Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Noob... from colorado, need some help..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2005, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Noob... from colorado, need some help..

Hey guys !

I'm a noob looking to buy a Evo. I found this site, and have found alot of good information here, most of what I have found out has helped me in my decision to go ahead and activly look for a new car. Here is my Delima, I live in Pueblo. For those of you that don't know, Pueblo is not a big town, nor is it plentiful with good cars to buy. I have found two different Evo's around the area. The first one is At spradley on hwy 50, it's a 2003 Evolution, "tarmac-Black" has 4635 miles on the clock. car also has a moonroof and tinted windows. From my research on the forums, I have found that the invoice in 2003 for this car is roughly $28.062 .. and they are asking 28K for the car. This seems a little too pricey for me.. The second on I found is a 2003 also and is at pikes peak acura in co. springs. They are asking $26,995 and is "Rally red" I have not seen this car in person yet, but the price seems to be more reasonably priced, however I don't know the mileage but I'm sure it's alittle more than 5k miles. can you guys please give me some input on what I should do. I have been searching these forums for too long, and have not yeilded too many answers to my question.. Thanks for your help, and sorry for the long first post..

$Bling$
Old Feb 23, 2005, 09:30 PM
Evolved Member

Check autotrader, cars.com, and the for sale section in this site. Avoid ebay unless you check it out before you bid. My recommendation is not to rush into it, find the one you like, for the price you like even more. Took me 2 months but I found mine.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 09:33 PM

I found the "rally Red" on Autotrader, and that site has been my friend for the last couple weeks. I know it's impossible to buy a car this expensive on Ebay, so I will stay away for there.. I will also keep an eye open in the for sale fourm, I just have a 2002 Merceds I have to get off my hands first, that's why I want to go through a dealership... Thanks for your imput

Bling$
Old Feb 23, 2005, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigjhoney
Check autotrader, cars.com, and the for sale section in this site. Avoid ebay unless you check it out before you bid. My recommendation is not to rush into it, find the one you like, for the price you like even more. Took me 2 months but I found mine.
What he said. Take your time in finding one with the right price, you can always make a road trip it would be fun driving it back home. I paid a little over 26k for mine ('03 Apex Silver) in April '04 with 4,000 miles on it.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

plenty of evos fs on here have fun
Old Feb 23, 2005, 10:09 PM
Evolved Member

Also dont forget, in some areas evo's will cost more than others. California is loaded with them, when I was looking for one in my area mine was among 1 of the 4 i found in 2 months. Supply and demand.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Just for a frame of reference, I bought my '03 Rally Red with the same options (sticker was $30,812) used in July of 2004 with 8K on it for $23,000 out the door. Just the other day I saw an '03 Rally Red with 5K on it go for $21K at auction and is being sold for $23.5K at the dealership. Keep your eyes open and also a willingness to travel can't hurt. Plus, by the time you make the 1000 mile trip back to your house, you have a good start on "knowing" the car.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 11:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bigjhoney
Yes autotrader.com but if i were u i would really think hard about getting a used Evo cuz i dont care what says u never know what someone did with that $hit! Rule of thumb for me, never buy a used turbo car! Just my .02 but if u cant afford a new one or get a new one then check autotrader or go for the red one.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by k.lowe
plenty of evos fs on here have fun

yeah really good deals too, and shipping doesnt cost too much
Old Feb 24, 2005, 02:25 AM
Evolved Member

i saved 4k buying in cali instead of hawaii, and i got my 05 before the dealer did. Be patient and negotiate. spending 28k isn't too bad, just don't forget for 05, in order to get hid and moonroof, you need to get ssl package which is $34250.00 If 28k was my absolute budget, i would probably get an STi!!!!, no seriously. but it's a good thing i could afford more....
Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

You need to expand your search up into Denver. It's not that far of a drive to get a better deal.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 09:17 PM

Yeah, keep looking, on this site and elsewhere on the net. I bought two used EVOs, one with 800 miles from Texas and another with 5 miles on it that was sold at auction here in Denver after someone stole the wing and seats out of it. The amse thing happened to the one I bought in Texas--someone stole the seats out which is like a $7000 insurance claim, but you can find lightly used seats for less than $1000 on this site. I found both on the web, one on this site, and both turned out to be pretty much perfect, like new, unmodded cars. I checked out the dealer in C. Springs but they really marked them up when they first came out. Now there are several used ones around, both on lots and for sale by owner here in the Springs. Plenty out there for $25k or less, with low miles.