Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Local Shop Wrecked my MOTOR!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 4, 2005, 05:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Man thats not cool. My brother is a mechanic and he always tells me stories of how there is guys at his dealership that couldnt put a bicycle back together that are B-techs and such. I will not trust ANYONE working on my car unless it is my brother (who is a long term DSM guy and good mechanic) OR a shop like Turbotrix or Pruven Performance, who KNOW the cars.

TRUST NO ONE! Im sorry to hear this happened to you, thats ****ty but dont worry it will be over soon and youve more than obviously learned where NOT to take your car!

Tom
Well Sh*t!. For a guy like me who doesn't know much about cars, who can you trust if not the Mitsubishi Techs?
Old Mar 4, 2005, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

Very sad story. I hope you have a happy ending for it.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

MOST mechanics and repair shops are like that~!
They just dont care about your car but making money as fast as they can .

i always stand by them and inspect their work! eventhough they hate to being watched.
i just give them a big tip. and they seem to take their time and do a good job!
Its all about the MONEY in this business...

To be honest, i myself tends to do that also as a auto window tinter.
if someone gives me a good tip. i tend to do the job better... so give em a tip before ! not after !
Old Mar 4, 2005, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
that sucks man.

Ed-
Old Mar 4, 2005, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

OMG, I'd be so pissed off. I agree with everyone else though, don't give him the opportunity to mess your car up again. If you can avoid using an lawyer, it would be in your best interest. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.
Old Mar 4, 2005, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
just think about what could happen if he hurts something that will break in the future and your unknowing about this....
Old Mar 4, 2005, 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mathgeek
Well Sh*t!. For a guy like me who doesn't know much about cars, who can you trust if not the Mitsubishi Techs?
To tell you the truth I dont know what to tell you! My brother is a mechanic at Mazda. He said when you bring your car in, you have a 50% chance of getting a complete idiot, or getting someone who is trustworthy and a good mechanic. LUCK I guess?!

Try and find a reputable shop near you that maybe someone you know has gone to and you can trust. Im thankful I have my brother and some good shops close by to me.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 12:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that sux. i have to file unlawful detainers and get judgements against deadbeats in superior court about 6 times a year. you can pay $500 for an attorney and get a judgement against the mechanic. but he won't pay you back, they never do. basicly it comes down to paying $500 so you can ruin his credit. you're better off throwing a rock through the dudes front window.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Alright I gotta call at least a taint of BS. Sorry bro. you "threw up'? Presumably this was from the shock and horror of visually spotting the #3 headstud tourqued to tight??? You could have a serious medical condition, if you trow up all the time when you get stressed, forget about your car. Your a "performance" Honda tech? What the F is that? If your any kind of mechanic why are you not working on your own car? Plus, I assume you might know other mechanics if you were a mechanic.

Good luck resolving this, I'm painfully skeptical and if your legit that really sucks sorry.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 08:43 AM

i work 5 days a week, and simply dont have the time...i wanted it done in a day and i needed an alignment which i obviously cant do myself...i came across some $$ and figured id have someone do it...i trusted this shop because they did a motor in my fathers car and it was done right (as far as i can tell)... Performance honda techs exactly what it says...i work at a shop and all we do is aftermarket parts for hondas, motor swaps, motor assembly. Ive been working on hondas for years and i even went through tech school but when it comes to the mitsubishi i dont want to take risks for this exact reason, if i had somehow damaged that id be even more screwed... also i said i threw up when i saw water come out of the hole...i had been out of a car for 3 months because of an accident, i got it back last week and put about 2gs in parts/labor since then...i was glad to have it back, and when i saw coolant filling up my head i literally got nauseus and threw up....it usually takes me a lot to puke like that. even tho i love it, this car has put an unbearable amount of stress on me...im just hoping hes civil about it when he sees it and he does the right thing...
Old Mar 5, 2005, 08:54 AM

Man oh man! This is the very reason that when I need to have work done to my car that I can't do myself, I take a day off from work and drive down to Road Race Engineering here in California and let Tony do his magic; the work is perfect, the car runs better, and I NEVER have to worry about it. Talk to an attorney and see if maybe a letter from the attorney will be enough impetus to have this moron make right what he did to your car. If not go to court and have every scrap of paper that you and he were in contact with, tape record his sorryass excuses and play hardball.
Old Mar 5, 2005, 10:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rEVOLUTIONh8
i work 5 days a week, and simply dont have the time...i wanted it done in a day and i needed an alignment which i obviously cant do myself...i came across some $$ and figured id have someone do it...i trusted this shop because they did a motor in my fathers car and it was done right (as far as i can tell)... Performance honda techs exactly what it says...i work at a shop and all we do is aftermarket parts for hondas, motor swaps, motor assembly. Ive been working on hondas for years and i even went through tech school but when it comes to the mitsubishi i dont want to take risks for this exact reason, if i had somehow damaged that id be even more screwed... also i said i threw up when i saw water come out of the hole...i had been out of a car for 3 months because of an accident, i got it back last week and put about 2gs in parts/labor since then...i was glad to have it back, and when i saw coolant filling up my head i literally got nauseus and threw up....it usually takes me a lot to puke like that. even tho i love it, this car has put an unbearable amount of stress on me...im just hoping hes civil about it when he sees it and he does the right thing...
Aaright sorry man, goodluck i stressed about having my cams installed too, but got through unscathed. Keep us posted.