Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2nd WRX vs. EVO Shootout set for Apirl 15, 2005 - Norwalk, Ohio

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2005, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
On the NOS fire point. If the NOS was leaking then there is no way they are going to get the fire out easily and it will spread quickly, which it appears to have done.
A lot of the time the fire crew is at the run off area (for good reason) and not up near the staging lanes. Yes they should have gotten there sooner but if a car fire is bad enough they will sometimes let it burn out before attempting to put it out. The car is already a loss at that point and their only concern is eveyones safety.

That really sucks for the owner and I am sure the driver feels bad, even though it wasn't his fault. It sounds like it was a tuner shop car so at least some guy probably isn't walking to work on Monday. Very sad to see a nice car burn.
Old Apr 16, 2005, 06:00 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That car was leaking fuel. Nitrous does not come spilling out of the back of a car on fire. Nitrous will only add oxygen to an existing fire, but it will not engulf an entire car in flames that quickly like fuel will. Unfortunatly as bad as that thing burned, noone will know what caused it. My guess would be that something happened with the nitrous/fuel lines or rails and cause fuel and possibly nitrious also to leak. Very sorry for the owners of that car as it is a TOTAL loss. The headwind at the track just made that thing burn so fast there was no putting it out.

Other than that the weekend was great, especially for us and the mitsu crowd. I ran my best of 11.293 at 122.90 mph in my daily driven Galant. Eric Gaudi ran his best of 10.80 at 136 in his daily talon, and the shop evo made some very good passes as well.

Thanks for everyone that attended, we all had fun.

Eric
Old Apr 16, 2005, 09:08 PM

Thumbs up

It was a very good event. Congrats to AMS on their good runs and 2nd and 3rd place finishes in Mitsu Quick 8. Congrats to Curt Brown and crew for setting the new stock turbo record. Awesome job guys. I definately feel for the owner and crew of the car that burned. My heart goes out to you guys. I was very suprised that out of all of the Subies that showed up, only two decided to run in the heads up EVO/WRX class. Only thing I can say to the Subie owners out there is, everyone stands a chance in heads up Pro tree racing. There were plenty of quick enough Subies there to make it a better race than what happend. I feel fortunate that out of the two that did race, I got the chance to race one of them and it was the closest race I've had in a long time. I ran against the silver WRX wagon in round 1. There was probably only about 8-10 inches between our two cars' front tires crossing the line. Talk about a good feeling when your win light comes on in your lane. YES!!
Anywho, it was a great event with perfect weather. Big ups to Buschur Racing for putting on this event.
Patrick
Old Apr 17, 2005, 07:43 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by RUQWKNF
It was a very good event. Congrats to AMS on their good runs and 2nd and 3rd place finishes in Mitsu Quick 8. Congrats to Curt Brown and crew for setting the new stock turbo record. Awesome job guys. I definately feel for the owner and crew of the car that burned. My heart goes out to you guys. I was very suprised that out of all of the Subies that showed up, only two decided to run in the heads up EVO/WRX class. Only thing I can say to the Subie owners out there is, everyone stands a chance in heads up Pro tree racing. There were plenty of quick enough Subies there to make it a better race than what happend. I feel fortunate that out of the two that did race, I got the chance to race one of them and it was the closest race I've had in a long time. I ran against the silver WRX wagon in round 1. There was probably only about 8-10 inches between our two cars' front tires crossing the line. Talk about a good feeling when your win light comes on in your lane. YES!!
Anywho, it was a great event with perfect weather. Big ups to Buschur Racing for putting on this event.
Patrick
DYNO FLASH ????????????? (Event winner )?? Mention ???

I see that in the posts you have been making about this event - you mention AMS, Curt Brown (both who lost) and David Bschur who is a great guy. However - you dont mention the fact that I won the race. I always like it when I am ommited from reference as winning the event (sarcastic) - especially by someone who's parts I use (injectors and turbo). Maybe in my next magazine article I will ommit reference of your parts ?? I did not even get or ask for anything for free from you guys - I paid for it all. It bothers me to see a compnay who I have plug in my magzine articles skip over me when talking about an event that I won. A lot of hard work and sweat goes into this racing effort and its nice to revieve credit when you win. I can not believe that you would ask me to put your stickers on my car and then diss me by giving props to all the guys who lost the race.

I'll call Harry about this on Monday to see if this addiude about me is reflected in the rest of the comapny - which would be a great disappointment for me.

BTW - as for your complaint about the race - the announcer clearly said "IF YOU WIN YOUR ROUND IN ELIMINATIONS OR WRX vs. EVO COME RIGHT BACK TO THE STAGING LANES" Maybe you were not listening - BUT - that is what was said - CLEARLY - I heard it. I dont know why you would stop for your time slip - you could always get it at the end of the day. I dont think you should blame the track - it seems to me like your mistake.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
You're clearly upset Al, posting this in two threads that I've seen anyway.

For those of us ignorant observers we don't even know who "RUQWKNF" is - says he's a newbie, that's about it. I rather thought it was just one of us lurking through the threads with some hearty congratulations.

You say you won "the race". Which race? I have yet to see any organized reporting of any results.

Coming here to quantitatively analyze and review results is very frustrating because there is NOTHING but heresay so far.

I'm sorry you felt slighted enough to have to post this. However, I think there also is a large number of other folks who would like a mention of their efforts at this event.

If I'm wrong and anyone can point me to actual, formal, final results I'd greatly appreciate it.

