Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Local Shop Wrecked my MOTOR!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2005, 08:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WHere are you located?
Old Mar 4, 2005, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the maximum for small claims court in your area? That way you don't need an attorney. Get an estimate for repairing the damage from a dealership and send it to him registered mail. Inform him that you would like him to pay for the damages that he caused and that if he doesn't you'll inform the Better Business Bureau and will initiate legal action. Document everything. Every exchange or conversation. Even if it's just verbal. take notes afterwards.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Only a couple of people can touch my car. Me, Dealer, Turbotrix.... AND MY MAIN MAN SUPERZ!!!
Old Mar 4, 2005, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kordwood
What is the maximum for small claims court in your area? That way you don't need an attorney. Get an estimate for repairing the damage from a dealership and send it to him registered mail. Inform him that you would like him to pay for the damages that he caused and that if he doesn't you'll inform the Better Business Bureau and will initiate legal action. Document everything. Every exchange or conversation. Even if it's just verbal. take notes afterwards.
i agree with kordwood. if the guy wont own up, try going through small claims. hiring a lawyer will take a chunk out of whatever you are able to recuperate.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

WTF! damn, just reading your story makes me pissed. i cant stand people like that mechanic that wont even tell you that they have no experience at what they're doing and could give two ***** if they mess your car up. Thats just f*c*in ignorant. sorry to hear about this, you should definitly win the case, but now you're out a car for a while...hopefully you wont trust your car with just anyone again.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
Only a couple of people can touch my car. Me, Dealer, Turbotrix.... AND MY MAIN MAN SUPERZ!!!
Like the above quote, always use someone who is proven and has a degree of licensing or certification. I would never trust anyone who wasn't at some point, ASE certified AND a licensed Mitsubishi technician. YOU HAVE TO HAVE TRAINING TO WORK ON THESE CARS. And if a mechanic ever tells you "we can work on anything" or "we'll MAKE anything fit" do not take your vehicle there.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 09:18 AM
Evolving Member

Holy crap, that is nuts, without a doubt a moron move. Tell him to come clean or you will let courts decide.

Shane
Old Mar 4, 2005, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

That really really really sucks.

In my experience, 90% of mechanics out there are not qualified to work on a 1970 dodge. 99.99% of them are not qualified to do engine work on an Evo.

Finding a mechanic able to work on Evos CORRECTLY is as good as gold.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

show us the pictures!
Old Mar 4, 2005, 03:43 PM

im not gonna say anymore details...to be safe...but i will keep all of you posted on what happens....thanks for your support...i need it right now
Old Mar 4, 2005, 03:48 PM

Ttt
Old Mar 4, 2005, 03:49 PM

so every evo owner thinks twice b4 he brings it to a shop!!!!!
Old Mar 4, 2005, 03:54 PM

thats why you should only send it to real mechanics...mechanics who have done things like this before...wow...
Old Mar 4, 2005, 04:06 PM

also if there are any CERTIFIED MITSU TECHS that are willing to give me a noterized letter that states that it is possible that by installing 1 arp headstud torqued more than the stock bolts you can cause serious damage to the head/ head gasket/ block, in terms of warping the head, and or cracking the block... i have alot of spare parts laying around i could make it up to you?

TTT
Old Mar 4, 2005, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

That's very sorry to hear man. I"d be throwing up as well if someone did that to my car. Well I hope its a lesson learned - dont trust ppl u dont know. This is why I have waited to have head studs installed- Turbo Trix is coming to FL tomm and they're doing it for me. Good luck man

Krunal