Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Racing on highway = criminal violation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2005, 11:39 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
how much over and what are your tickets?

how many tickets did you have before that was over 25mph?

reckless driving, speeding, and get street racing, you're screwed. get a lawyer and let him do everything.

He'll make a deal for ya.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 11:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe you should have put on your brakes and pulled in instead of speeding up, not knocking your decision (hind sight is just that hind sight, I probably would have done the same as you) Get a well known lawyer who specializes in this type of infraction. It will cost you 1 time not years on your insurance. Did you explain this to the police? If you get a well known lawyer in your area then maybe he has dealt with the judge who will get the case. If so he may know exactly what you can do.Where are you from? Age may also play a part. How old are you? Do you have any other points for speeding ect.?

Hope you can get away with minimal charges (fines) Good luck and be positive.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

Maybe I just had a really good lawyer, but last time I paid one (for a simple speeding ticket, mind you) I never even had to SPEAK in court. In fact, I don't even remember him saying anything in court... I'm sure he did, but it seemed like I just hired him, said "hey I wasn't speeding," he said "ok," showed up to court and the judge just dismissed it. I swear, his mere presence got my ticket dismissed. I think he was a magic genie. hahahaha

Sorry, I know its not exactly the same, but there's some optimism for ya as far as lawyers go...
Old Mar 2, 2005, 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

you in southern CA?

if so, i'll get it dismissed for you.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RaceBiscuit
Maybe I just had a really good lawyer, but last time I paid one (for a simple speeding ticket, mind you) I never even had to SPEAK in court. In fact, I don't even remember him saying anything in court... I'm sure he did, but it seemed like I just hired him, said "hey I wasn't speeding," he said "ok," showed up to court and the judge just dismissed it. I swear, his mere presence got my ticket dismissed. I think he was a magic genie. hahahaha

Sorry, I know its not exactly the same, but there's some optimism for ya as far as lawyers go...
yeah, they talk in the back room before actually presenting out in public.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:29 AM
Evolved Member

^ apparently. I was grateful, whatever the reason.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:31 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RaceBiscuit
^ apparently. I was grateful, whatever the reason.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:32 AM
Evolved Member

Try driving in Arizona. Going more than 85 on the freeway is a criminal offence. That's right, doing 10 over is a class 3 misdemeanor. $300 and 3 points and a mandatory court appearance. Oh ya, and it's anything 15 or more over on surface streets.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 12:33 AM
Evolved Member

eek. Glad we don't have the points system here in Texas...we do, however, have that "3 strikes and you're out" rule... (sorry for OT).
Old Mar 3, 2005, 01:58 AM

You got yourself into this mess by exercising bad judgement. There is a price to be paid for every decision in life. Welcome to the real world.

EB
Old Mar 3, 2005, 03:55 AM
Evolved Member

Def helps with a lawyer, but if you are confident enough and speak your mind, you can have the judge be on your side. I had some stupid tickets for things I did not do, i.e u-turn within 500 feet from traffic light and I refused to hire a lawyer and fought the case myself. I just raised my voice, pointed at the cop and called him a liar and told my story. Judge dismissed the case. Might be different in texas, but this is how I do it in Chicago.

But with the case linked to streetracing, you should get a lawyer just in case.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

I'd talk to a lawyer and try to get some advice, you should try to explain what happened and how you wouldn't waist your time with a car like that anyways.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 05:27 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eddybear
You got yourself into this mess by exercising bad judgement. There is a price to be paid for every decision in life. Welcome to the real world.

EB
wtf r u talking about bad decesions he was speeding not raping little girls or selling crack in high schools

post somethign worthwhile or not at all
Old Mar 3, 2005, 06:01 AM

Originally Posted by eddybear

EB
I agree with him, even if you go in there and say "but but he was being an *** and I needed to make a right turn" the judge is going to say "so instead of slowing down you sped up broke the law and made an excuse out of it?" and then tell you you are free to go? lol! You guys live in a dream world.
Old Mar 3, 2005, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by troutfishin02
I still want the LEGAL advice, btw.

get a laywer. That's my legal advise

Quick Reply: Racing on highway = criminal violation