Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

425hp STI with warranty - where is EVO equivalent

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:26 AM
ACM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any time you consider Bitish prices you need to remember that the price includes all the Sales taxes.

That's 25% Car Tax and then about 17% VAT on top of that - really, you get to pay 17% VAT on your 25% Car Tax...

Where's Guy Fawkes when you need him ?

Charles
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I dont really understand why people say the STI interior is better than the Evo. Its not even all that IMO
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Who would let their local suby dealer do warrenty work on that car? I sure as hell wouldn't.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ACM
Any time you consider Bitish prices you need to remember that the price includes all the Sales taxes.

That's 25% Car Tax and then about 17% VAT on top of that - really, you get to pay 17% VAT on your 25% Car Tax...

Charles
Usually the $ price is 115 % to 130 % higher than the pound price. That is if the car cost 28,000 pounds in the UK, the US equivalent will cost between $32,200 to $36,400.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

interior looks better than that baby blue but the stripes would definitely have to go.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 01:14 PM

The limited edition sti will be coming out very shortly. I can say this because I was very heavy in the subaru secene. I can tell you that the limited edition sti will have a custom made 25g turbo that is being made by a company called TEC in Golden Colorado. As far as I understood it a lot of the esx sti's have already been presold and chances of seeing one are going to be slim to none. Now are we going to see a bunch of replica's flying around. Yes we will I have a few freinds that already want to exs in Cali to get their car to perform like the esx sti (minus the paint job). As in the warany issue I don't know who is going to cover it but it will have a warranty.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

What is a lot, 10 or so? My point is that the ESX is nothing special, honestly would it make an EVO owner jump ship, no, because Mitsubishi could do the same thing with the EVO if they wanted to, and have already done this. When Subaru blows Mitsubishi away with innovbated technology or a stock 4 cylinder that can hold almost 450WHP then we will talk.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 02:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xtnct
Not too fond of the interior and exterior styling (I'd actually request that they wouldn't screw up my stock paint job and interior if I'm going to be paying mid $40K for it), but it could be nice for some to have 425hp with full warranty and be 50 state legal.... (and yes, we all know one can just buy the same upgrades for 1/2 the price)

http://turbomagazine.com/features/05...sti/index.html

But the question is, where is the EVO competition in this category? (let's not turn this thread into Mitsu warranty worthness and bashing - ok)
what happened to the snapping of the drive axels????? supposidly they snap in two over 350 hp......

1.) i rather buy an S4/MR
2.) the interior is quite gh3y, hate the wheel, and the seats, the stripe is stupid, and no matter which way you look at it, that car CAN and WILL understeer ever chance it gets. Meaning Mitsubishi knows they dont need to make a car yet because they know its just going to suck. either that or they dont know who to contract with to make s.e. cars....personally, the sti is a pos and i would never own one for any other factor other than the looks, its gorgeous.....but it sucks...

Top gear tested the Evo8, FQ-320, STi and STi W1. the STi got like 1:29 and the W1 got i think 1:28...the base Evo ran the track in 1:27 and the FQ in 1:26.......sooo all i have to say is that has Subaru by the *****
Old Mar 11, 2005, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by 3000ways
What is a lot, 10 or so? My point is that the ESX is nothing special, honestly would it make an EVO owner jump ship, no, because Mitsubishi could do the same thing with the EVO if they wanted to, and have already done this. When Subaru blows Mitsubishi away with innovbated technology or a stock 4 cylinder that can hold almost 450WHP then we will talk.
I never said esx is anything special and I never said subaru is better than mitsu their is a reason that I sold my stage 4 sti and now drive a bone stock evo (for now). I simply stated what I knew and never said evo owners need to jump ship. How many is a lot let me put it to you this way when you finally here that the esx sti is released try and find one let me know what luck that you have. So as far as I am concerned we have nothing to talk about
Old Mar 12, 2005, 07:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ACM

Charles
Are you saying Americans DON'T ever need to pay British taxes if buying their product?

People have also forgotten: what about importation and gas guzzling tax to come on US soil? The FQ400 might as well cost as much as the "defunct" Motorex Skylines.
Old Mar 13, 2005, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

TEC makes some damn good turbo's, I've seen some wicked Sube's sporting their stuff. And I believe was my04rs has to say, the guy was a dedicated Suby nut and it was sad to see his car go. But thankfully he saw the light that is 4G63 lol. I'm happy to know the only other WW 04 RS in my area belongs to him.