Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Crashed my Evo

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2005, 09:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good luck getting it fixed, go with an aftermarket bumper, great idea!
Old Feb 27, 2005, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

by the time i convince my self that i want to upgrade to the evo, insurance rates will be soooo high because of all the crashes
Old Feb 27, 2005, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

the funny thing is that most of them arent the evo drivers fault.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Forget the aftermarket bumpers. They're all ugly, of low quality, and your car doesn't need to pretend it's something better, since it already IS the car that others pretend to be...
Old Feb 27, 2005, 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Good to hear it wasn't a serious accident, everybody's fine, and your Evo is still running. Maybe now's a good time to get an aftermarket bumper? Does insurance allow that?
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:01 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear that man
Old Feb 27, 2005, 10:23 PM
Account Disabled

I feel your pain man, I've been there before. But I gotta say this is the perfect time to upgrade!
Last time I checked a stock Evo bumper costs around $800 (including the mesh and what not , but not including the undertray- thats only a $40 piece) and the stock intercooler goes for around $750 (I believe you could get a nice aftermarket IC for that price new or slightly used)
Did you damage the headlights at all? I wish you all the luck on getting you baby back on the road, and who knows, it may come out better than before!
Old Feb 28, 2005, 01:00 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fourdoor
If the New Zeland bumper is the same as the one we get in the US even a minor impact on the front means your FMIC is probably trashed. For me the Buschur Racing FMIC was the same price as a new stock FMIC from Mitsu, so the shop didn't have a problem with getting the Buschur Racing unit instead of the stock one. Hope your shop is the same way about it.

Keith
Our bumpers down here don't have big bumper reinforces like you guys do so we get more damage from a frontal collision.

Don't feel too bad DCD, someone didn't give way to my parents in their evo8 and smashed into the back rear quarter panel, damaging the suspension and scuffing the wheel.
Had to get a new skin welded on, new suspension arms and a new wheel. Does look like it came out of the factory though as the panel beaters did a really awesome job.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 01:04 AM

Unhappy

sorry to hear that ,how fast were you driving? is your turbo ok?
Old Feb 28, 2005, 01:07 AM
Evolving Member

sad to hear an evo going down, al least it wasnt ur fault.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 06:15 AM

Unhappy

I got into an accident about a year ago with my Evo. Like other cars, I lost control during a rainy day on the highway going about 60 mph into the guard rail. It seems like there was alot of accidents going on at that one spot, alot of cars lose control there and hit the same guard rail. I was in a worse situation. Total up to about 8 g's worth of damage. My insurance step went up by 5 points, the body shop mess up on my body work. He basically just hacked through the whole body work. My front and rear bumper covers came out brighter than the body itself, he didn't fix the alignment. Instead of welding my quarter panel, he used some sort of glue. I gave him my trust, and I guess he put me down. I didn't bother bringing my car back to him, who knows he might paint over my tail lights, so I had another shop fix it with my own money.

Last edited by oldschool; Feb 28, 2005 at 07:40 AM.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

It a bummer. My front was damaged also. What a nightmare. it took my body shop almost 2 months to fix it. Not sure if they dident know what they were doing or what. All in all it is fixed now with a new raidator, FMIC, and a CF hood. Now the clutch is slipping. one thing after another. Soon I'll need new tires, then breaks and on and on and on. I wish I had more money. Best of luck!!
Old Feb 28, 2005, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

when i get hit..id would just ask them to write me a check or pay me cash... not to alarm the police or insurance.. their insurance wont go up...mine neither and i got get whatever i want with the money...maybe aftermarket parts and go on my merry way
Old Feb 28, 2005, 01:02 PM
DCD
Evolving Member

Hey all I went into the panelbeaters today and there is actually very very extensive damage. Whole front bumper is a write off, it actually has a large hole punched in it from his towbar, and is broken in half in the middle. Intercooler is poked, radiator is wasted, oil cooler as well. All the brackets and supports in the front are pushed in, bonnet needs to be repainted. All up its probably going to be about 10G+ (NZD) and the car will be off the road for a long time depending on parts availability etc.

Also asked about aftermarket parts to replace, not in NZ unfortunatly...
Insurance companies insist on taking the car back to what it was.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
yeah im glad i dont have a fmic. sorry to hear that azz ***ed up ur car man best of luck to ya. and im sure hes gona be high risk from now on casing 10k in damage LOL.

Quick Reply: Crashed my Evo