Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

UK owners - insurance/finance question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2005, 01:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UK owners - insurance/finance question

Hi all.

I'm currently saving up for an Evolution, currently driving a 1.1 litre Renault Clio (N reg) and will do for a year or two to get the no-claims bonus on my current insurance. Will be doing PassPlus in a month or two to bring my insurance rates down.

Anyway, the plan is to save up 15/20k for the Evo (7 or 8), and pay the rest off in instalments. Would I be best getting one off a dealer, or second hand? I'm planning on modding the car up too to do racetrack events so which insurance companies would insure me for that, if any? I know of Adrian Flux through Max Power magazine (although the cars in there hardly could be called Max Power. )

The current financial situation that I am in means I can afford to pay around 700 quid a month for insurance and backpayments, is it possible to get an Evo for this price range - considering I'll be 22/23 by the time I purchase one and with two years no claims (fingers crossed)

And would keeping the car on a council estate (Wythenshawe) bring the prices up more?

Cheers
Ben
Old Mar 1, 2005, 03:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try this forum....http://www.lancerregister.com//home.php