Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

GT4 MR renders..

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Those are great pics.

OT The brake dive is hidious. And I can't find my GT3 memory card so I have to start from the bottom.
Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

hey is there some option where u can save it to a thumb drive or did u just take em from the browser? how did u get those pics on the thumb drive?
Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
Pics are nice...

OT...
Is it just me, or does the MR in GT4 push WAY more than a real one. It exhibits way to much dive under braking also. I was pretty happy with the handling of the Evos in GT3, but after two days and all the suspension mods, I still hate the handling of the GT4 MR no matter what I do. If my real Evo handled that poorly, I'd have already sold it by now.
I definitely agree, it just gets all out of shape when I try to brake. It gets way out of hand when I try to run it extra hard on the Nurburgring track!!!!

Also very nice photos, I didn't even know you could do that. By the way are those Volks TE37s on the Evo?
Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:29 PM
Evolving Member

lol ... rim call... anyways have you guys noticed that there is nos now? yeah i got that on the evo... and you can use it all through 1st gear to 6th!!!!
Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

oh and by the way... IMO that evo mr emblem is prob the best looking one so far that i have seen... is that the jdm one?
Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:40 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DrEvo
I definitely agree, it just gets all out of shape when I try to brake. It gets way out of hand when I try to run it extra hard on the Nurburgring track!!!!

Also very nice photos, I didn't even know you could do that. By the way are those Volks TE37s on the Evo?
Speaking of that track... On the first try I ****ing wiped out on the IA license right before the finish line. DAMN IT! I was stuffed so far up the pace cars tail pipe for 9 mins that I thought this old man was going to have a nervous break down... then I ate it for no apparent reason... I about came freakin' unglued!
Old Feb 24, 2005, 08:41 PM
EvoM Guru

Nice pics!

what's everyones best lap times around The Ring? I got a stock EVO6TME (standard tires no mods) down to a 7:56 so far in Gran Turismo mode. In the arcade mode the Opal Astra DTM car is a must drive (6:33 so far). No driver aids on either. The EVO 6 handles way way better than the MR , what is that all about
Old Feb 24, 2005, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

Damn, now I have to buy a PlayStation!
Old Feb 25, 2005, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

I have to agree

The Brake dive was totally unexpected, but as you say if you've played GT 3 long enough suddenly going to GT 4 feels weird, Even driving familiar tracks like Laguna seca, although the turns are all the same it almost looks like a different track cause of the rendering of the scenery, just takes a little getting used to.
overall very pleased with the graphics etc.
Gran turismo series was the reason why I got a PS in the first place, then when the PS2 and the Xbox came out around the same time, I liked Sony's products so got a PS2, even though I don't use the backward capability anymore.
Favourite games are GT 3 & 4, Ace combat 4 & 5 and Metal gear solid 2 & 3
Old Feb 25, 2005, 06:37 AM

Thumbs up

To answer the thumb drive questions, you have to go to a track that allows Photo mode as well as B-spec mode. When taking pictures you simply save them to your memory card. Editing features are great. Zoom, aspect ratios, the whole nine. After you're done with your pics, you go back to your garage and enter the photo mode. There you can edit/delete your pics as well as save them to a USB drive.
I've been loosing alot of sleep myself with this game.
Here's a tip,
Get a second memory card, load the game with your new blank card in slot 1. It will start normally and only give you $10k. Have your second card with your saved GT3 data in slot 2. Now you go to your garage and transfer your licenses and $100k from slot 2 over to slot 1's card. This way, you can have both cards with $110k cash and A & B licenses. In essence, two seperate garages from which to buy more cars from the beginning. Technically, the more memory cards you have, the more different garages you can start with. Only downside is, it knocks $100k each time from your old saved GT3 memory card. It's best to have the cheet on your GT3 card where you have over $100 mil.
This game definately rocks. I do have to agree about the MRs handling, it's definately way different than my MR. Wonder if the JDM '04 MR has the Bilsteins like the US MR? I did notice it said this is an '04 MR, pre- Vortex Gens I'm assuming.
HTH
Patrick
Old Feb 25, 2005, 06:51 AM
Account Disabled

do you guys use the steering wheel while playing GT4 ? I was against it but now my lap times are dropping as i get better with the wheel.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 07:01 AM

Man! I was convinced I could live without this game for a few months. Now, I'm afraid my 900 degree GT force steering wheel is calling for this game. Guess I'll go by it! To please the wheel you know.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Sweet
Old Feb 25, 2005, 07:48 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DaveJustDave,

Sorry we bastardized your thread... the pics do look good. I can't wait to see what all you "real" photographers come up with.

...but to keep doing it...

It's all in the weight ballast with the MR... I finally got the damn car to quit pushing so hard. 35lbs of ballast at about -35. I'm still working it out, but it is a world of difference with my setup.

Oh, after throwing a fit for wrecking out just before the finish line my first try, the second try (second time every navigating "The Ring") I got the IA license with a poor 9:17:xx. Hey, I'd never driven it before.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by chronohunter
Nice pics!

what's everyones best lap times around The Ring? I got a stock EVO6TME (standard tires no mods) down to a 7:56 so far in Gran Turismo mode. In the arcade mode the Opal Astra DTM car is a must drive (6:33 so far). No driver aids on either. The EVO 6 handles way way better than the MR , what is that all about
Hey Paul,

First thing I did in the game was do the ring! Haven't you drivin that a few times before?

Oh yea, my first time with the Evo 8 MR was 8:35:xx But I have it down to a 8:12:xx Think I can break the 7 min mark?

Terry S

Quick Reply: GT4 MR renders..