Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2nd WRX vs. EVO Shootout set for Apirl 15, 2005 - Norwalk, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2005, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1.Dynoflash
2.Kuba23
3.dryad001
4.Hotshot940
5. Gnv Motorsports ( steveevo8 and GFX )
6.Derekj03

Ill be there with a video camera and my digital.
I hope i dont blow up my clutch and have to camp out near buschur racing. lol
im hoping to run 12.4's.... after my reflash... hope is the key word ha
Old Mar 24, 2005, 04:45 AM

You can count me in, i will be there for sure. I used to own a WRX now i will be representing the EVO's.
Hopefully this will be a huge turn out cuz im driving out there from IL. --Eric--
Old Mar 24, 2005, 05:25 AM
Account Disabled

TOYO TIRES added as sponsor - free tires for winners
Old Mar 24, 2005, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Ok, don't get me wrong both Ohio and New Jersey are legit places to hold a major event like EVO vs. WRX/STi especially when they are looked at regionally, but why is California ignored as a potential site. It really makes no sense to me especially since the largest concentration of EVOs by a good margin is in the West, I literally see two to three EVOs a day and that is not counting the three that are from my neighborhood.

California Speedway holds street legal drags from time to time and EVOs are the most prolific imports (other than Hondas) there every single time. One street legal drag event for example (nothing special just a regular test and tune), and there were approx. 10-15 EVOs racing and the EVOs even outnumbered LS1 Camaros and SRT-4s. Imagine how many EVOs would show up to a major sponsored event and advertised event in Southern California. Also most of the media is already here in California- D-Sport Magazine is in California, Sport Compact Car is in California, Super Street is in California, Import Tuner is in California, Turbo magazine is in California and the list goes on and on.

This just doesn't make any sense, the area with the largest concentration of EVOs, one of the largest concentration of people in the WORLD, and the area with the largest concentration of media and sponsors is ignored? Southern California is set to open a brand new drag racing facility called Mopar Drag City, I would hope that possibly one day the EVO vs. WRX/STi event could be held there or at California Speedway? This event could pull in EVOs not only from California, but from AZ, OR, WA, TX, NV, and CO, regionally there is no place that comes close to matching the Concentration of EVOs as here.

I'm not saying that events like this should not be held in Ohio and New Jersey, what I am saying is that California should not be ignored. From a business stand point it really is dumb, and major east coast tuners would be wise to try to promote their company in a region where they could possibly make a lot more money, are you content with Vishnu's monopoly in the West? Al and Jeff, your missing out on a golden opportunity in California, for there is no place in the country where the car is king like it is California. No other place could promote the EVO like California, and in the long run this would help all in the EVO community, even help Mitsubishi out with sales.

Al, Dave, and Jeff you guys are major tuners in the EVO community, and an event like this promoted by you guys in the West would be huge, I do not understand why you guys wouldn't try harder to spread your company to an area where you could possibly make the most money?

Please do not write me off, I do not own an EVO now but I promise you this I will one day be one of your customers, or atleast I would like too, but it only seems like my options are Vishnu (or maybe RNR). There are hundreds and hundreds of other future EVO owners like me, a guy in my neigborhood just bought a brand new White EVO (I'm so jealous), and I asked him if he planned to mod, he said yes Vishnu Staged Upgrade, but he said the price was kind of high. I asked him what about Dynoflash and he said, "Who?"

http://www.drag-city.com/

Last edited by 3000ways; Mar 24, 2005 at 07:26 AM.
Old Mar 24, 2005, 09:21 PM
Evolved Member

I'm coming, took leave for this. I may not be the fastest but to line up against my buddy with his FP Green turbod STI and beat him would be sweet!. Especially since he out ranks me (military representing ) and we work together, can you say office bragging rights for a whole year .

1.Dynoflash
2.Kuba23
3.dryad001
4.Hotshot940
5. Gnv Motorsports ( steveevo8 and GFX )
6.Derekj03
7.Invoice EVO
Old Mar 24, 2005, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
why this event is happening on Friday and not Saturday or Sunday ????????????
Old Mar 25, 2005, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

I'm in. Already scheduled time off for work. Got a pet sitter for the dog.(retired racing greyhound) faster than me in the qtr, dammit.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

I need toget my advans put on and get a reflash asap..... I curious how many evos will be there... I hardly ever see them around Mi.
Old Mar 26, 2005, 10:38 AM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
I will for sure be there....hopefully the second evo build will be done in time! Either way i am sure my old evo will be there laying some smack down!
Old Mar 29, 2005, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

I'm going for sure. Also any guys from chicago or the chicagoland area who are going do you guys want ride up there together? I know for sure that my and one of my friends with a dsm, and possilbly some more dsms and evos are heading out the night before. So if you guys are interested in going in big group let me know.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

wish i can make it.. too far away.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 04:34 PM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=redevo58]Also any guys from chicago or the chicagoland area who are going do you guys want ride up there together?QUOTE]

We have a decent group going, but don't know if we will be leaving the night before or early that morning. I have to check on what nights my neighbor booked the rooms for. A few evos, galant vr-4 and possibly a talon or two
Old Mar 29, 2005, 05:22 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Bexa20
why this event is happening on Friday and not Saturday or Sunday ????????????
B/C that is the day we have the track rented and all to ourselves

There is a car show / meet at Buschur Racing the day after on Saturday
Old Mar 29, 2005, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

southsideitalia just let me know whats up. I have a night class and a test that thursday, so as soon as i finish my test we were thinking about leaving. should be around 6 or so. If not then maybe we can all ride back together.
Old Mar 29, 2005, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

also where did your neighbor rent the rooms at? can you give me the # so i can also set something up there if they have rooms available.

Quick Reply: 2nd WRX vs. EVO Shootout set for Apirl 15, 2005 - Norwalk, Ohio