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Got pulled over

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2005, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got pulled over

I got pulled over tonight for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. Last time was for my wing. This time for a couple things when he got to my window. This guy in a Nissan SER kept trying to get me to play with him. He kept slowing down then he'd speed up and cut me off. This happened about 4 times. I turned at the same place he did and when he tried to cut me off again I downshifted and went passed him because I was sick of it. A stock SER with big old chrome rims is not worth my time/gas. So next thing I know, the flashing lights were behind me. The cop came up to window and asked if I knew what exhibition of speed was. I told him yes, I did. He asked why I gunned it so I told him why and he responded with, "Well, should I go pull him over?" I wanted to say yes, but didn't want to **** anyone off. He then proceeded to tell me I wouldn't have a license if he gave me this ticket. He also told me my exhuast was illegal because it didn't have a certain number of bends in it and that he could hear that it didn't have X amount of bends in it (I have a Helix TB). I asked him to explain further but he wouldn't. He proceeded to look around my car and went back to car. When he got back he asked how long I've had my license for. So I told him since I was 17 (24 now) and he told me how an inexperienced driver such as my self should not be driving the way I did. I've been autocrossing and drag racing my cars (at the track of course) since before I got my license, when do I become experienced??? He also asked what I was doing around where I was at. I happened to be meeting my mom for dinner. I couldn't figure it out because my address on my license is 5 minutes from where I was. I live there and hang out around there. Where else would I be? The long and short is that he told me since I didn't try to argue anything he'd let me off with a warning, but he pissed me off none the less with his stupid comments and because I think the wing catches the eye of cops from 50 miles away. Good thing I start law school this fall.....

Sorry for the long story. I just had to vent... I feel better now
Old Feb 22, 2005, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

suxs to hear at least you got off
Old Feb 22, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Haha nice dude cops can be a pain, but oops im going to be one once I get done with going through the police academy in a few months. Not going to be a *****, but then again not gonna tolerate stupid s**t thats gonna get someone killed
Old Feb 22, 2005, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Evodreamer28
Haha nice dude cops can be a pain, but oops im going to be one once I get done with going through the police academy in a few months. Not going to be a *****, but then again not gonna tolerate stupid s**t thats gonna get someone killed
prolly why u dont drive an evo
Old Feb 22, 2005, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Derekj03
prolly why u dont drive an evo
wtf is your problem? at least the guy is cool about it
Old Feb 22, 2005, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GTKage
wtf is your problem? at least the guy is cool about it
i agree
but maybe it wasent meant to be ignorant
Old Feb 22, 2005, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Evodreamer28
Have you ever heard of a law that says there needs be a certain number of bends in an exhuast or was he making it up because it was loud? How can you hear how many bends there are in an exhaust?

I was in no way driving out of control. I don't even think I hit 50mph. My second gear grinds so when I shifted out of first, I went straight to third and never even got it to boost.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

The guy has a W avatar, and (scarily) uses better grammar than W.
He doesn't prevail in the grammar category by much, though.
Cops suck; that's the bottom line. (Wannabe cops suck harder.)
The one that let the initial poster go might've been an *** for asking the questions - but ultimately, he let him go.
I say - props to the cop - he could've smacked you up.
Old Feb 22, 2005, 08:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by troutfishin02
The guy has a W avatar, and (scarily) uses better grammar than W.
He doesn't prevail in the grammar category by much, though.
Cops suck; that's the bottom line. (Wannabe cops suck harder.)
The one that let the initial poster go might've been an *** for asking the questions - but ultimately, he let him go.
I say - props to the cop - he could've smacked you up.

dont hate on cops man, they are not all bad, they are like everyone else, there are good guys and bad guys. I am not a cop, i dont inspire to be one, but i still respect them, if they chose to be asses then it s another story, i have been pulled over many many times, even got arrested once because of reckless driving, and even after all that i don t hate them. peace and love my friend
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

It's a good thing you didn't get a ticket. What speed did he clock you at?
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldnt be pissed at all unless i got a ticket, its one thing to say you have an illegal exhaust, and its another to write you a ticket for it!
Old Feb 22, 2005, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by lil'evil_evo
It's a good thing you didn't get a ticket. What speed did he clock you at?
He didn't clock me at all. He said I was going between 30 and 50
Old Feb 23, 2005, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

I've never had a problem with my wing down here in Florida.

I've been pulled over once by a cop and another time by a cop I think going to work, rofl. He pulled me over in his Taurus or something and I asked him if he wanted me to pull over and he said no