Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Racing on highway = criminal violation

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2005, 09:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
If you have a clean driving record, you can represent yourself and may get only court costs or if they see that you were doing it, possibly 6 months probation. If you have an extensive record, tickets etc, get a lawyer right away. Dont ask me how I know all this. Good luck. You can pm me if you need more info.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, almost six months and two grand later, and the case has finally been disposed. No criminal record, no points on my license, no fine - just 12 hours of driving school. God, but that's punishment enough.

For anyone who might think I'm condoning or at least tolerating street racing by saying "I got off light", please read the entire thread before making any nasty comments. The facts of my age, the circumstances, my NEARLY spotless driving record, and the fact that I work in EMS helped me a great deal.... that and the expensive lawyer.

Thanks for all of you who gave helpful advice - my advice to all of you out there is to imagine that everyone who revs at you is an undercover cop, or that there's one watching - because you never know what kind of stupid crap is going to happen from stomping on it in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Be safe!
Old Aug 18, 2005, 12:30 PM
.L.
Evolved Member

they're cracking down.... big time. within the matter of 2 months i've had 2 friends die on the highway. both instances involved them slamming into semi trucks. death on impact. just not worth it. ANYTHING can go wrong.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 12:53 PM
Evolving Member

way to go trout! Glad you got this taken care of. I was racing on the highway before, the other guy saw the cop before I did; he slowed and I didn't. I was busted for 85 in a 60, talked to a lawyer and the ticket was reduced to an illegal parking.

I've got a current ticket on my hands, 71 in a 40. I'm going to have that one fixed as well.
Sorry to get OFF topic there.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
thank god you got off man, that would have sucked if it went on your record!