Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

F*** Fresno Mitsu of California

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2005, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F*** Fresno Mitsu of California

so i went down to Fresno Mitsu of Norhtern California to get my T/C checked and see if they cover it under warranty. so first off, they take it for a test drivbe, come back and i smell burnt clutch standin 7ft away from my car. he then scrapes my bumper infront of me (lowered on S techs) so then he takes it up on the lift while revving my car inside the bay so i stick my head into the bay to watch if he does anytihng else stupid and the service guy who wrote up my service comes over and acts like an *** and says i cant be in there in a bad tone and shuts the door in my face as im telling him im looking cuz this guy is revving the crap outta my car and burning my clutch (aftermarket). So whatever... i wait and watch them work on it from a distance. he then comes over and says theres no fluid in the trc. its just thick goo (dark greyish), so i told him only person whoever touched that car is mitsu and he says well its empty and i dont see why cuz i filled it like 2 mon ago. well then they tell me they cant cover it cuz i drove it on Empty when i told him its been doing that for like a year when the TC was filled up atleast 3-4 times and topped off. anyways, i say F it cuz i already have a T/C. so he fills up my TC to the proper amount and drops the car down. prior to all this, at the service desk, he tells me theyre gonna look at the TC, replace fan controller, and i asked him to check the reverse lamp switch cuz its not working so he says ok and i told him to warn me of any charges i may occur ahead of time. and he said ok cuz i didnt want any surprise charges. Anyways...they wash my car for me and bring it out. the service guy comes out and says that the estimate for new TC and labor is like 3600. screw that. thats a rip off cuz he says its 88/hr and it'll take 8hrs so thats around 700 or so+ the price quote on a TC is 2200. So i say screw that gimme my car and i'll go. i then walk into the office and theres a bill for labor charge. and i told him wtf? i told u to tell me if theres any charges and he says well when u signed u said u would pay just incase it wasnt covered under warranty. i told him but u didnt tell me crap like that (its been over a year since i've been to dealership) so i said u know what f**k this gimme the stupid bill and i left pissed as hell that i paid $44 for a car wash. I was gonna use that $44 for gear/tranny oils. i know its not that much $$ but its the principle that he didnt do what i told him and i got what i didnt want...." a suprise charge". he said they would check it out for me no problem. i hate that ******. his name is Adam, i'm sure someone knows him on here and i will never talk to him again. they had 2 awards at their desk i felt like throwing them at his face.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

o ya and they never checked my reverse lamps so i asked adam and he says i have to pay $36 just to have it checked. i told him but i told u to check it and u said ok, and he says well its $36.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

just for scraping the car and smelling the clutch i would have had the bastard fired
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

anyway to complain to the person in charge?
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolving Member

You should try Selma Mitsu. I've heard that they are better there. One question, do you go to Fresno State? I usually see a Silver EVO at the Peter's Building/Save Mart parking lot

Eric
Old Feb 25, 2005, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

I'm sorry to hear that about Adam (Bonilla?). I brought my '03 Eclipse in there a month ago because the paint on the hood and the roof is already oxidizing. He took some pictures and got back to me a few days later syaing that Mitsu will have the hood and roof repainted free of charge. I thought he was very courteous and professional. I guess he must have been having a bad day. No excuse,though, for that kind of lousy customer service. Makes me wonder if Mitsu service managers are suspicious of all Evo owners.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 12:06 PM
Evolving Member

You know what... why didn't you sit on the passanger seat when they take it for the test drive to make sure they dont do anything stupid
Old Feb 25, 2005, 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

yea...i was planning to sit in the passenger seat, but i went to the restroom, came back out and my buddies said the guy left to test drive the car and he had scraped by front end BEFORe and AFTEr the test drive. and they heard him riding on the clutch the entire time he was leaving the lot. and i heard it when he was coming back in too. No, i do not attend Fresno State. But i've been to Fresno City college a couple of tiems and seen a WW evo there. Anyways, that made my day at Fresno Mitsu. That Adam guy pissed me tha hell off. First he shuts the door in my face telling me i cant be in there AS im telling him that i'm only sticking my head in cuz this guy's revving my car to hell and stalled twice. I mean this guy's revving it enough that my turbo spools and u can hear my SSQ blow off about 3x within 3-4 feet of driving. Then i see my service paper and he didnt write the reverse lamp issue down and wants to charge me later for it, then he quotes me an overcharge of a TC order and service, then he DOESNT do what i ask and tell me about the "surprise charges" that i occurred. I will try Selma Mitsu next time. Screw FRESNO MITSU. A freakin $44 car wash! what tha hell is that!? o ya the other day some BBY evo pulled up in there. he had a GFB stealth FX bov. wonder if its someone from here. i heard he used to work there.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
another crappy dealership
Old Feb 25, 2005, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

yes, exactly! CAUTION: DO NOT GO TO FRESNO MITSUBISHI UNLESS U WANT SERVICE LIKE THIS. Oh yea the salesman inside was clueless about evos, my friend was messing with him so he told the salesman that he needed new muffler bearings and wanted to know how big the 2nd turbo on the evo was and the salesman said he'd find out for him. Also hes the one that called the upper IC piping, a short ram intake and the upper strut bar creates downforce at high speeds.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 01:39 AM

Sorry for your bad experience man. I wonder if you wanna write a complaint letter to the owner or to mitsu. I'm sure a lot of people on this forum would wanna sign the letter. I suppose 100 people or so signing a letter to boycott a particular dealer might mean something to mitsu or the owner of the dealership?
Old Feb 26, 2005, 08:25 AM
RT
Evolving Member

It’s really too bad that people are always so willing to believe every negative thing they read on the Internet. Adam is a good guy and Fresno Mitsu is a good dealership. They work hard and take good care of the customers. I’ve done business with them from the time they took over the Mitsu deal till now and have always received good service.

Never once has the parts department not delivered as promised. Never once have we heard any complaints about the fact we race the car. Never once has there ever been any question about our warranty status.

This is nothing more than a limp wrist’d attempt by a cry baby to smear someone on the internet.

Admins, you will be hearing from the dealership, I strongly urge you to lock this thread. Enough bull****.

Old Feb 26, 2005, 08:37 AM
Evolving Member

When my dealership wanted to test drive my car I told the guy he could sit shotgun while I drove it for him. That's my baby and no one will ever drive it but me. EVER. If what you say is true, I agree with you 100% but you should have said something to management. I watched them drive my car up on the lift and bring it down. I even followed them to wash it. Don't ever hesitate to get a manager if you're not satisfied with their service.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jude
When my dealership wanted to test drive my car I told the guy he could sit shotgun while I drove it for him. That's my baby and no one will ever drive it but me. EVER. If what you say is true, I agree with you 100% but you should have said something to management. I watched them drive my car up on the lift and bring it down. I even followed them to wash it. Don't ever hesitate to get a manager if you're not satisfied with their service.
+1 managerswill allow yout to do this with consent.i do the same thin with mine whenever im at the delarship but they have been good to my evo and and to me

they usually send you a survey after you visit a dealership afterbeing serviced maybe you can voice out your opinion there also.
Old Feb 26, 2005, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

use it as a lesson learned. you got duped. i've got duped. we've all been duped.

just don't let it happen again.

Quick Reply: F*** Fresno Mitsu of California