Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Need Help W/ Stealership

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2005, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KILTERMAN
ok first off this may be long so i apologize.

about 5 days ago I noticed my driver's rear tire was real low, so I opened the garage and put air into the tire so I can monitor it, I DO NOT use this car as a daily driver , so I did this simply to monitor how long it would take to get low again. 3 days after this approx. friday it was low again so I put air in it again and started inspecting the tire , to my surprise THE INSIDE TREAD WAS GONE! THE ALIGNMENT HAD BEEN OFF ON THIS WHEEL AND MUST HAVE RUBBED ABOUT 1/2 INCH OF THE SURFACE TREAD CREATING A LIP. I immediately caled MMNA and Told them about what is going on . this is significant simply because I had already called them once complaining about Circle Mitsu in long beach, you see 1100 miles ago they rotated the tires and , evidently this wasnt an issue because it wasnt brought to my attention, also I complained to MMNA about grinding and notchyness is the shifting , circle said there were no problems as they were not able to reproduce something that I experience "everyday".

MMNA told me I needed to take it back to Circle simply because they were the last to work on it and it falls under there responsiblity.

I take it to Circle and they try to tell me that I hit something and that it isnt their probem . I freaked out on them simply because the rims are not chewed up from hitting anything with force there is no scarring under the car from hitting something in the road, THEY DECIDED THAT THEY WERE GONNA KEEP IT ALL WEEKEND AND SENT IT OUT FOR ALIGMENT TESTING AND SUSPENSION COMPONENT TESTING. I AM AWAITING A DISTRICT REPS OPINION ON WHETHER MITSU WILL REPLACE THE REAR TIRES OR WHETHER I AM **** OUT OF LUCK.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND I HAVE A HELIX TB EXHAUST ON THE CAR. ALSO MY CLUTCH IS SLIPPING AFTER 9400 MILES AND ITS MY FAULT BUT THE SYNCHRO PROBLEM ISNT MY FAULT IS THERE ANYWAY TO MAKE THEM FEEL WHAT I AM FEELING? AND IF THEY DO REPLACE THE SYNCHROS WILL THEY REPLACE MY OEM CLUTCH WITH AN ACT FOR A FEE:? HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK THEY WILL CHARGE?

WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT THIS SITUATION?
Could the one tire be worn on the inside like this from underinflation and the fact that the rears run negative camber? As darty as these cars are, if one wheel was that far out of line, wouldn't you feel it?