Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Performance in MA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2005, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Performance in MA

Just wondering where the evo owners in MA took their cars for dyno tuning as well as performance parts. Has anyone delt with Pro-spec performance in quincy? Just trying to get some ideas as to what my other options are because im not too sure about this place.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 12:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
there's only one place that has an AWD dyno in MA...KTR performance. But they are ridiculously expensive because they cater to Porsche/Ferrari/other high end car crowd.

My friend has a shop right outside Boston. www.dentsport.com He should be able to get you anything you need. Tell him Anj sent you.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

I am interested in places in MA also. I don't want to spend a lot but I want a place that knows about the car!
Old Feb 28, 2005, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

i have heard good things about www.dentsport.com as well. If anyone is close to cape, i have a friend that will do installs at the shop he works for.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

PF Modify...Brighton, MA u can check 'em too. 2wd dyno @ SPAmotorsports
Old Feb 28, 2005, 05:28 PM
slc

Anj,

KTR is NOT "expensive" by any means. They charge basic labor rates at $70 - $75. The high end cars you mention about (Porsches, Ferraris) are mostly old race cars that are being maintained and race prep.

Electric Evo and Persian Evo,

KTR has a load dyno AWD. Thdy also tune piggyback, flash, ECUTEK, Standalone.

Lots of experience with Subbies, EVOs, etc. Franz the head mechanic has his own evo and does his own development when he gets time.

Pay them a visit and you will be plesantly surprised.

http://www.ktrperformance.com/servic...graph_main.htm

http://www.ktrperformance.com/servic...ftd_090904.htm

OTOH my boy Alex at DSG does good work too ! Gangsta SR motor in a BMW

edit: Isn't PF Modify defunct ? and now in RI ?
Old Feb 28, 2005, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Awesome, thanks for the feedback, you speak highly of them, gotta check them out thanks again for the info guys...Ill be sure to mention you anj, hopefully they'll give you a discount or something
Old Feb 28, 2005, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Damn, dentsport has some seriously mean customer cars!
Old Feb 28, 2005, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Cool stuff.

For my bday I'm planning on getting 264 cams installed at Dentsport in Norwood, then get a mail in flash from turbotrix. With a 1 year old daugher don't think I'll be able to make the trip to NJ.

That's good to know about KTR, so maybe I can fine tune with my SAFCII. I assume they have wideband for a/f tuning?

That's funny that the dood's name is Franz, I've only met one other Franz in my life, lol.

Take care,

FB
Old Feb 28, 2005, 06:41 PM
Evolving Member

hehe..Bill and Alex from DSG is the ****..you wont regret going to them..

i'm there working on my evo all the time..if you go there..hopefully i'll be there @ the same time...
Old Feb 28, 2005, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

hehe..Bill and Alex from DSG is the ****..you wont regret going to them..

i'm there working on my evo all the time..if you go there..hopefully i'll be there @ the same time...
Hell yeah man, and damn, nice number there on your evo!
Old Mar 1, 2005, 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slc
Anj,

KTR is NOT "expensive" by any means. They charge basic labor rates at $70 - $75. The high end cars you mention about (Porsches, Ferraris) are mostly old race cars that are being maintained and race prep.

Their dyno rates with A/F readout is pretty freaking expensive...but then again I'm used to rates for FWD dynojets
Old Mar 1, 2005, 07:35 AM
slc

Anj,

KTR's dyno rate is pretty typical too. FYI, they use the dyno mostly for tuning and this is where that particular dyno shines. They can load any RPM at any speed to emulate real driving conditions as opposed to the FWD/AWD Dynojets you are used to.

You can get a "break" on the cost during dyno days. But that does not buy you much if you plan on tuning your car coz it's not cost effective. You cannot do any tuning.

Berkel,

Contact Franz at KTR if you want a "flash" - ask him if he can do the same thing like he does for the Subarus

Good luck

d
Old Mar 1, 2005, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

Ahhhh,

I didn't even think of getting a custom tune local. Definitely something to consider if they can do it, thanks for the heads up.

Lately, my car seems to knock and pull timing if I lean the SAFC too much, so I have very conservative setting right now (only pulling -3%/4% max). I'm going to try 8 range ngk coppers and see if it helps, but I'm concerned that a mail-in flash may not work well on my car. It's probably an issue with my car's current state though, so we'll see.

So KTR has a hearbreaker dyno, huh? I saw that car with cams and TBE was making almost 300 WHP. Jeez, I hope I can crack 250 or so.

Hey TDO5HR, def like to meet up with you. I''ll probably get the cams around end of March or in April.

Take care,

FB
Old Mar 1, 2005, 07:46 AM

Prospec in quincy doesn't have a dyno but they know the evo and are pretty decent guys....i know them and have grown up with one of the guys there but their prices are a lil' high for parts. for my turbo timer and bov they basically only matched the prices i found through the vendors here and i grew up with the guy....as for knowing the evo, if u drive around boston and the brookline/allston/brighton area, u mite find a yellow evo (i think it has vinyl graphix, don't quote me) that looks like they've modded the crap out of it, that's the one prospec had done......it's kinda funny though because the 2 cars that they drive and are in front of the store are STi's u figure it'd be an STi shop but i see more evos come and go from them

as for pfmodify, i sorta know the guys there too and i've heard mixed reviews about them...i've never brought my car to them but my friends had them do body work on their rsx and 325 and they weren't too pleased with the results....my friends actually told me to stay clear from them unless i was only there to purchase parts and to install them myself....as for whether or not they're here anymore, i dunno but it wouldn't surprise me

Quick Reply: Performance in MA