To everyone who participated: thanks! Please let us all know how you did, what you're running, what you'd do differently and what really worked well.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DynoFlash

I see that in the posts you have been making about this event - you mention AMS, Curt Brown (both who lost) and David Bschur who is a great guy. However - you dont mention the fact that I won the race. I always like it when I am ommited from reference as winning the event (sarcastic) - especially by someone who's parts I use (injectors and turbo). Maybe in my next magazine article I will ommit reference of your parts ?? I did not even get or ask for anything for free from you guys - I paid for it all. It bothers me to see a compnay who I have plug in my magzine articles skip over me when talking about an event that I won. A lot of hard work and sweat goes into this racing effort and its nice to revieve credit when you win. I can not believe that you would ask me to put your stickers on my car and then diss me by giving props to all the guys who lost the race.

I'll call Harry about this on Monday to see if this addiude about me is reflected in the rest of the comapny - which would be a great disappointment for me.

BTW - as for your complaint about the race - the announcer clearly said "IF YOU WIN YOUR ROUND IN ELIMINATIONS OR WRX vs. EVO COME RIGHT BACK TO THE STAGING LANES" Maybe you were not listening - BUT - that is what was said - CLEARLY - I heard it. I dont know why you would stop for your time slip - you could always get it at the end of the day. I dont think you should blame the track - it seems to me like your mistake.

whats your address.....i will send you some tissue.....STOP CRYING!!! i hate how people build these cars for the "fame" dont you build it for you not what other people think......thats just how i feel....what else should i expect your one of those guys who jumped on the 4g63 bandwagon when the evo came out...
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KazzEvo8
You're clearly upset Al, posting this in two threads that I've seen anyway.

For those of us ignorant observers we don't even know who "RUQWKNF" is - says he's a newbie, that's about it. I rather thought it was just one of us lurking through the threads with some hearty congratulations.

You say you won "the race". Which race? I have yet to see any organized reporting of any results.

Coming here to quantitatively analyze and review results is very frustrating because there is NOTHING but heresay so far.

I'm sorry you felt slighted enough to have to post this. However, I think there also is a large number of other folks who would like a mention of their efforts at this event.

If I'm wrong and anyone can point me to actual, formal, final results I'd greatly appreciate it.

To everyone who participated: thanks! Please let us all know how you did, what you're running, what you'd do differently and what really worked well.
I agree, last year there was a specific post listing the times, the winners, car make model year etc, and all the stuff.
Old Apr 17, 2005, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gsnt
That car was leaking fuel. Nitrous does not come spilling out of the back of a car on fire. Nitrous will only add oxygen to an existing fire, but it will not engulf an entire car in flames that quickly like fuel will. Unfortunatly as bad as that thing burned, noone will know what caused it. My guess would be that something happened with the nitrous/fuel lines or rails and cause fuel and possibly nitrious also to leak. Very sorry for the owners of that car as it is a TOTAL loss. The headwind at the track just made that thing burn so fast there was no putting it out.

Other than that the weekend was great, especially for us and the mitsu crowd. I ran my best of 11.293 at 122.90 mph in my daily driven Galant. Eric Gaudi ran his best of 10.80 at 136 in his daily talon, and the shop evo made some very good passes as well.

Thanks for everyone that attended, we all had fun.

Eric

from what i heard he had a fuel leak before that run and they were driving it around the parking lot to test it after working on that leak. then after they thought they fixed it they went out and it caught. i heard that from my dude Paul he said he saw them fixing fuel issues... so ya. i blew a head gasket! not surprising is it... but ya so thats just what i heard..
Old Apr 17, 2005, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I will get the official results up from the Showdown as soon as I get a listing of it all this week from the track.

Al did win the EVO VS. WRX class which ended up actually being EVO VS. EVO after the first round. I was disapointed to see so many Subaru's racing but none took advantage of this class.

AMS was in the Q8 class. Curt Brown was in the EVO VS. WRX class but broke the retainer on the clutch very early in the day. Our shop car was at a severe disadvantage running stock Advans, stock brakes and wheels and at full weight. My brother refuses to change the parts on the car, says he wants his EVO to remain an EVO. Still mustered up a 10.94 at 134 mph. I am going to talk him into putting some tires on the car, a 10.9 with a 1.83 sixty foot time is pretty good.

Al's car shined throughout the day running quite a few passes and no mechanical problems what-so-ever. He is ready for next week as he wanted to be. He personally ran multiple 10.2's in the car. Kevin, the pilot of our Conquest, ran a 10.18 at 141 mph first time ever in the car. All I heard all night from Kevin was, "Couple more runs in that car and I'd put in the 9's, no problem. Car is so smooth, shifts like butter, it's like driving a Cadilac down the track." Kevin was impressed.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 17, 2005, 12:32 PM
AMS
Former Sponsor

It was a great event, great to see so many EVO's there.
It was our first time out with the new setup and we had a bunch of bugs to work out and where running out of injector so we really couldn't push it too hard. We used the nitrous on two passes (the 10.06 pass, and another with with some other issues), the rest of the day was all boost and limited at that (100% duty cycle on the inj.). The best boost pass was 10.11 at 141mph wich was the the first pass off the trailer. We had some ignition issues wich we found at the very end during practice.
We'll be back at the track after the One Lap Event and I'm confident the car will be going solid 9's on boost.

Thanks for everyone's support and congratulations to all the event winners.

-Martin
Old Apr 17, 2005, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by DynoFlash

Al.
Let me publicly say, Congrats on your win of the EVO/WRX class. Good job and you deserved it. You have a very strong running car. I appologize for omitting your win and did not mean anything negative towards you or anyone else. I would never intentionally be negative towards someone, especially a customer and if I have offended you in some way, I do appologize. About my snafu, it was indeed my own fault that I did not hear the announcement about the class. As I said before there was never a drivers meeting to explain how they wanted us to race. If there was an announcement made, I did not hear it. My fault. Once again I do appoligize for the omittion and Congrats.
Patrick Rubio